What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Ukrainians would’ve been swept under by now if they weren’t being helped by multiple countries

Militias are not going to receive help

Bad comparison

Well why wouldn’t they receive help if a foreign country invaded us? You’re assuming the militias want to overthrow our government. Also, for all our advanced weapons we didn’t exactly win in Afghanistan.  I’m sure your response will be well lot of good those militias guns will do going against nukes as if our president would nuke our own country lol

36 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well why wouldn’t they receive help if a foreign country invaded us? You’re assuming the militias want to overthrow our government. Also, for all our advanced weapons we didn’t exactly win in Afghanistan.  I’m sure your response will be well lot of good those militias guns will do going against nukes as if our president would nuke our own country lol

I think there is a little bit of a misconception on what I was trying to say

If the militia fought its own government, they wouldn’t receive help

If you’re following the rhetoric that is being said, by these malicious, they talk about fighting their own government

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think there is a little bit of a misconception on what I was trying to say

If the militia fought its own government, they wouldn’t receive help

If you’re following the rhetoric that is being said, by these malicious, they talk about fighting their own government

just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean you take away their rights. 

Gun grabbers always go with the emotional but non statistical argument.

Then only pay attention and amplify it, if some rich or white people are killed.

They dont give a crap about the majority of gun crime, or the victims of it.

As their policies to fix it only make it worse

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Gun grabbers always go with the emotional but non statistical argument.

Then only pay attention and amplify it, if some rich or white people are killed.

They dont give a crap about the majority of gun crime, or the victims of it.

As their policies to fix it only make it worse

The brave Tommy is still hiding in another thread.

Tommy claims he wants stats. After I give them to him, he'll change his tactics again.

tommy.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Brian - is that you?

You sure have a burning narrative to tell Levi.

Brian seems like a smart guy wish him the best. 

And yes, life is hard when hate facts are posted. Maybe you should take a bit of an internet break and explore that CDC data I gave you a tutorial on a while back. Maybe you’ll tone down the anti-white rhetoric when you realize where the problems here actually lie. 

hahahaha who am I kidding?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeviF said:

Brian seems like a smart guy wish him the best. 

And yes, life is hard when hate facts are posted. Maybe you should take a bit of an internet break and explore that CDC data I gave you a tutorial on a while back. Maybe you’ll tone down the anti-white rhetoric when you realize where the problems here actually lie. 

hahahaha who am I kidding?

So you can’t source this data either - ignorance is fn bliss 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

are you saying facts are getting in the way of your narrative?

What is the narrative?

What exactly are you freaks suggesting be done?

Make it FN easier for people to get guns?

You fn idiots 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - the FBI does NOT put out charts like that you idiot.

If they had GOOGLE image would have found it.

You are not bright 

Not anymore they don't. Thanks, Obama. 

Literally - Obama killed a significant amount of the funding for the study of crime at the federal level. I wonder why.

No, that image is not put out by the FBI. It's made by calculating rates per 100,000 based on 2020 census numbers and 2021 NIBRS homicide data. Both public datasets available for your review.

Math is hard, let me know if you need some extra time after class.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Not anymore they don't. Thanks, Obama. 

Literally - Obama killed a significant amount of the funding for the study of crime at the federal level. I wonder why.

No, that image is not put out by the FBI. It's made by calculating rates per 100,000 based on 2020 census numbers and 2021 NIBRS homicide data. Both public datasets available for your review.

Math is hard, let me know if you need some extra time after class.

JFC - your true colors always shine man.

1) Obama hasn’t been POTUS in seven years. 

2) If Obama cut spending on the study of crime (which is a hoax) - why the F didn’t Jesus Trump put it back in the budget?

3) There are NO sources associated with your chart that you stole from some idiot on Twitter.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

2) If Obama cut spending on the study of crime (which is a hoax) - why the F didn’t Jesus Trump put it back in the budget?

3) There are NO sources associated with your chart that you stole from some idiot on Twitter.

Actually I stole it from here: https://datahazard.substack.com/p/american-murder

And my complaints about Trump are well documented. I think I summarized his approach to criminal justice issues as “Kardashian admin,” a reference to his penchant for pardoning criminals because Kim Kardashian took them up as a cause. 

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Do you disagree with the stats? If you think logically the stats make sense. Why are you so upset about the stats? It’s just facts right?

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I notice you ignored the chart I posted that directly addresses the title of this thread.

It's not surprising. 

I ignored it because I’ve already addressed your r*tard*d chart multiple times to point out the actual problem with the US regarding gun deaths, once in this very thread. 

On 5/1/2023 at 9:40 AM, LeviF said:

BS?

hatefacts1.thumb.JPG.9a75254167aaa9f07c9756802c3ad3cd.JPG

Gun homicide death rate for white, non-hispanic is 2.1 per 100,000. On par with the rates for Nebraska, Colorado, and Connecticut. Still much larger than the say the European Union as a whole, but with more guns than people in the USA. Does the presence of guns mean more deaths? Absolutely. Is the bulk of the gap between the US and other high income countries attributable to guns only? Clearly not.

Consider these two statements and how you literally can't do the second without considering the implications of the first.

What will deter people from joining gangs if they can't comprehend the consequences of their actions to begin with?

On 4/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, LeviF said:

Well if anyone was curious, when you run the data in an honest way, and you start sorting by *REDACTED*, you get results that look like this:

WONDER2-1.png

Even including suicide this dataset has less than half the firearm death rate of the US at large over the same amount of time.

Meanwhile this next dataset, well:

WONDER7.8.thumb.PNG.5f90e11a0c865edbb8a77a6ad0778b9a.PNG

The rate here is is about 2/3rds HIGHER than the overall national rate.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Dems promote this by only making gun laws that affect owners. 

Shoot.  In my.  Even if she was armed , no castle doctrine 

Yeah let’s make sure guns stay in the hands of normal and stable people who shoot 8 year olds in the head while they’re looking at Christmas lights

https://www.wivb.com/news/national/oklahoma-8-year-old-shot-in-head-while-looking-at-christmas-lights-mom-says/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yeah let’s make sure guns stay in the hands of normal and stable people who shoot 8 year olds in the head while they’re looking at Christmas lights

https://www.wivb.com/news/national/oklahoma-8-year-old-shot-in-head-while-looking-at-christmas-lights-mom-says/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

why try to deflect to an outlier.  And nothing to do with my comment.  

IF that lady was armed, it's the great equalizer.

problem is that's about impossible in NY.

and the castle doctrine is so effed one has to try to escape their home before defending it or its occupants.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

38 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

why try to deflect to an outlier.  And nothing to do with my comment.  

IF that lady was armed, it's the great equalizer.

problem is that's about impossible in NY.

and the castle doctrine is so effed one has to try to escape their home before defending it or its occupants.

Your “point” is an outlier. My opinion is that most Americans are too stupid/unstable to own guns. Hell, most are too stupid/unstable to drive a car. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Your “point” is an outlier. My opinion is that most Americans are too stupid/unstable to own guns. Hell, most are too stupid/unstable to drive a car. 

What do you think the average IQ is in the US? What’s the cutoff for being too stupid to drive a car or own a gun? Triple digits? 85? 115? 

8 minutes ago, LeviF said:

What do you think the average IQ is in the US? What’s the cutoff for being too stupid to drive a car or own a gun? Triple digits? 85? 115? 

Let’s start with not shooting small children because you’re a paranoid #######, is that a decent bar?

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Let’s start with not shooting small children because you’re a paranoid #######, is that a decent bar?

Well most Americans can step over that bar, so by your own assessment I’d say no. 

The Gun Debate is Increasingly Academic. 

“The best part about the gun debate is that it’s increasingly just academic. Our victory is assured.

Put aside Bruen, or Heller, or McDonald, or any of the other gun rights victories in courts. Put aside the massive increases in gun ownership, in every demographic.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/cohen-the-gun-debate-is-increasingly-academic/

6 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Dems promote this by only making gun laws that affect owners. 

Shoot.  In my.  Even if she was armed , no castle doctrine 

Odd choice.

Staten Island is controlled by Republicans.

It’s Almost as if Giffords’ Standard for ‘Gun Safety’ Has Nothing to Do With Actually Keeping People Safe

By Dan Zimmerman

How do you clowns seriously argue that a state like Idaho, with its 2022 homicide rate of 2.0 per 100,000 people, less than half of what California has, is “failing at protecting [its] communities”? Seems like it is doing a pretty damn good job at keeping people safe overall.

It kinda seems like your standard for “safety” is “do what we say”, not the actual results. That’s why you give violent hellholes like Illinois and Maryland high grades despite their horrid results. They didn’t actually solve anything, but they pass what you demand!

— Kostas Moros

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/its-almost-as-if-giffords-standard-for-gun-safety-has-nothing-to-do-with-actually-keeping-people-safe/

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Roundybout said:

If that is the entire bar then simply not allowing Dems to own guns would solve it quickly, since basically everyone that has gun down children indiscriminately was a liberal