7th round flyers

Who are your last shots?

Qb? punter? Is there a oversized guy with quick reflexes sticking shelves at your local wegmans?

Which player or position do you think?

I think one of the qbs to challenge tuel and if the pick loses he could end up on the practice squad (or cut with no harm), and the best DE or OLB left on the board... Maybe a punter even.

Edited by NoSaint

I didn't want to draft a QB but one of those guys in the 7th is probably better than Tuel.

All players in the 7th you're taking flyers on. The old Bills used to take guys that I often referred to as "The Ryan Neufeld Syndrome," which are players that are decent at most everything but good at nothing, and therefore, good for nothing in the NFL. As a TE, for example, you need to be either a very good receiver, a very good blocker, or very athletic and fast. If you're pretty decent blocker, pretty decent receiver and pretty athletic for your size, you suck as an NFL TE. We had a dozen of those guys.

In the seventh round, you should always take a flyer on a guy who has great potential on at least one very important NFL quality.

I think of this as the Michael Jasper Memorial Pick -- take a shot on someone who may or may not be worth it. I'd like to see them bring in that O-lineman from McGill.

QB Casey Pachall 6'5" 235 TCU - good arm, decision making would have been a top prospect if he didn't go to rehab

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Cornell qb even? Id be lying if I claimed to know much but clearly smart, they say big hands, used to upstate ny and a guy that could land on the practice squad. Probably a bit less upside than some but might be a safe backup prospect long term. (I clearly dislike tuel).

Carrying Thad and ej with someone on the practice squad for 3 (tuel not eligible) would be a nice way to steal a roster spot too

Cornell qb even? Id be lying if I claimed to know much but clearly smart, they say big hands, used to upstate ny and a guy that could land on the practice squad. Probably a bit less upside than some but might be a safe backup prospect long term. (I clearly dislike tuel).

Carrying Thad and ej with someone on the practice squad for 3 (tuel not eligible) would be a nice way to steal a roster spot too

Probably can get him undrafted, my guy too

I didn't want to draft a QB but one of those guys in the 7th is probably better than Tuel.

All players in the 7th you're taking flyers on. The old Bills used to take guys that I often referred to as "The Ryan Neufeld Syndrome," which are players that are decent at most everything but good at nothing, and therefore, good for nothing in the NFL. As a TE, for example, you need to be either a very good receiver, a very good blocker, or very athletic and fast. If you're pretty decent blocker, pretty decent receiver and pretty athletic for your size, you suck as an NFL TE. We had a dozen of those guys.

In the seventh round, you should always take a flyer on a guy who has great potential on at least one very important NFL quality.

Very funny!

But true.

I would prefer if we didn't go kicker or QB. I actually like our backup QB situation with Thad and Tuel. And we are set kicker.

Now is the time to draft a legit challenger and heir apparent to Moorman. We can use a 6th or 7th to get the top-rated punter.

Speaking of kickers....Whaley has been wheeling and dealing....can we trade Hopkins for a pick?

Who are your last shots?

Qb? punter? Is there a oversized guy with quick reflexes sticking shelves at your local wegmans?

I think one of the SEC qbs to challenge tuel and if the pick loses he could end up on the practice squad (or cut with no harm), and the best DE or OLB left on the board... Maybe a punter even.

Colt Lyeria and Tajh Boyd

The guy is a head case.

And that is the understatement of the day... He's bonkers...

Who are your last shots?

I think one of the qbs to challenge tuel and if the pick loses he could end up on the practice squad (or cut with no harm), and the best DE or OLB left on the board... Maybe a punter even.

I would not be surprised at all if they took a Punter with their last pick...My favorite, O'Donnell from Miami just went at #191...

Speaking of kickers....Whaley has been wheeling and dealing....can we trade Hopkins for a pick?

That's an interesting situation... I think Hopkins is going to end up being a REAL good NFL Kicker...

Edited by KOKBILLS

I am of the thinking that you take talent late in the draft and with UDFA. Some of the guys may have concerns whether it be injury or character related. There is no reason to ever take Lee Smith/Chris Hogan/Colin Brown type players.

I do want a punter with one of the picks. Whoever is the best guy available (I know bandit likes the guy from Memphis) just get him. It is a necessity and the weakest position left on the team.

I would then look to someone like Lyerla that is a boom or bust. If he works out great and if not no big deal.

I am of the thinking that you take talent late in the draft and with UDFA. Some of the guys may have concerns whether it be injury or character related. There is no reason to ever take Lee Smith/Chris Hogan/Colin Brown type players.

I do want a punter with one of the picks. Whoever is the best guy available (I know bandit likes the guy from Memphis) just get him. It is a necessity and the weakest position left on the team.

I would then look to someone like Lyerla that is a boom or bust. If he works out great and if not no big deal.

Hornsey is an interesting Punter...He's probably got the most room for improvement considering he has only been Punting since 2009...I'd be AOK with Hornsey or Van Der Kamp at this point...

I just think Lyerla is going to have major problems in a Locker Room full of grown men who can pummel him if he opens his mouth...He's nuts...And an idiot... B-)

Jeffcoat is a name jumping out on the board still - Texas DE.

Westbrooks at DE might fit the mold of someone with big upside but huge question marks on the character side put him juco and D2

From his CBS profile:

The Oakland, Ca. native signed with the Buffs after a successful JUCO stop at Sacramento City College, where he was named the 2011 MVP of the Mid-Empire Conference. Westbrooks thoroughly dominated the D-II level in his first season, registering 60 tackles, including an unbelievable 29.5 tackles for loss and 19.5 sacks, the most QB-takedowns at any amateur level in 2012. Among the accolades Westbrooks won for his efforts was the Ron Lenz Daktronics Division II National Defensive Player of the Year and Super Region Four Defensive Player of the Year.With opponents keying in on him, Westbrooks numbers dropped significantly in 2013 (43/19.5/seven), though he again showed his ability to dominate at the East-West Shrine Game, earning Defensive MVP honors during the game, itself, with two sacks and two more tackles for loss.

They also note that he too aggressively gets after the qb (normally a weakness, but what Schwartz asks lineman to do instead of blitzing) and that he has a pretty sweet facial tattoo

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah KOK, Lyerla may be too much of an idiot. There are character issues and then there are just bad people. He seems to fall in the latter.

I don't think hes a bad person. He makes bad choices and is his own worst enemy. Most people are, but Colt is so self destructive. But his talent immense. He is probably the best TE in the draft. And maybe in the right team atmosphere the light turns on

I don't think hes a bad person. He makes bad choices and is his own worst enemy. Most people are, but Colt is so self destructive. But his talent immense. He is probably the best TE in the draft. And maybe in the right team atmosphere the light turns on

Scouts nicknamed him "ankle bracelet." ;)

I would spend a 7th round pick on him for sure.