GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Ill be very interested to see what changes are made on the coaching staff. Also, I said every week that this team looked out of sorts and undisciplined when it came to penalties. It was out of control. Is that related to the uncertainty amongst the coaches - I don’t know. I do know urban was not as involved this year in the weekly game plan because he didn’t  want to rock the boat when he came back from suspension. And his brain issue didn’t allow him to coach with the energy and intensity that defines him. I also think the coaches knew he was a lame duck and it impacted how things were done. All I know is things were different this year, it was evident, and I don’t know what the future holds with Ryan day. I hope he’s the next Lincoln Reilly. But part of what made urban great was his unique leadership tactics. Day will have a fine line between continuing what urban started and being himself.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I almost posted about this. But there’s no way... is there?

I think it’s 80/20 he goes, and the 20 is higher than I expected. I do think he’s upset about missing the playoff, and that he loves Day and wants to help. 

Edited by Willyville Guy

16 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I think it’s 80/20 he goes, and the 20 is higher than I expected. I do think he’s upset about missing the playoff, and that he loves Day and wants to help. 

I simultaneously think he would benefit from another year of experience in college, and that he should go now and would be picked high. He’s kind of like Trubisky where he only has one year but there aren’t a lot of QBs in the draft and that will push him up. But he’s better than trubisky. 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:19 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I simultaneously think he would benefit from another year of experience in college, and that he should go now and would be picked high. He’s kind of like Trubisky where he only has one year but there aren’t a lot of QBs in the draft and that will push him up. But he’s better than trubisky. 

I agree that Haskins should probably take a lesson from Cardale and enter the draft while his stock is high. 

Meanwhile, does OSU’s interest in Fields indicate that the coaches don’t like the way Tate is coming along? And if so, and if Fields goes elsewhere, could Baldwin be in the mix for 2019?

57 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I agree that Haskins should probably take a lesson from Cardale and enter the draft while his stock is high. 

Meanwhile, does OSU’s interest in Fields indicate that the coaches don’t like the way Tate is coming along? And if so, and if Fields goes elsewhere, could Baldwin be in the mix for 2019?

I think it’s more of Fields interest in osu at this point. He shares a QB coach with Haskins, Quincy Avery, who recently gave great accolades to Ryan day. Not to say that osu wouldn’t want fields, I’m sure they would. He was seriously considering osu before originally committing to penn state. I do think Baldwin is in the mix not so much because if anything Martell is or isn’t but because he was the 1st qb handpicked by Ryan day 

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yolo, I read an article on a Crimson Tide FB page that says Jalen Hurts is considering a transfer to Ohio State. It is supposedly a reputable source.

His name was brought up by Pete Thamel as well. The reason is they will have very little experience in the QB room if/when Haskins declares. And Day said he wants 4 QBs and if Haskins declares We would only have 2, maybe 3 if that grad transfer from WVU sticks around. They also mentioned Brandon Winbush (yikes i know) from ND but osu LOVED him in HS. And then there is Fields ... who doesn’t have experience but they would take his talent in a nanosecond. 

It seems to be that Hurts could go just about anywhere. FSU needs a QB too. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

His name was brought up by Pete Thamel as well. The reason is they will have very little experience in the QB room if/when Haskins declares. And Day said he wants 4 QBs and if Haskins declares We would only have 2, maybe 3 if that grad transfer from WVU sticks around. They also mentioned Devin Winbush (yikes i know) from ND but osu LOVED him in HS. And then there is Fields ... who doesn’t have experience but they would take his talent in a nanosecond. 

It seems to be that Hurts could go just about anywhere. FSU needs a QB too. 

Yeah, he is from Texas so I always had a hunch he would go there.