GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agreed. Oklahoma gave up 40 or more points 5 times ( including the last 4 games) and needed overtime to beat Army.  Now, OSU had some strange games too, but they gave up 40 or more only twice.

Imo, on paper these teams look somewhat similar but there is NO WAY that the Sooners play a schedule that comes close to comparing with that of OSU. 

I admit that I have often thought that OSU gets favoritism from the media because of their large fanbase. It doesn't seem that way this year. I don't understand the appeal of Oklahoma to the committee, the networks, or the advertisers.

The way it looks to me, the playoffs are (or should be) still possible for OSU but not unless the Tide beats Georgia. I don't see this as a given as so many others do. I am looking for a win but I am not certain it will happen.

Good luck to both of us!!!

I agree with pretty much all of this - except I think Bama goes to the playoffs even if they lose because at that point they’ll have the best win (LSU) AND the best loss (Georgia). 

As as for the Buckeyes, it’s hard for me not to think that on some level the committee is steering the process toward Oklahoma. However, the more likely scenario is that they see two great offenses and two shaky defenses - and they simply prefer the team that lost to Texas to one that got blown out by Purdue.  If that’s the case, similar to last year, I wish they would just say it rather than come up with these tortured rationalizations. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I agree with pretty much all of this - except I think Bama goes to the playoffs even if they lose because at that point they’ll have the best win (LSU) AND the best loss (Georgia). 

As as for the Buckeyes, it’s hard for me not to think that on some level the committee is steering the process toward Oklahoma. However, the more likely scenario is that they see two great offenses and two shaky defenses - and they simply prefer the team that lost to Texas to one that got blown out by Purdue.  If that’s the case, similar to last year, I wish they would just say it rather than come up with these tortured rationalizations. 

This is definitely it and I’m at peace with that.They didn’t really rebound well after the loss either, until last week, which i think is another factor. Dropping northwestern and keeping Texas at 9 is another way they are setting it up for Oklahoma to have the better resume. This time last week I would have preferred to go to the Rose Bowl. I think I would still be happy with that given this rollercoaster of a season. 

That said... Hook ‘em ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This week he is stating that Ohio State has better players and that’s why they won

That they are more like LSU or other southern teams, so it isn’t impressive with the better players winning the Big 10

I heard that bit. He’s right in some ways, but recruiting is part of the game itself and he discounts the crap weather they play in half the season in the Big 10. Cold, wind, snow, rain influences games 

in 2015 osu lost one game by 3 to the eventual big 10 champ in a monsoon and didn’t get in the playoff. Their team was loaded with nfl players and certainly could have won it all but they took crap Sparty who lost to Nebraska and had mid tier talent, all because they squeaked out a weather win. Still burns me. The committee never considers weather games. “Osu couldnt pass the ball that one week, their offense is inconsistent” Meanwhile it’s snowing and 20 mph winds. Send Georgia up here and see how they do. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I cant believe we have to wait until 8pm. 

I'm a little surprised by today's scheduling with both likely blowout games in prime time, the most likely competitive shootout as the early game, and a rematch of the National Championship squeezed in the middle

18 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm a little surprised by today's scheduling with both likely blowout games in prime time, the most likely competitive shootout as the early game, and a rematch of the National Championship squeezed in the middle

The Big 10 championship has always been played at 8pm for some reason ... i hate night games! I cant sleep after no matter what happens. Too wired. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ohio State pry needs a miracle by Pittsburgh to get in at this point.

Even if that occurred, I think they still take Clemson over osu. They would both have bad losses (they are a 4 TD favorite over  Pitt) but conf championships (should osu win tonight) only come in as tiebreakers when there is an actual tie, and nothing suggests to me that the committee sees those two teams as comparable. The committee does not think osu is a playoff worthy team but everything they have said and done so far. Is what it is. I hope for a big 10 title and Rose Bowl berth.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if that occurred, I think they still take Clemson over osu. 

Nah.  They'd lose to a five loss team in Pittsburgh and they had an easier schedule than OSU.  They only have two wins against ranked opponents (Syracuse and Texas A&M).  It's hard to put the ACC runner up in front of the Big 10 champion.