#3: Tuel, or Dixon?

Thad.

I hope tuel wins the backup job. Highest upside.

You really love Tuel, huh?

I hope that Tuel is the #3 guy. He showed signs last year & moved the ball against a good defense.

I still like Thad; he can do more. He's a gamer and what I want in a backup. He actually reminds me A LOT of Fitz. If he has to play for 3-4 games I don't think that you are doomed.

Dixon. As much as I like Tuel. Dixon has more expierence and is a little more dangerous with the ball

Dixon seems like a bit of an enigma to me. He has gotten very little press. I've never seen him play. The four games he has played in for the Steelers, his numbers were not bad. But, if you look at the path his career has taken, one might wonder if he might not be a decent QB who just never got his chance? So far, he has been signed with the Steelers for four seasons, the Ravens for one (both teams that are completely settled at QB), and last season, he was briefly with Philly in the preseason, who went with Vick, Foles, and Barkley.

Of course, at 29, he's hardly "project" material. But, unlike others on these boards, I have not been at all impressed with Tuel.

You really love Tuel, huh?

I hope that Tuel is the #3 guy. He showed signs last year & moved the ball against a good defense.

I still like Thad; he can do more. He's a gamer and what I want in a backup. He actually reminds me A LOT of Fitz. If he has to play for 3-4 games I don't think that you are doomed.

Haha. Maybe it's too much wishful thinking that we found the next Brady....

I guess what I like about tuel is his presence in the pocket. Probably why I am not as high on Thad is for the same reason.

That said, I think both guys will improve a lot this year given all their playing time last year.

Tuel looked straight awful in the action he saw last year, no way Dixon could be worse

He went 20-28 for over 200 yards in his first start against the number one defense. Cut the kid a break

Really, who cares? If either sees the field we are in big trouble.

Also a good point

BTW congrats on the Marriage Buddy!

Dixon. Tuel will be the practice squad guy again.

And Tuel was on the practice squad never...

Tuel has a legitimate shot at #2 so I am going to say Thad is #3.