#3: Tuel, or Dixon?

my choice is for EJ to never get hurt so we don't have to dress 3 QB's so it won't matter who is #3 :)

That would be ideal, yes. He's proven to be kind of delicate though so we'll see.

And Tuel was on the practice squad never...

Tuel has a legitimate shot at #2 so I am going to say Thad is #3.

But, according to Chris Brown, he is practice squad eligible this year, still. So he could end up there. I don't know if Dixon is or not.

But, according to Chris Brown, he is practice squad eligible this year, still. So he could end up there. I don't know if Dixon is or not.

I understand he is eligible but at no point has he been on the practice squad. When he said "again" that implies he's been there before. Whaley and Marrone both like Tuel and my argument for Tuel as the backup is strictly reps. If they like the kid, they need to develop him. How many times now have we seen back up QBs be worth more than we ever thought on the open market after having a few decent games? It's a good plan to develop Tuel no matter what the future holds. It could mean he starts for us if EJ busts, plays great if EJ gets hurt, or gets traded for a draft pick if another team likes what they see.

Personally, I suspect that Thad Lewis is as safe in his #2 spot on the roster as EJ is in his #1. (Although, I know at least a few posters will argue that.) So, who will (or should) be our #3? Jeff Tuel, or Dennis Dixon?

Not according to Chris Brown. Tuel is in the running for the #2 spot. Says Tuel came back this year noticeably stronger and is making some of the best throws so far.

He went 20-28 for over 200 yards in his first start against the number one defense. Cut the kid a break

Also a good point

BTW congrats on the Marriage Buddy!

I think you have me confused with someone else, or I'm completely missing something.

I've never understood the high regard for Dixon. IIRC he had one marginally decent game 5 years ago and hasn't done anything noteworthy since. At least Tuel is a young unknown who might improve. Dixon's almost 30.

Bills over compensating for the Famous Kolb Incident. Thats why Dixon. I like the PS idea for Tuel except not sure the Bills do. It was said way back when. They thought he would get picked up .

Anyone think they go with 3 and Dixon or Lewis are gone ?

I pick Dixon to be gone. Hewas /is? just insurance against insurance against EJ getting hurt , then Thad getting hurt then EJ getting hurt etc etc

Edited by 3rdand12

That would be ideal, yes. He's proven to be kind of delicate though so we'll see.

I disagree with your comment that EJ Manuel has proven to be kind of delicate. The only thing he proved to me is that he needs to know when to get the hell out of bounds.

I disagree with your comment that EJ Manuel has proven to be kind of delicate. The only thing he proved to me is that he needs to know when to get the hell out of bounds.

Three knee injuries in one season may not prove it-- but it certainly raises the possibility.

Tuel. It will be interesting to see how much he's improved come preseason and if there is any merit to the report that he could challenge for the 2 spot.

Tuel should b #3 n hopefully pushing for the #2, that would show he is progressing. However I think Thad has the #2 spot locked this year. Thad can compete he just needs to hold onto that ball a little better!

Dixon, Meh he is almost 30! Dont see him sticking around n the PS could be better used.

Not according to Chris Brown. Tuel is in the running for the #2 spot. Says Tuel came back this year noticeably stronger and is making some of the best throws so far.

Well, Chris Brown certainly knows more than me. But, I did read his assessment, and it is just speculation on his part-- unless there is another article, or post I don't know about.

So, perhaps Lewis isn't as safe as EJ. But, I still suspect that he will be the #2.

Tuel at #2 all the way baby!

I liked what I saw at KC.....the big INT was curios.....weakish looking arm concerns me, college injuries too....but I thought he saw the field and distributed the ball very well for his first start.

I think he has the mind and the vision. He's NFL size and stronger this year. He's fast too....

I want to see more.

I think he is a very viable prospect.

I can't wait till the hall of fame game.