EJ looked calm and in control..

I think folks like yourself and Dareustein need to realize that this is a FAN site that is unaffiliated with the Buffalo Bills.

If you got hate for your fellow fans then don't come here.

Go to Buffalobills.com message board and tell them how much you have appreciated the quality of football they produce and to keep up the good work.

By frequenting there you support the team and it's employees and not just a bunch of fans who may or may not see things the way you do.

And if someone is criticizing the team there you can tell them how much you hate them and why and at least you will be fulfilling your self prescribed obligation to cheerlead against the criticism of the team.

There is no reason for the personal attacks on fellow fans here whether they share your OPINION or not.

I don't have any hate for anyone here. I'm sorry if it came across that way, wasn't my intention.

However my opinion of the EJ "haters" is just as valid as as those who have an opinion on EJ. It's not my responsibility to call anyone out and I also gave my opinion on the fans with "blind hope", not sure why my thoughts offend you so much.

I've been coming to this site since the day we drafted Nate Clements, I've been thru the Holcomb, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick debacles and it's always the same thing, this is nothing new and I'm not going to another message board. I'm as loyal to TSW as I am to the Bills themselves. I don't have to curtail my opinions on posters just like posters don't have to curtail their opinions on players. There will always be people that would rather be right than anything else, people on BOTH sides of the fence and I'm not infallible to this either.

There are some great contributors on this board- Yolo, SJBF, NoSaint, BBF, Jboyst, Ryan and Bill appear right off the top of my head who are able to add something in a mostly pragmatic way.

Some posters- JMO, DCTom, Chef and BB off the top of my head add something in the way of humor and levity to this site.

And then you have the agenda seekers- I won't name names because I don't want to offend or call people out that detract from TSW. IMO They detract because every post is the same thing- it's boring. There used to be a rule around here against crusades, I guess that went by the waist side when EJ was drafted. Wonder why? Either way, it's disappointing to see people who have been here for years, some now even mods, that have been here through the other crusaders and detractors now doing it themselves. But it is what it is, and I'm not going anywhere but when I see people with agendas if I feel like calling them out I will. Doesn't mean I'm angry or that I hate the poster themself, it just means I'm joining in on "The airing of grievances".

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't hit his targets consistently? 69.2% is pretty consistent for any NFL QB. Confused? Lacking true leadership? I'd love to see some specifics on how you think his performance last night supports your silly claims. WTF are you even talking about?

Trolls gonna troll. Haters gonna hate.

A bit harsh, Doctor, but for the most part I agree that they are smug in their dislike of EJ. I wonder how many are Florida, Georgia, or U Miami fans.

Just doesn't seem right. They get to wave their pom poms and shout "EJ sucks!" at every PS incompletion. Yet when he does play well, we have to sit on our hands. Oh well, at least he view from the high road is nice.... I guess

It's too bad EJ's rookie year was hobbled by the fluke injuries because it left the door open for this great cloud of skepticism and uncertainty to fill the void with the mantra: "EJ Sux". The criticism of him as a person is largely unwarranted and comes across as a "Personal Foul! Pissing in his cornflakes. 15 yards... First Down!" His on field performance has to and should improve. Personally, I think a lot of his skeptics will be proven wrong, but then again I'm an optimist.

There was enough nibble last night for both camps. EJ looked good for the plays that were called for him. But it's obvious that the training wheels are still on for him. That still appears to be the strategy - limit the playbook and take as much decision making away from him at this point. The reigns were much looser on Lewis. I'm still scared of our backup QB situation, neither played well. Panthers announcers were commenting that Webb may not make the team. That should be a serious option for OBD.

That would be a good thing. It seems the FO is tightly focused on roster improvements at particular spots and doles out the attention and money concentrated on those positions to the detriment of other needy spots. The year it was OLine for one. But we've already seen in the early results that taking a player high up in the Draft doesn't necessarily equate to success. To me that is their strategy. Cyril, Kujo, and Henderson... Take 'em all and at least one of them should pan out. Let's hope next year they focus on TEs and DEs, and depending on how Kiko rehabs - OLBs.

I'd rather sit back and enjoy football. It works both ways though, there are those that will back up EJ no matter what. The difference to me is that the hardcore supporters have a lot of hope(even if it's made them blind to the truth).

I like the Cliff Notes. We fans have to be true to ourselves but honest in our evaluations of players, coaches, and the organization.

Go Bills!

Edited by Beerball

I hate to say it, but it's just as silly to go ape**** over EJ looking decent last night as it was to complain about the batted balls last week.

Three more practice games, lots more reps (including a couple of joint practices w/ Pitt this week) = more time to get comfortable. Just get us to Chicago with a confident, healthy EJ who is continuing to improve.

Can I get an Amen!?

Just doesn't seem right. They get to wave their pom poms and shout "EJ sucks!" at every PS incompletion. Yet when he does play well, we have to sit on our hands. Oh well, at least he view from the high road is nice.... I guess

Probably why he included "as it was to complain about the batted balls last week."

:) #babysteps

I'll take progress.

I don't have any hate for anyone here. I'm sorry if it came across that way, wasn't my intention.

However my opinion of the EJ "haters" is just as valid as as those who have an opinion on EJ. It's not my responsibility to call anyone out and I also gave my opinion on the fans with "blind hope", not sure why my thoughts offend you so much.

I've been coming to this site since the day we drafted Nate Clements, I've been thru the Holcomb, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick debacles and it's always the same thing, this is nothing new and I'm not going to another message board. I'm as loyal to TSW as I am to the Bills themselves. I don't have to curtail my opinions on posters just like posters don't have to curtail their opinions on players. There will always be people that would rather be right than anything else, people on BOTH sides of the fence and I'm not infallible to this either.

There are some great contributors on this board- Yolo, SJBF, NoSaint, BBF, Jboyst, Ryan and Bill appear right off the top of my head who are able to add something in a mostly pragmatic way.

Some posters- JMO, DCTom, Chef and BB off the top of my head add something in the way of humor and levity to this site.

And then you have the agenda seekers- I won't name names because I don't want to offend or call people out that detract from TSW. IMO They detract because every post is the same thing- it's boring. There used to be a rule around here against crusades, I guess that went by the waist side when EJ was drafted. Wonder why? Either way, it's disappointing to see people who have been here for years, some now even mods, that have been here through the other crusaders and detractors now doing it themselves. But it is what it is, and I'm not going anywhere but when I see people with agendas if I feel like calling them out I will. Doesn't mean I'm angry or that I hate the poster themself, it just means I'm joining in on "The airing of grievances".

Great post Hazed. It's how I feel, but couldn't have said it nearly as well. Keep up the fight. :worthy:

However my opinion of the EJ "haters" is just as valid as as those who have an opinion on EJ.

I read the rest of your post but let me stop you at the line above because this is where you are dead wrong.

If you have a problem with someone's opinion about a player/coach etc. then offer a counter opinion about the player/coach etc.......or simply agree to disagree.

When you try to negatively characterize other posters who you have no personal knowledge of simply because they have an opposing viewpoint to your own you are simply attempting to marginalize their opinion.

That behavior starts fights.....not opinions about players...... and just as importantly it discourages discussion among fans which is the point of the site.

I read the rest of your post but let me stop you at the line above because this is where you are dead wrong.

If you have a problem with someone's opinion about a player/coach etc. then offer a counter opinion about the player/coach etc.......or simply agree to disagree.

When you try to negatively characterize other posters who you have no personal knowledge of simply because they have an opposing viewpoint to your own you are simply attempting to marginalize their opinion.

That behavior starts fights.....not opinions about players...... and just as importantly it discourages discussion among fans which is the point of the site.

It's obvious we have a disagreement about disagreeing. It's becoming very disagreeable. Don't you agree?

Bado I am gonna say this works both ways.....when negative posters give their opinions then call themselves "realists" then criticize others as "fanboys" or "apologists" or "cheerleaders'

We dont like those labels either

Bado I am gonna say this works both ways.....when negative posters give their opinions then call themselves "realists" then criticize others as "fanboys" or "apologists" or "cheerleaders'

We dont like those labels either

Don't forget "Kool-Aid Drinkers". That's a nice pejorative that the "realists" sling about with abandon.

He looked like EJ. Timid, indecisive, no 'It', no belief by his actions or persona that he can win and it permeates to his teammates. Did ANYONE really think we would score with 3 downs inside the 5 yrd line?

Watching the RedZone chl, this years 1st Rd QB's displayed 'IT' in Jax & Minny. Hell, even Butt-Fumble Sanchez showed pocket poise. I blame those radio hacks who hoodwinked Buddy. His comments forced Fitz to steel his resolve and not renegotiate, forcing us into desperation with the draft where no QB picked will likely make it past 5 years in the League.

We have a Dog QB.

EJ played very well last night, I can't believe people are trying to tear down his performance. Proves some people have an agenda.

Yet I received a warning from Beerball for trolling.

Lovely setup we have here.

I'll keep my mouth shut, I guess.

Yet I received a warning from Beerball for trolling.

Lovely setup we have here.

I'll keep my mouth shut, I guess.

Don't ever do that. I felt the same about what you quoted above. Had to be trolling.

Don't ever do that. I felt the same about what you quoted above. Had to be trolling.

I just think it's kinda funny... trolling gets you a moderator badge.... satirizing/calling out trolls gets you a warning message.

I'm sure me complaining about it publicly will go well also. But hey, whatever, life or something.

On Thursday and Friday, I was a strong advocate for keeping a close eye on EJ and allowing Tuel to rise up the chart *IF* Tuel kept improving and AND EJ continued to struggle...I'm happy to say, that EJ demonstratively showed that he is in fact improving, which is all I was asking for from him...so, I'm happy to take a less frenetic week on the EJ front and allow him another game against Pitt to take the next step and improve a bit more...I reserve judgment until the final week of practice, but if EJ continues his upward trajectory and shows consistent command of the offense while taking the Offense to score, I will be happy to put the Tuel non-sense to rest....I was encouraged, but not satisfied with his performance, and as such I expect EJ to take another important step forward but Friday's game against the Panthers was a marked improvement and hope he continues...