I am drinking the Whaley Kool aid and it is gooood!

I am loving me some Doug Whaley! Do you realize we just need a couple of very probable 'If's' and we might have the best OL in football with the additions we have made by the end of the year? The DL is really good to Great depending on if Dareus can pull his head out. LB's are very good, DB's are good, WR corp just become damn good to possibly great. RB' position now is damn good to possibly great as a whole.

Drink some Coffee, wake up and see Whaley in 3 days really upgraded this roster and honestly folks....we now have only 1 possible excuse not to make the playoffs and that is injuries which any team can have derail them.

My brother the Vikings Fan and my Cousin the Redskins fan yesterday at my daughters graduation party (where she got engaged too BTW) Both told me they can see Buffalo not only making the playoffs, but beating the Pats for the division title. Why not? We have played them tough the last couple years, WTF can't we now just beat their asses instead of giving up large leads to them and take the AFCE title?

I'll call it right now, this team if healthy wins the AFCE. Anyone else on board with this?

I am loving me some Doug Whaley! Do you realize we just need a couple of very probable 'If's' and we might have the best OL in football with the additions we have made by the end of the year? The DL is really good to Great depending on if Dareus can pull his head out. LB's are very good, DB's are good, WR corp just become damn good to possibly great. RB' position now is damn good to possibly great as a whole.

Drink some Coffee, wake up and see Whaley in 3 days really upgraded this roster and honestly folks....we now have only 1 possible excuse not to make the playoffs and that is injuries which any team can have derail them.

My brother the Vikings Fan and my Cousin the Redskins fan yesterday at my daughters graduation party (where she got engaged too BTW) Both told me they can see Buffalo not only making the playoffs, but beating the Pats for the division title. Why not? We have played them tough the last couple years, WTF can't we now just beat their asses instead of giving up large leads to them and take the AFCE title?

I'll call it right now, this team if healthy wins the AFCE. Anyone else on board with this?

What did you do with the real Kellyto83TD? :lol: J/K While I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm not ready to go that far. Lots of things have to fall in place for the Bills to make the Playoffs this season. Going to enjoy the ride regardless of the outcome.

everyone thinks ej is injury prone but in reality when a db comes full bore shoulder to the knee what else is going to happen? it also seems like that one injury never fully healed either and thus the off season surgery.

in other words he isn't necessarily fragile but learning to be more caustious / protective is not a bad idea.

I can't get enough of this kool aid! Though it was a gamble of a draft in terms of what assets in players and picks were given up and the health (physical in the case of two and mental in the case of one) of the three OL picks, if the picks pan out this will have been the draft that put the Bills into annual contention. As a Bills fan, who could rightfully complain about that? And now, on to you EJ. You are the lynchpin.

I agree completely.

Man, you are not drinking the Whaley Kool Aid. You are making it and chugging it! You may even be using a funnel too! I love your optimism and hope you are spot on. I'm going to wait and see some preseason action and then try to assess. I'm still trying to digest all of the picks and trades that the Bills did the last 3 days. :thumbsup:

I think even if the Bills do sustain a few injuries they are in good shape to have descent backups step up and fill the gap. That hasn't always been that way. Long story short, if EJ can play half way descent, we can ride the Defense and Running game into the playoffs. If he sucks it's another 6 win season.

I think even if the Bills do sustain a few injuries they are in good shape to have descent backups step up and fill the gap. That hasn't always been that way. Long story short, if EJ can play half way descent, we can ride the Defense and Running game into the playoffs. If he sucks it's another 6 win season.

EJ, are you one of those dudes who refers to himself in the third person? Because RTDB thinks that's weird.

I am generally a homer here but I think beyond injuries, there are two big questions:

- We still have some real questions about the coaching staff - especially w/o the one guy (Pettine) I knew would be good last year. Marrone often looked like he was in over his head (I'll cut him some slack in his rookie season as an NFL HC) and I was less than thrilled with a lot of Hackett's decisions.

- I like EJ and think he will be good but it's too soon to say for sure that he's good.

Edited by BobChalmers

I drink the Kool aid after every draft too and then have to have my stomach pumped during the regular season. I've become overly pessimistic about the draft, but if Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs, the team will likely be moved elsewhere. It's make or break time and I'll keep drinking the purple stuff until I die, or get my stomach pumped again.

I drink the Kool aid after every draft too and then have to have my stomach pumped during the regular season. I've become overly pessimistic about the draft, but if Buffalo doesn't make the playoffs, the team will likely be moved elsewhere. It's make or break time and I'll keep drinking the purple stuff until I die, or get my stomach pumped again.

I laughed at that line (stomach pumped). C'mon, you have to admit this team looks better after free agency and the draft. This has been fun and they didn't over pay for some free agency move. I love these moves like Mike Williams (a gamble but worth it), and others.

This is going to be a fun year. I believe for the first time in awhile we could really go 10-6. For the family of the original thread, I'd be happy if we split the Patriots, and sweep the Jets and Fins. We'll need to pull off a very good AFC east record as the NFC North and AFC West will be tough. I think we can beat the Chiefs, Raiders, Vikings, and possibly split the Chargers, and Lions.

Awful draft, Whaley just kept this team bad for another 5 years. Here is the honest assessment.

Buffalo Bills: C- Grade

Goals Entering the 2014 NFL Draft: It appears as though the Bills have three prospects in mind at No. 9: Jake Matthews, Mike Evans and Eric Ebron. They'll almost certainly nab one of them, and they'll focus on the other two positions in later rounds. Buffalo has also met with a ton of cornerbacks and running backs, so the front office will probably address those two areas.

2014 NFL Draft Accomplishments: If the Bills were the Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, etc., moving up for Sammy Watkins would have been a great move. Those teams are in win-now mode (especially Denver and New England), so giving up a valuable future resource to obtain a great play-maker like Watkins would have made a ton of sense.

The Bills are not those teams. They are not one or two pieces away from a Super Bowl. They're still in a rebuilding process, so sacrificing a 2015 first-round pick will have disastrous ramifications going forward. Buffalo will likely be drafting in the top 12 next year, so it'll miss out on a second potential blue-chip player.

Buffalo didn't make up for this blunder with its other selections. Cyrus Kouandjio looked completely helpless against the Oklahoma pass-rushers in his bowl performance, and on top of that, he has medical concerns that knocked him out of the first round. Preston Brown was a reach in the third, while Ross Cockrell doesn't really fill any sort of immediate need (and it's not like he was the best player available). Also, essentially trading Stevie Johnson for Bryce Brown is kind of stupid.

The Bills had one of the worst drafts this year - and they won't have a strong class next year either because of their missing picks.

Awful draft, Whaley just kept this team bad for another 5 years. Here is the honest assessment.

Buffalo Bills: C- Grade

Goals Entering the 2014 NFL Draft: It appears as though the Bills have three prospects in mind at No. 9: Jake Matthews, Mike Evans and Eric Ebron. They'll almost certainly nab one of them, and they'll focus on the other two positions in later rounds. Buffalo has also met with a ton of cornerbacks and running backs, so the front office will probably address those two areas.

2014 NFL Draft Accomplishments: If the Bills were the Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, etc., moving up for Sammy Watkins would have been a great move. Those teams are in win-now mode (especially Denver and New England), so giving up a valuable future resource to obtain a great play-maker like Watkins would have made a ton of sense.

The Bills are not those teams. They are not one or two pieces away from a Super Bowl. They're still in a rebuilding process, so sacrificing a 2015 first-round pick will have disastrous ramifications going forward. Buffalo will likely be drafting in the top 12 next year, so it'll miss out on a second potential blue-chip player.

Buffalo didn't make up for this blunder with its other selections. Cyrus Kouandjio looked completely helpless against the Oklahoma pass-rushers in his bowl performance, and on top of that, he has medical concerns that knocked him out of the first round. Preston Brown was a reach in the third, while Ross Cockrell doesn't really fill any sort of immediate need (and it's not like he was the best player available). Also, essentially trading Stevie Johnson for Bryce Brown is kind of stupid.

The Bills had one of the worst drafts this year - and they won't have a strong class next year either because of their missing picks.

Draft grades at this point are a total waste. I think they filled the spots they really needed to in both FA and the draft. No on really know until a few seasons down the road but at this point, I think we are sitting good talent wise. I do wish they would go after a veteran backup QB. (should of grabbed Vick)

Draft grades at this point are a total waste. I think they filled the spots they really needed to in both FA and the draft. No on really know until a few seasons down the road but at this point, I think we are sitting good talent wise. I do wish they would go after a veteran backup QB. (should of grabbed Vick)

They got 1 starter, and actually traded 1 starter, You need a minumim of 2 immediate starters every year, and you really need 3. They did sign Spikes,. Bills got no better,and when you are not getting better, you are worse, Pathetic draft for the Bills, Whaley should be fired now before he digs a deeper hole.

They got 1 starter, and actually traded 1 starter, You need a minumim of 2 immediate starters every year, and you really need 3. They did sign Spikes,. Bills got no better,and when you are not getting better, you are worse, Pathetic draft for the Bills, Whaley should be fired now before he digs a deeper hole.

Watkins and Kouandjio are both going to start in all likelihood, and I'd wager Richardson starts before the end of the year.

It's fine if you don't like the draft class, but you're overstating your point I think.

So to break it down, according to the analysis we would have been complimented had we come out of the first round with Ebron/Matthews/Evans instead of freaking Sammy Watkins?

And who is it that decides which teams are in the "win now" mode? Would you have classified Carolina at this time last year? Or KC?

What were you serving at that graduation party?

And congrats to your daughter, now that was a home run day for her!

I finally had to put the moron 'Security' on Ignore. Going to send a mod a request to sit him for awhile. Its clear he is nothing but a troll.

That said another theme is emerging, either you are going to bust your ass and not be a problem child or you are off this team. Buy all in or you are all out. I bet Dareus gets a talking to by Marrone, Whaley and Brandon. No one's job is safe and honestly it shouldnt be. CJ spiller better perform this year or he will find himself out in FA And regardless of talent...RB's aren't paid huge money anymore.

I do not understand why. I am not trolling at all. Kouandjio was injured and just did not perorm well. How is that trolling? You people make no sense at all. Cockrell will get cut IMO. He was ranked like 215 and we took him at 109, over 100 picks earlier than his talent.

Those are facts, Nothing made up.

Edited by Security

I do not understand why. I am not trolling at all. Kouandjio was injured and just did not perorm well. How is that trolling? You people make no sense at all. Cockrell will get cut IMO. He was ranked like 215 and we took him at 109, over 100 picks earlier than his talent.

Those are facts, Nothing made up.

Everyone understands your facts. Time to move along to something else. Posting the same thing in multiple threads isn't necessary. If you feel the need to carry on a deeper conversation with someone try PM.

Everyone understands your facts. Time to move along to something else. Posting the same thing in multiple threads isn't necessary. If you feel the need to carry on a deeper conversation with someone try PM.

I am on topic within each thread, Tell everyone to stop making threads about the same things then, I am doing nothing wrong.

What were you serving at that graduation party?

And congrats to your daughter, now that was a home run day for her!

Thanks man. And we were serving.... Kool Aid of course :-)

He doesnt post facts, he twists partial facts to support his trolling

Thanks man. And we were serving.... Kool Aid of course :-)

He doesnt post facts, he twists partial facts to support his trolling

Beerball, I have to defend myself when people blatanty lie, Cockrell was not in anyone's top 200 players, That is not a partial fact, it is a fact,

Kouandjio was hurt, that is a fact, It is also a fact that did nto play well in some big games like Oklahoma where he was manhandled and severely outmatched.

I would ban people for accusing people of trolling when real facts are presented, Heaccuses me of trolling andf blatantly lies.

Beerball, I have to defend myself when people blatanty lie, Cockrell was not in anyone's top 200 players, That is not a partial fact, it is a fact,

Kouandjio was hurt, that is a fact, It is also a fact that did nto play well in some big games like Oklahoma where he was manhandled and severely outmatched.

I would ban people for accusing people of trolling when real facts are presented, Heaccuses me of trolling andf blatantly lies.

First Google result...

Cockrell #142

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/1/24/5339316/2014-nfl-draft-top-200-big-board

Will you be banning yourself or would you prefer a mod do it for you?

Cockrell was rated the 4th best corner going in to day 3 on one site I saw and I think we took him as the 3rd corner to be selected on the day. Hardly a huge reach.

Kouandjio has a long standing knee complaint, that much is true, and his play was up and down - that much is also true. But you talk about where players featured on boards in relation to Cockrell - well Kouandjio was a first round pick on a lot of the draftnicks boards right up to Thursday night. So you are picking and choosing which argument to use depending on the pick.

And for the record I don't love either pick, there were guys in both of those positions that I'd have rather taken at that spot, but then I'm not a GM with access to the amount of coaches film and scouting reports that Whaley had. I value his opinion more highly than my own.

Kouandjio was hurt three years ago. Never missed a practice or game in two full years.

nfl.com had Cockrell in round 3-4

http://www.nfl.com/d...rell?id=2543799

Another NFL.com said Cockrell will go "early day three"

http://www.nfl.com/n...ayers-nfl-teams

Draftgeek had him top 108.

cbssports and draft scout, which is one of the best if not the best had him 24th CB and 171 (so in top 200)

http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=CB

Gil Brandt liked him.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Kouandjio was hurt three years ago. Never missed a practice or game in two full years.

nfl.com had Cockrell in round 3-4

http://www.nfl.com/d...rell?id=2543799

Another NFL.com said Cockrell will go "early day three"

http://www.nfl.com/n...ayers-nfl-teams

Draftgeek had him top 108.

cbssports and draft scout, which is one of the best if not the best had him 24th CB and 171 (so in top 200)

http://www.nfldrafts...=2014&genpos=CB

Gil Brandt liked him.

This speaks well to KWON-joe's heart, mindset, and "football character (hello, no saint).

Well worth the pick, which will be the steal of the draft if he stays healthy. Can't wait to see what a year in a professional training, nutrition, and medical environment does for him. Not taking anything away from Alabama's "professional" environment when I say that.

GO BILLS!!!