What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Residents taunt and throw objects at police during standoff:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-onlookers-taunt-police-during-philadelphia-standoff-reports?fbclid=IwAR0ZujATAZz27_WcLs1q9yrdJ96R_dPvt1ZBp8n4rg0prbCv3ZONCOG-Rio

Onlookers were seen taunting and throwing things at Philadelphia police Wednesday night amid a wild shootout and subsequent standoff that saw six cops wounded, and video posted online shows one woman shoving a police officer making his way to the scene.

Philadelphia’s KYW-TV reporter Alexandria Hoff described on Twitter Wednesday night how a crowd of people bordering the blocked off active shooter scene allegedly harassed officers.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Not cold pills you moron, but pseudoephedrine pills.   One would figure that a Harvard student would know what the active ingredient can be used for.

Idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is a great thread.  Read the whole thing.

Yeah, I know that when I was representing parents in Family Court regularly, that whole one half of one percent that were Child Welfare cases really kept my paychecks rolling in.

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: Michigan Court of Appeals Has Reversed the Felony Assault Convictions of a Gun Owner Who Acted in Self-Defense.

Related: A Michigan Court Case Shows the Right of Armed Self-Defense Is Broader Than You Might Think. 

“It justifies the brandishing of a gun as pre-emptive measure to block the use of unlawful force. . . .

Police officers, for example, sometimes point a weapon at an individual as a means of preventing unlawful force even when they don’t have the legal right to fire a shot. . . .

A contrary rule places civilians in an untenable position. They could not even pull their weapon until the threat of death is actively upon them. They would be forced to maintain maximum vulnerability right up until the point of maximum danger — a legal position that would be most threatening to people of slight physical stature who lack alternative effective means of self-defense.”

JON CALDERA: I want to give away one of my guns to a first timer.

I’ll say it for the millionth time — politics is the lagging indicator of culture. And the anti-gun left knows how to influence culture through government-run education, Hollywood and the media.

There was a time when schools had shooting clubs. Now they are not just gun-free zones, but political tools for gun control. Just ask my high-school-aged daughter after being bullied to tears for her pro-gun stance.

We could be just a generation away from losing our guns.

I have an idea and I hope you will follow my lead. I want to see it turn into a movement.

If you weren’t raised with guns, getting into your first gun can be very intimidating. We need to make it easy and enjoyable. We gunnies all know that one friend, co-worker or family member that should be a gun owner, but yet isn’t.

Let’s give, yes give, that person one of our guns. Let’s help them learn to shoot it properly. Help them go through the process I went through.

A good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

IT ISN’T A PURCHASE IF THE SELLER DOESN’T AGREE TO IT: 

Among Democrats, ‘Mandatory Gun Buyback’ Plan Gains Traction.

“Mandatory buy-back” is newspeak for “confiscation with a little sweetener.”

The funny thing about gun "buybacks" is that people tend to sell "back" broken weapons that are no more dangerous than scrap metal.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The funny thing about gun "buybacks" is that people tend to sell "back" broken weapons that are no more dangerous than scrap metal.

Or worse, some poor old widower finds her husbands collection if historic guns and sells a mint original m1 garand for pennies on the dollar.

6 hours ago, bdutton said:

Or worse, some poor old widower finds her husbands collection if historic guns and sells a mint original m1 garand for pennies on the dollar.

Or worse....

criminals turn in guns they've stolen from law abiding citizens because they heard about the gun buy back.... 

Ten teenagers were injured Friday night during a shooting at a high school football game in Mobile, Alabama, according to local police.

According to Mobile Police Chief Lawrence L. Battiste IV, two people were detained for questioning. Saturday morning, police arrested Deangelo Parnell, 17, and charged him with nine counts of attempted murder, according to local news outlet WKRG.

Local news outlet WPMI reported that all victims were listed in police reports as injured. According to the Associated Press, at least six of the injured had been shot, and one appears to have had a seizure after the shooting began. 

Five victims are in critical condition, but their injuries are not life-threatening, according to Steven Millhouse, a spokesperson for the Mobile Fire-Rescue Department. The victims range in age from 15 to 18, according to Battiste.

The shooting took place during a game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium between Lillie B. Williamson High School and John L. LeFlore Magnet High School. Officers were on duty when the shooting began. 

“We treat this like an active shooter scenario,” Battiste said, according to NBC News. “Our guys, when they heard shots rang out, they moved to the area.”

What we know

• Ten people were injured during a shooting at a high school football game in Mobile, Alabama, Friday night.
  • Deangelo Parnell, 17, has been arrested and charged with nine counts of attempted murder.
  • At least six of the victims were shot. 
  • One of the wounded is believed to have sustained their injuries from a seizure that was triggered after the shooting began.
  • The victims’ range in age from 15 to 18. 
  • Five of the victims were in critical condition; none of the victims are believed to have life-threatening injuries.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/31/20841994/high-school-football-game-shooting-mobile-alabama-ladd-peebles-stadium

13 hours ago, bdutton said:

Yep. Happens every weekend in Chicago. 

It's true, historically poor, disadvantage and historically discriminated against people are much more likely to be slaughtered by guns 

https://everytownresearch.org/gun-violence-america/

It's the inner city gangsta culture mostly endorsed by people of color who have little to no respect for human life. If it wasn't a gun it would be a knife. Until we start calling a spade a spade and recognizing that a gun doesn't pull its own trigger things will just continue on the same way. The very first step in solving a problem is knowing what the problem is.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, Tiberius said:

It's true, historically poor, disadvantage and historically discriminated against people are much more likely to be slaughtered by guns

Let me get this straight. Because black people are ‘historically discriminated against’ their natural reaction is to shoot other black people? Sure...that makes perfect sense! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight. Because black people are ‘historically discriminated against’ their natural reaction is to shoot other black people? Sure...that makes perfect sense! 

i believe every human being has the capacity to use their mind and live a decent life

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh yes, slavery, racial segregation, and lack of economic opportunity hurts social development. Racism has played a huge role in shaping the black communities, no doubt 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i believe every human being has the capacity to use their mind and live a decent life

It takes a village 

Just now, row_33 said:

That’s crazy talk! Everyone knows we desperately need an omnipresent central government to make up our minds and provide for the decency of our lives.

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s crazy talk! Everyone knows we desperately need an omnipresent central government to make up our minds and provide for the decency of our lives.

Dems held them in slavery and Jim Crow and continue prime racism by not believing there is any other choice but murder

On 7/19/2014 at 2:34 PM, Bob in Mich said:

It could be very tough to distinguish between a hunter/sportsman and 'everyone else' Agree completely

However it is not nearly as difficult to distinguish a rifle designed for hunting from one designed for combat and offensive purposes. So I don't think the legislation is so impossible

Exactly, gun people just try and cloud the issues so that people who don't like guns gets confused and throw their hands up.