GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You do make sense.  If you read my post that you answered, I said that I don't understand OSU. Allow me to add that at this point, I fail to understand the entire Big 10.

I am NOT talking smack to you, but as an Alabama Fan the truth is that I would welcome a playoff game against UCF. In fact, the team that I am the most concerned about is Georgia, followed by OSU. The reason for this is that from my point of view, Bama is NOT a defensive team this season. They appear to be a good defensive squad with a truly exceptional offense. UCF seems to have given up a lot of points to lower rated teams.

OSU, while shaky at times, has proven that they can score. Georgia seems to be a very good and balanced team. Could UCF compete with these teams? I don't know but it is certainly possible. Would they do well against Alabama? Sorry but I cannot visualize them doing so, but I have no wish to fight with you about this.

Peace, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really have no  rooting interest in UCF as a team/school. They just happen to be the example of the unfair system.  We won't play you but you can't be in because you didn't beat anybody but sure you're in the FBS.  It's a joke.

I like football and dig the college spirit but there is no point to having a championship when some teams have no control whatsoever over their own destiny.  That, my friend, is simply not a championship; at least not for the unincluded.

They should call it something other than the FBS championship.  Champion of big guys?

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I really have no  rooting interest in UCF as a team/school. They just happen to be the example of the unfair system.  We won't play you but you can't be in because you didn't beat anybody but sure you're in the FBS.  It's a joke.

I like football and dig the college spirit but there is no point to having a championship when some teams have no control whatsoever over their own destiny.  That, my friend, is simply not a championship; at least not for the unincluded.

They should call it something other than the FBS championship.  Champion of big guys?

Well, expanding the amount of playoff teams is a bad idea imo. Maybe if they do away with conference championships.....maybe.

The teams that will play for the title this year will play 15 games. Don't you think that this is already excessive?

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ohio state has the worst loss, and the best win of the teams trying to get into the playoff. That pretty much sums up their season.

Unless you are already counting Alabama as in the playoff (I btw do not), I am going to have to do my best Bill Lumberg and go ahead and disagree. 29-0 against 3rd ranked LSU was pretty good, especially in light of the points they scored on Saturday.

But as I said above, imo OSU would be a very tough game for the Tide.

48 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Unless you are already counting Alabama as in the playoff (I btw do not), I am going to have to do my best Bill Lumberg and go ahead and disagree. 29-0 against 3rd ranked LSU was pretty good, especially in light of the points they scored on Saturday.

I was counting them in the playoff already along with ND

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well, expanding the amount of playoff teams is a bad idea imo. Maybe if they do away with conference championships.....maybe.

The teams that will play for the title this year will play 15 games. Don't you think that this is already excessive?

I'm not necessarily for expansion, just fairness.  Expand to 5 or 6 only in seasons with  team with a loss that ranks ahead of an undefeated.  Let the undefeated in.

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Bama is already in, its okay for people who don’t cheer for the team to state this

Edited by row_33

Fitzgerald is a good coach, he'll have a good game plan, and he gets to tell his players all week that the whole world outside their own practice facility is not asking IF the Wildcats will lose but whether they will lose by 50.  I'm confident the Bucks can roll if they play with the edge they showed last week (and only last week), but I'm concerned about the team taking anything for granted following an awesome game and celebration this past week.

Edited by Willyville Guy

10 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Fitzgerald is a good coach, he'll have a good game plan, and he gets to tell his players all week that the whole world outside their own practice facility is not asking IF the Wildcats will lose but whether they will lose by 50.  I'm confident the Bucks can roll if they play with the edge they showed last week (and only last week), but I'm concerned about the team taking anything for granted following an awesome game and celebration this past week.

I am terrified of this. Purdue and Iowa are still too raw. Only thing I take solace in is that post-Michigan the last two times we went to Indy, there was no let down. I just don’t know if I trust this team yet. 

zero point zero sympathy points for tOSU having to face Northwestern

give us a ***** break already

geez, even with the cushy schedule and running away from Michigan/tOSU/Sparty that JV side of the Big 10 can't put up a respectable winner....  :(

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

zero point zero sympathy points for tOSU having to face Northwestern

give us a ***** break already

geez, even with the cushy schedule and running away from Michigan/tOSU/Sparty that JV side of the Big 10 can't put up a respectable winner....  :(

Not looking for sympathy. This team has been unpredictable all year and have had a tendency to play to the level of their competition. Nothing against the Cats but they don’t carry the cache of some other big 10 teams and i worry that even subconsciously these players will not be as dialed in as they get vs the big boys. They are a 14 pt favorite last time i looked. In 2018 that has not been a great formula for them. I would rather they played a higher ranked team this week, because of who this team has been all year. It’s a real concern. For whatever reason it’s been hard to manufacture the juice when they face teams they don’t hate or feel threatened by in some way.

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not looking for sympathy. This team has been unpredictable all year and have had a tendency to play to the level of their competition. Nothing against the Cats but they don’t carry the cache of some other big 10 teams and i worry that even subconsciously these players will not be as dialed in as they get vs the big boys. They are a 14 pt favorite last time i looked. In 2018 that has not been a great formula for them. I would rather they played a higher ranked team this week, because of who this team has been all year. It’s a real concern. For whatever reason it’s been hard to manufacture the juice when they face teams they don’t hate or feel threatened by in some way.

tOSU has usually looked out of control on O, even in title contending seasons since 1973

there is no sin in thinking this an easy win for the Buckeyes, or had better be

false modesty is what tOSU and it's fan can convey heading into this, but nobody who cares about the game is going to forgive a NW win here...

49 minutes ago, row_33 said:

tOSU has usually looked out of control on O, even in title contending seasons since 1973

there is no sin in thinking this an easy win for the Buckeyes, or had better be

false modesty is what tOSU and it's fan can convey heading into this, but nobody who cares about the game is going to forgive a NW win here...

I wish it was but sadly, I am very worried about this game. Most years i wouldn’t be but anyone who has watched this team all year would look at this game with caution. 

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wish it was but sadly, I am very worried about this game. Most years i wouldn’t be but anyone who has watched this team all year would look at this game with caution. 

i'd worry more about easily beating NW and they let the Sooners in anyway

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s what I expect (Sooners in with a win, regardless of osu outcome)

i certainly hope not.....  ?

Sooners have been given too many auto-bids through the years....

the Sooners have about 1/3 the national interest since Switzer left

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i certainly hope not.....  ?

Sooners have been given too many auto-bids through the years....

the Sooners have about 1/3 the national interest since Switzer left

The committee seems to be obsessed with their offense and don’t care about their defense or that no one plays defense in the big 12. I just don’t see how osu will jump them. So what happens if osu and Oklahoma both lose. Who gets in? UCF?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The committee seems to be obsessed with their offense and don’t care about their defense or that no one plays defense in the big 12. I just don’t see how osu will jump them. So what happens if osu and Oklahoma both lose. Who gets in? UCF?

the committee is obsessed with worshiping their unique views on things

legends in their own mind

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. Oklahoma gave up 40 or more points 5 times ( including the last 4 games) and needed overtime to beat Army.  Now, OSU had some strange games too, but they gave up 40 or more only twice.

Imo, on paper these teams look somewhat similar but there is NO WAY that the Sooners play a schedule that comes close to comparing with that of OSU. 

I admit that I have often thought that OSU gets favoritism from the media because of their large fanbase. It doesn't seem that way this year. I don't understand the appeal of Oklahoma to the committee, the networks, or the advertisers.

The way it looks to me, the playoffs are (or should be) still possible for OSU but not unless the Tide beats Georgia. I don't see this as a given as so many others do. I am looking for a win but I am not certain it will happen.

Good luck to both of us!!!