Cordy Glenn not participating to start camp

The blatant disregard many posters have shown for HIPAA in this thread and the Chris Hairston thread makes me uneasy.

Wrong. HIPAA only applies to healthcare workers discussing patients in their care. Random laypersons discussing another persons health problems is not a violation of HIPAA. That said, we do not know how EMoulds is involved in Cordy's healthcare, considering he is the only one with concrete information here.

Edited by kas23

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. HIPAA only applies to healthcare workers discussing patients in their care. Random laypersons discussing another persons health problems is not a violation of HIPAA. That said, we do not know how EMoulds is involved in Cordy's healthcare, considering he is the only one with concrete information here.

1. Regardless of technicalities of HIPAA, it should be Glenn's decision to make this public or not.

2. We can speculate here, but if these rumors are founded, they're likely either originating from healthcare workers, someone within the BIlls organization, or some "friends" or family. The first two would be in violation of HIPAA, the third would just be a scumbag.

1. Regardless of technicalities of HIPAA, it should be Glenn's decision to make this public or not.

2. We can speculate here, but if these rumors are founded, they're likely either originating from healthcare workers, someone within the BIlls organization, or some "friends" or family. The first two would be in violation of HIPAA, the third would just be a scumbag.

1) it's not a "technicality". It's a federal law and the law is very clear and delineated. "Many poster" violating HIPAA, as the post above says, are simply not violating HIPAA. Are people violating his privacy? Perhaps, but that is up to Cordy to decide.

2) We don't know this. Perhaps this information originated from Cordy himself. In that case, no HIPAA violation occurred. Nevertheless, the point still stands, "many posters" here, as clearly written in the post above, are not showing a "blatant disregard for HIPAA". There is only one single poster here whose motivations are questionable. The rest are just people being people on the internet.

Edited by kas23

1) it's not a "technicality". It's a federal law and the law is very clear and delineated. "Many poster" violating HIPAA, as the post above says, are simply not violating HIPAA. Are people violating his privacy? Perhaps, but that is up to Cordy to decide.

2) We don't know this. Perhaps this information originated from Cordy himself. In that case, no HIPAA violation occurred. Nevertheless, the point still stands, "many posters" here, as clearly written in the post above, are not showing a "blatant disregard for HIPAA". There is only one single poster here whose motivations are questionable. The rest are just people being people on the internet.

I mentioned in my post that it's fine for us to speculate, however, the people who are disregarding HIPAA are the ones who are complaining that the knowledge isn't being made public. They're not breaking the law, but there are people saying it shouldn't apply simply because he's a public figure, which is a stupid case to make.

I do think it's bull **** if someone with actual knowledge of the injury (unless it is Glenn himself, which is highly unlikely) would post it here.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I didn't say that posters were violating it. I said they were showing blatant disregard for a federal law by demanding that the team release information "because the fans deserve it." Would I like to know what's going on with him? Sure, this is rather concerning as a fan. But I also know that a federal mandate exists and the man has a right to his medical privacy under that law. So let it be.

I know how HIPAA works, I have worked in Healthcare facilities, and my mother, wife and mother in law do as well. My point was that posters here seem to be upset that the team/its medical staff won't (in the case of Glenn) or didn't (in the case of Hairston/Easley/Donald Jones) "tell us what the problem is."

Your employer (the Bills) or your doctor (the Bills med staff) has no right to discuss your health with the general public (the fans). HIPAA applies in this case, and posters who demand information are wrong.

Edited by JM57

I think them placing Henderson as the "starting" LT says a lot. Someone mentioned earlier (apologies to that poster), that it may be a sign Glenn is fine and they merely want to see what Henderson has. I pray this the case. Hope Glenn is okay and gets better soon. He has been one of my favorite under the radar players over the past two seasons.

I hope we don't have some facility issue like Tampa Bay had with MRSA

That was my first and strongest thought . Honestly . i did not want to suggest it though .

How many unidentified illnesses have the Bills had over the last 3- 4 years ? Look at Donald Jones . He's all messed up too.

Never mind i just read kirbys post. i too am feeling relieved .

sheesh .

after the Alonso thing i was in a tail spin of emotions !!!

By the way ,

TY Mr Krby.

again . : )

I think them placing Henderson as the "starting" LT says a lot. Someone mentioned earlier (apologies to that poster), that it may be a sign Glenn is fine and they merely want to see what Henderson has. I pray this the case. Hope Glenn is okay and gets better soon. He has been one of my favorite under the radar players over the past two seasons.

This is where i stand currently. Give Seantrel reps till he throws up . Respect the starters.

Only thing about that for me will be getting the starting O line sorted as soon as possible before letting the rooks and such get the most reps at full speed .

But i guess thats the balance in camp that Marrone decides . not me.

i still have my suspicions about Coach Doug as an O line guy . They need to make better decisions than were done last year

Edited by 3rdand12

Well i started the apologies cuz I felt I was a little harsh to begin with.......

The Glenn situation is a sensitive one for me to begin with.......he is so vital to this teams success......

On the other hand....it is really encouraging that they thought enough of Seantral to immediate put him with the ones at the start of camp regardless of the Glenn situation......it means they see something

I mentioned in my post that it's fine for us to speculate, however, the people who are disregarding HIPAA are the ones who are complaining that the knowledge isn't being made public. They're not breaking the law, but there are people saying it shouldn't apply simply because he's a public figure, which is a stupid case to make.

I agree there. While the public can certainly openly speculate, they don't have the *right* to know.

On the other hand....it is really encouraging that they thought enough of Seantral to immediate put him with the ones at the start of camp regardless of the Glenn situation......it means they see something

or they just don't have anyone else. The only other real option would be Hairston.

or they just don't have anyone else. The only other real option would be Hairston.

So, I wish I knew if we were super deep and talented, or if the cupboard was almost completely bare. I suppose time will tell.

This is where i stand currently. Give Seantrel reps till he throws up . Respect the starters.

Only thing about that for me will be getting the starting O line sorted as soon as possible before letting the rooks and such get the most reps at full speed .

But i guess thats the balance in camp that Marrone decides . not me.

i still have my suspicions about Coach Doug as an O line guy . They need to make better decisions than were done last year

Yes, let's see if Henderson is our steal of the draft.

Injury (and the occasional illness) come with the territory. But this is just unfair. Let us hope the the next dozen injuries come to practice squad bubble guys - and let it come over the next dozen years. Hey, I'm a Bill fan.... I am almost by definition delusional. (And frequently wrong.) I can't blame Whaley at this point. It's a non-football matter and he's probably almost as in the dark as we are. The doctors have to figure it out. Then we'll learn more.

Bottom line is Cordy's health. Let's all hope the young man lives a long and healthy life (while playing in a lot of playoff and Pro Bowl games).

I like and can relate to this post.

I also would like to point out that this is a very big part of the reason that I (and I think many others) was against the Watkins trade. We have already lost one of our top 3 players imo, and maybe two (btw Mario would round out my top 3), and the preseason has not even started. Will Kiko ever be 100%? Thankfully medicine has advanced, but Spikes went from hall of fame level to average. If Glenn is very sick, how do we replace one of the best draft selections the Bills ever made?

If the injuries mount and the Bills tank, how good will Watkins have to be for this to be a beneficial deal for our beloved franchise? And what will become of those who made this trade?

Just something to think about.