What is better, no guns, or more guns?

35 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nope it's nice out here in the country. Lots of good people. I never go to the city so why would I be in fear?

How so? This stuff doesn't happen out where I live and literally everyone owns guns. Most guys learn to shoot as kids and learn how to be responsible gun owners when they are adults.

In the city there are no fathers and lots of gangs. Why would anyone want to live there? Even the richest people have dirtbags walking down the street right in front of their house. Now that's bizarre 

I don't understand blaming all gun violence on gang activity.  Not to say gang violence is a huge issue.  I get it.  There are gangs in other countries as well.  This is an American issue.  Just blaming gangs is quite shortsighted.  And I assume fueled by BS narratives. 

From 2016 to 2020, the two U.S. counties to experience the most gun homicides per capita were rural:* (see Figure 1)

Phillips County, Arkansas: 55.45 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people

Lowndes County, Alabama: 48.36 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people**

From 2016 to 2020, 13 of the 20 U.S. counties with the most gun homicides per capita were rural: (see Figure 1)

80 percent of these 20 counties are in states that received an “F” grade for their weak gun laws, according to Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s 2021 annual state scorecard rankings.

In 2020, the total gun death rate for rural communities—when age-adjusted per 100,000 people—was 40 percent higher than it was for large metropolitan areas.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, LeviF said:

Well if anyone was curious, when you run the data in an honest way, and you start sorting by *REDACTED*, you get results that look like this:

WONDER2-1.png

Even including suicide this dataset has less than half the firearm death rate of the US at large over the same amount of time.

Meanwhile this next dataset, well:

WONDER7.8.thumb.PNG.5f90e11a0c865edbb8a77a6ad0778b9a.PNG

The rate here is is about 2/3rds HIGHER than the overall national rate.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, LeviF said:

Care to take a look and give us a quick analysis? The top dataset is white non-hispanic aged 0-17, inclusive. The bottom is black of any ethnicity aged 0-17, inclusive. Causes of death for all firearm codes 2018-2021. 

Also: Reminder for the imbeciles* here, “gun death” is not the same as “gun homicide” and if you’re using them interchangeably, you’re either stupid or a liar. Perhaps both. 

*code for blank slatist^

^code for ######

• Like (+1) 1

They wanted pics of deranged White and thus Trump voters.  

This is a sick culture of lunatics and trash.  Of all colors creeds races it don’t matter.   

And this is this losers takeaway:

Yea take my law abiding ***s guns.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Gang violence again ignored by Dems.  What a mess.  

The culture is gone.  Life isn’t valued.  Hasn’t been since Roe.  

Democrats distracting you with b.s. arguments about “assault weapons” when the weapon used the most in murders that happened daily and in some cities that will remain nameless sometimes in the dozens - they won’t tell you why that happens.  

Just focus on the “mass shooters.”  Much easier to get emotionally charged reactions devoid of critical thinking that way.   

“Why do you need a gun like that!!???”

I don’t know.  Why did these pieces of trash violently attack each other today?   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

...what does this even mean?  Any politician is going to latch on this because that's what they do.

You’re right, as posted above, the Left is giddy bashing the Missouri Governor.

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I don't understand blaming all gun violence on gang activity.  Not to say gang violence is a huge issue.  I get it.  There are gangs in other countries as well.  This is an American issue.  Just blaming gangs is quite shortsighted.  And I assume fueled by BS narratives. 

From 2016 to 2020, the two U.S. counties to experience the most gun homicides per capita were rural:* (see Figure 1)

Phillips County, Arkansas: 55.45 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people

Lowndes County, Alabama: 48.36 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people**

From 2016 to 2020, 13 of the 20 U.S. counties with the most gun homicides per capita were rural: (see Figure 1)

80 percent of these 20 counties are in states that received an “F” grade for their weak gun laws, according to Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s 2021 annual state scorecard rankings.

In 2020, the total gun death rate for rural communities—when age-adjusted per 100,000 people—was 40 percent higher than it was for large metropolitan areas.

You do know Phillips county and Lowndes County are both Democrat strongholds and majority black? As I have stated previously if your goal is to stop gun violence stop Dems from buying guns, they don't value life. 

Woke more correct than the mainstream moment courtesy of the Chicago mayor’s office, who has chosen to do away with the real-time gunshot tracking system in the city:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/02/13/mayor-johnson-to-end-shotspotter-deal-after-summer

Many of those concerns were reiterated by critics of ShotSpotter, who frame it as a costly surveillance tool that has led to overpolicing in minority communities. 

Why yes, responding to every gunshot in Chicago does result in a lot more police in minority communities. What a surprise. 

If they wanted a mass casualty event they would drive a car through the parade or use a bomb. This was just gang violence that normally goes on in lefty cities that never gets reported on the news. Bring everyone downtown and now there are people caught in the cross fire. Gang shootings probably happen every night in KC and we never hear about it until now.

49 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If they wanted a mass casualty event they would drive a car through the parade or use a bomb. This was just gang violence that normally goes on in lefty cities that never gets reported on the news. Bring everyone downtown and now there are people caught in the cross fire. Gang shootings probably happen every night in KC and we never hear about it until now.

Amazing way to live… 

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Amazing way to live… 

Yes I agree, let's do something about gang violence! These teenagers have no father so they run around in gangs to try and be a part of something that they are lacking at home.

Step 1, promote strong family values and incentivize families staying together rather than giving more money to single moms with multiple baby daddy's.

Step 2, incentivize education. You can drop out of school but if you do you will automatically be enrolled in the military.

Step 3, HARSH punishments for any gang related activity. If they broke up the mafia they can easily break up these gangs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes I agree, let's do something about gang violence! These teenagers have no father so they run around in gangs to try and be a part of something that they are lacking at home.

Step 1, promote strong family values and incentivize families staying together rather than giving more money to single moms with multiple baby daddy's.

Step 2, incentivize education. You can drop out of school but if you do you will automatically be enrolled in the military.

Step 3, HARSH punishments for any gang related activity. If they broke up the mafia they can easily break up these gangs.

What pisses me off is all these black athletes who grew up without a father but who got and stayed married because it's best for their kids, keeping silent.  Like LeBron James.  They don't say a thing because they don't want to be labelled an Uncle Tom or sellout.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

What pisses me off is all these black athletes who grew up without a father but who got and stayed married because it's best for their kids, keeping silent.  Like LeBron James.  They don't say a thing because they don't want to be labelled an Uncle Tom or sellout.  

All true but the idea a father is a necessary participant in raising children is abhorrent to the radial feminist sect.  The "girl power" cultural myth believers see women as stronger and more moral than men who will infect children with toxic masculinity.  So when advocating for the traditional family you're fighting against that crap. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

All true but the idea a father is a necessary participant in raising children is abhorrent to the radial feminist sect.  The "girl power" cultural myth believers see women as stronger and more moral than men who will infect children with toxic masculinity.  So when advocating for the traditional family you're fighting against that crap. 

I know.  But they're idiots.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I know.  But they're idiots.

Yep, if you come from a single parent household you are already at a huge disadvantage because there's only 1 or often 0 incomes to support the family so you are going to grow up poor or lower middle class which then influences your friend circle, education, overall outlook on life. They say you are typically as successful as your 5 closest friends so that influences your decisions in life.

Let alone no father means no discipline or someone to show you how to be a man and do the right things in life. My wife loves my "toxic" masculinity like when I provide and protect her and even the small chivalrous things that my dad taught me like opening doors and being a gentleman. We need more men and less of these sissy boys that they have today.

• Agree 2

ANATOMY OF A SHOOTING

“We do have three persons detained and under investigation for today’s incident,” Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves told reporters Wednesday. According to Graves, “bad actors” had caused the shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs’ rally, and unidentified “officials” said they did not believe the motive was terrorism. (Word starting to dribble out today that the shooting may have been “a personal matter,” which is a euphemism for “gang-related.”)

Fox News identified no suspects or possible motive, and provided no information on the firearms used in the attack.

The report included a statement from Joe Biden, who said:

It is time to act. That’s where I stand. And I ask the country to stand with me. To make your voice heard in Congress so we finally act to ban assault weapons, to limit high-capacity magazines, strengthen background checks, keep guns out of the hands of those who have no business owning them or handling them.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/anatomy-of-a-shooting.php

• Like (+1) 2

So I know the Commies aren’t sure what to do here……it’s ok……I know you all spent the first 20 minutes after the gangs attacked each other calling for us to “do something!”  To which they themselves have no good answers because they’re dumb.  

Anyway….. this “something” wasn’t an option:

• Like (+1) 2