Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so reminiscent of when Pat Moran kept sending out teasers re: the falsely reported border bust.

"Hey Bills fans, I'm about to post something that's going to be HUGE to the Buffalo Bills! Get ready!!" Bush League.

I doubt that Graham will bet his daughter's life on it though... ;)

doesn't mean any of these people are bidders. they could just be window shopping. let's see some reports on who is actually in round 2 of this process

Lucky for them there's a bright, shiny new Bills Store at OBD with huge windows!

I'm rooting for Pegula as much as anyone, but wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if someone else with Buffalo ties won the bid. If Pegula owns the Bills, Sabres, and perhaps a new Bills stadium, that's a lot of eggs in one basket as far as the WNY region is involved. God forbid something happened to him, or there is some kind of Rigas or Haslam situation.

I'm hoping it is him (but somehow I doubt it). The multiple ownership rules could easily be bypassed because he has family who could take over the Bruins, or technically own the Bills.

Jauronimo's head will explode if Jacobs owns the Bruins and Pegula owns Sabres and we don't know if either can own the Bills. Oh well, there's always Hamilton Ontario.

What's funny is everyone has been in love with Pegula as owner. If a Gundlach/Kelly/ potentially Golisano group steps up will everyone be disappointed? Will people start rooting against Jim Kelly? Or if Pegula gets it - are people upset he took the team away from Kelly? I'm happy either way - just keep away from JBJ.

At the end of the day, all I really care about are that the Bills stay in WNY for decades to come so that my young children can grow up rooting for them like I did. Whoever ends up the owner really won't make a substantive difference in my life (unless we end up with PSLs/outrageous ticket prices as part of their new stadium plans I guess).

Well in TG's carefully crafted prior news, he stated "up to" 8 possible bidders. Now he circles back and say "see who signed the NDA" so as to complete the full circle to support "up to 8." So now he's on record, I believe of meeting his self-imposed "up to 8" with the known 4 (T-money, Golisano, Bongiovi, Trump) plus Grunlach, Mr. PBR, the Canucks owners, and the Pritzkers. So now he can meet his own self-fulfilling prophecy and say "see, there could be up to 8 because I have some names now." Waste of time.

Know it's been assumed but adam begnini confirms it is Gundlach that Kelly is partnered with

@ByTimGraham: Another in-the-know source today echoed what I tweeted last week: The reported $1.3 billion Pegula bid waaaaaaay off. Actual bid much lower.

Know it's been assumed but adam begnini confirms it is Gundlach that Kelly is partnered with

I just don't understand the purpose of their bid when Pegula is the owner that we all want. Unless they are trying to join up with Pegula then I don't understand the purpose of trying to fight it out with a billionaire who has more cash in his wallet than either of those guys will ever see