GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is very quality depth and plays ST. Ugh.

i thought I wouldn’t get nervous but it’s really starting to set in 

I still can't believe OSU went from no season in September to playing Alabama in January for a natty. I'm nervous but very confident that the Bucks will go hard tonight.  Just an incredible opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I still can't believe OSU went from no season in September to playing Alabama in January for a natty. I'm nervous but very confident that the Bucks will go hard tonight.  Just an incredible opportunity. 

5 months ago today was when they cancelled the season. The season that almost never was. 

Maybe I'm showing my college football ignorance but i feel like i will be falling asleep by 3rd quarter as Alabama has the game in hand, i sure hope I am wrong, as i would much rather watch a close game and I am a bit sick of Alabama.  I'm sure some of you with more knowledge (Yolo) can school me as to why I'm probably under estimating the Buckeyes.

54 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

Maybe I'm showing my college football ignorance but i feel like i will be falling asleep by 3rd quarter as Alabama has the game in hand, i sure hope I am wrong, as i would much rather watch a close game and I am a bit sick of Alabama.  I'm sure some of you with more knowledge (Yolo) can school me as to why I'm probably under estimating the Buckeyes.

Justin Fields is better than Mac Jones. They have a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Suck it Buckeyes!!!

Suckeyes(predictably) caught a massive beat down.

Thanks to Clemson for crapping themselves to spread out the fun of watching the likes of ND and Ohio State get destroyed.

FACT: there are rarely 2 championship worthy teams let alone 4...........but the 4 team playoff shuts up the whiny nozzles at schools like the above and Oklahoma and provides the opportunity to watch them get embarrassed after building up false hope.

Congrats to Bama who is as good as advertised. Just devastating. The Buckeyes make big plays and it’s awesome and exciting and too much for just about any team, but Saban just drives that tractor up and down the field and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Didn’t matter who was in or out tonight; Bama out played OSU, out coached OSU, and is a more than worthy champion. 13-0 is incredible in any season, but especially in this remarkable season.  

As for the Buckeyes, as I’ve mentioned, I thought there would be no football this year and that the last pass Justin Fields would throw as a Buckeye would be an interception against Clemson. It’s amazing that they fought their own conference, cobbled a season together, won the B1G, avenged losses to Clemson, and played for the natty. It’s a painful loss for a lot of different reasons, but this was a very entertaining season and Ohio State football has given me a great distraction from everything else going on in the world. And for that, I say How Firm Thy Friendship and Go Bucks. 

We’re on to Baltimore. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I really like Fields.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in play for #1 pick.  To me, he’s a 6’3” 230lb version of Kyler Murray.  

Lol, he sucks. Kyler is special, Buckeye QBs are not. Don't lower Kyler's bar.

Buckeyes didn't deserve to be there and it showed. Half a season against bad teams (Big 10 is trending down like ACC) and pay an egg.

5 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I really like Fields.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in play for #1 pick.  To me, he’s a 6’3” 230lb version of Kyler Murray.  

Fields rarely runs so I don't think he's the threat murray is running. Murray had as many yards in one season as Fields did in three

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s more of a russell Wilson type running than a Kyler Murray. He chooses his spots. He is a baseball player too, so it’s very smooth. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s more of a russell Wilson type running than a Kyler Murray. He chooses his spots. He is a baseball player too, so it’s very smooth. 

Even with poor first half stats last night, Fields looks solid to me and more NFL ready than Haskins did when he left. 

5 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Even with poor first half stats last night, Fields looks solid to me and more NFL ready than Haskins did when he left. 

He does have almost a full season of experience over what Haskins had, in addition to two full years of Ryan day tutelage. Overall he’s just a significantly better athlete than Haskins, and from what we hear a much harder worker. He also has really emerged as a leader. His ceiling is very high. He has development to do as far as processing and reading defenses  but he’s 21. I wouldn’t want him in the afc East. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I’d love to see Ruckert back for his senior year. I can’t help but think OSU didn’t make the most of his talents (a longstanding issue with tight ends that was supposed to change with Ruck) even with the iconic one handed catches against Wisconsin and others. 

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He does have almost a full season of experience over what Haskins had, in addition to two full years of Ryan day tutelage. Overall he’s just a significantly better athlete than Haskins, and from what we hear a much harder worker. He also has really emerged as a leader. His ceiling is very high. He has development to do as far as processing and reading defenses  but he’s 21. I wouldn’t want him in the afc East. 

Agree with all of this. Seems to me that Fields is every bit the QB that Deshaun Watson is. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

I’d love to see Ruckert back for his senior year. I can’t help but think OSU didn’t make the most of his talents (a longstanding issue with tight ends that was supposed to change with Ruck) even with the iconic one handed catches against Wisconsin and others. 

Agree with all of this. Seems to me that Fields is every bit the QB that Deshaun Watson is. 

Seemed to @YoloinOhio that Haskins was a much better QB prospect than Allen in 2018.   We will see about Fields.   He's clearly exceeded the Tyrod Taylor comp that he was given at Elite 11 but consistency is what separates the greats in the NFL and Fields was prone to bouts of inconsistent play.    What happens when he isn't playing as the clear front runner in a watered-down conference and has to be the leader of a team that's maybe 25th best in the NFL instead of in prime time games?   Does he have 3-4 games like Northwestern one in an NFL season?    

On 1/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

We will see about Fields.   He's clearly exceeded the Tyrod Taylor comp that he was given at Elite 11 but consistency is what separates the greats in the NFL and Fields was prone to bouts of inconsistent play.    What happens when he isn't playing as the clear front runner in a watered-down conference and has to be the leader of a team that's maybe 25th best in the NFL instead of in prime time games?   Does he have 3-4 games like Northwestern one in an NFL season?

I think he's soft.

21 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

You don’t think he showed incredible toughness against Clemson?

At the time I did when we thought it was a rib injury. But I've dealt with hip pointers on the field and after the intensity of the initial pain, it's really not a big deal, especially for a guy playing a primarily non-contact position. Playing through it doesn't qualify as incredible toughness, imo.

I've just noticed some instances of him shying away from contact, seeing ghosts, stepping OB when he doesn't need to, etc.

Just enough to make me question whether or not he has true grit.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

At the time I did when we thought it was a rib injury. But I've dealt with hip pointers on the field and after the intensity of the initial pain, it's really not a big deal, especially for a guy playing a primarily non-contact position. Playing through it doesn't qualify as incredible toughness, imo.

I've just noticed some instances of him shying away from contact, seeing ghosts, stepping OB when he doesn't need to, etc.

Just enough to make me question whether or not he has true grit.

Fair enough, and the short season this year makes that question even harder to answer.  One other example of toughness was during the Michigan game last year; he aggravated a leg injury, left the game for a very short while (maybe just a play), came back in and immediately threw a nice TD ball.  

Yeah, it's just one of those things that we're never really going to know until next year when he steps on a field with some of the world's most frightening lunatics. He seems like a good kid who works hard and does things the right way so that will certainly help, but when it's time to get your growl on, for some guys it just isn't there.

And thanks for the clip; always enjoy watching the Buckeyes hang another one on Michigan. :D

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't think he's accurate. Sure, he's OK at lobbing bombs to open receivers racing past Clemson DBs, but all college qbs with half an arm can do that.

I've seen him make some really nice throws from the far hash, which is more impressive on a college field.

But I freely admit I haven't watched him enough to have a legit take on his accuracy.