GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

It took until November but it finally looks like Wade will start at Safety over Pryor.  That should help even though I don’t think Pryor is that terrible. Bigger surprise is no changes at all on the OL even though the bench is stacked with young blue chip recruits. What does an underclassman have to do to play at Ohio State?

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

It took until November but it finally looks like Wade will start at Safety over Pryor.  That should help even though I don’t think Pryor is that terrible. Bigger surprise is no changes at all on the OL even though the bench is stacked with young blue chip recruits. What does an underclassman have to do to play at Ohio State?

I saw that and it was the first good news I’ve seen in weeks. Wade is a good player who should be on the field. I don’t know what the issue is with pryor but he’s worlds better than Jahsen Wint. 

I dont get why they insist on playing michael Jordan at Center. He was all big 10

as a G. We have other centers. He’s not a good Center. 

Isaiah prince better man the ***** up quick!! He’s regressed to the 2016 version of himself and it’s brutal.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Bad things started when Urban came back

As someone who isn’t a huge urban fan, I actually think the issue is that he was not there for a month. Not that he’s back. The most important month of the year, he was not there to lead the team. Some things slid. 

Since he came back, people who are close to the program have said,  he has tried to really stay back more than he ever so as not to shake things up. He let Day and Schiano do all the game planning. He didn’t even look at film of the opponent until Wednesday of game week. I think (hope) with the bye week that he got everyone’s ***** together and he’s back running the show. Doesn’t mean i want to see qb runs,  but I think he’s the leader they need. He didn’t forget how to coach overnight. 

His health issues are another story completely.

Edited by YoloinOhio

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw that and it was the first good news I’ve seen in weeks. Wade is a good player who should be on the field. I don’t know what the issue is with pryor but he’s worlds better than Jahsen Wint. 

I dont get why they insist on playing michael Jordan at Center. He was all big 10

as a G. We have other centers. He’s not a good Center. 

Isaiah prince better man the ***** up quick!! He’s regressed to the 2016 version of himself and it’s brutal.

As someone who isn’t a huge urban fan, I actually think the issue is that he was not there for a month. Not that he’s back. The most important month of the year, he was not there to lead the team. Some things slid. 

Since he came back, people who are close to the program have said,  he has tried to really stay back more than he ever so as not to shake things up. He let Day and Schiano do all the game planning. He didn’t even look at film of the opponent until Wednesday of game week. I think (hope) with the bye week that he got everyone’s ***** together and he’s back running the show. Doesn’t mean i want to see qb runs,  but I think he’s the leader they need. He didn’t forget how to coach overnight. 

His health issues are another story completely.

Let’s leave the health issue alone for now. 

The offensive scheme was a mess heading into the bye week. Urban insists on running the ball based on reads out of the shotgun, which only works if there’s a threat of a QB run. Haskins won’t run; he seems to have regressed in that regard. So defenses collapse the zone read knowing that the QB will never keep it. Seems to me that the better move is to put Haskins under center and hand the ball off with an extra blocker back there to protect the RBs, but Urban won’t do it. Won’t even practice it.  Ohio State is not a top ten team in my mind unless they sort out how to match a scheme with the incredible talent on the roster. 

7 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Let’s leave the health issue alone for now. 

The offensive scheme was a mess heading into the bye week. Urban insists on running the ball based on reads out of the shotgun, which only works if there’s a threat of a QB run. Haskins won’t run; he seems to have regressed in that regard. So defenses collapse the zone read knowing that the QB will never keep it. Seems to me that the better move is to put Haskins under center and hand the ball off with an extra blocker back there to protect the RBs, but Urban won’t do it. Won’t even practice it.  Ohio State is not a top ten team in my mind unless they sort out how to match a scheme with the incredible talent on the roster. 

He said he pulled the coordinators off their recruiting trips (so you KNOW it’s serious)  the monday after the Purdue game and they sat in a room for 12 hours to figure out how the run the ball. How hard can it be to figure this out? Was it 30 seconds and then they spent the other 11:59:30 convincing him to do it?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just beat TTUN. I don’t care about the playoff, this isn’t a playoff team. Beat Michigan, win the bowl game to end on a high note, bid adieu to schiano (i think he’s leaving anyway), let Grinch take over the D, win signing day, watch Dwayne get drafted in the 1st. and start over with Martell. Urban is just not comfortable with this type of QB.  sad!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just beat TTUN. I don’t care about the playoff, this isn’t a playoff team. Beat Michigan, win the bowl game to end on a high note, bid adieu to schiano (i think he’s leaving anyway), let Grinch take over the D, win signing day, watch Dwayne get drafted in the 1st. and start over with Martell. Urban is just not comfortable with this type of QB.  sad!

Haskins is not ready for the NFL.

19 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Agree - particularly with #2. Good to see some new numbers out there. There was a McCall sighting early on, and Tyreke Smith had good reps too. 

McCall came out of the witness protection program, but only briefly 

brendan White is a local kid who came here without a position. They’ve practiced him on offense and defense and he’s just been working to get on the field. Would love to see him play more even when fuller is back. He’s hungry (can’t say that about all of them)

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McCall came out of the witness protection program, but only briefly 

brendan White is a local kid who came here without a position. They’ve practiced him on offense and defense and he’s just been working to get on the field. Would love to see him play more even when fuller is back. He’s hungry (can’t say that about all of them)

White was hitting as hard as anyone today - he definitely earned more playing time. 

• Like (+1) 1