RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

Why are people bitching about the 2015 draft, lets worry about the 2014 season. Sammy Watkins is the #1 offense player in the draft, is probably a future Pro Bowler and makes EJ a better QB. When the Bills go 10-6 all the whiners will grow silent.

If this draft is so deep, then our second is like a normal year's low 1st rounder. So it was either give them our 2014 second round pick or our 2015 1st round pick. Hopefully this translates into the playoffs. They are living for the now. I love it!

A little rain on the parade: Sammy is represented by Eugene Parker.

don't care about the agent, i care about the person/player. the agent executes the wishes of that guy, not the other way around. byrd wanted to go elswhere and peters was a dooosh...that is all.

don't care about the agent, i care about the person/player. the agent executes the wishes of that guy, not the other way around. byrd wanted to go elswhere and peters was a dooosh...that is all.

Agreed. Plus, if this team is a winner, the job of retaining talent becomes easier. Byrd very well could have wanted to stay if he hadn't been endlessly frustrated by all the change here.

Bill - i have reservations about the cost, but you can't knock the player selected. He's the best offensive player in a loaded draft. This is not donte whitner.

He'll get on board once he sees the kid play a bit.

He's a bruising, fast, high twitch, workaholic, humble WR. I am shocked they pulled the trigger but LOVE the player.

He is definitely spectacular. He's also expensive and spectacular.

Guys knocking watkins as a TALENT (not as an expensive buy) really should watch him. He's spectacular. Best offensive prospect in the draft.

2 1's and a 4. Stiff but not deadly

It’s really only a 1 and 4. They just swapped 9 for 4.

And for all those that wonder what happens if EJ doesn’t work out, they still have a 2nd round pick. They can grab a QB there.

Edited by purple haze

I hate what we gave up, hate that Cleveland got such a good deal (though they shouldn't have selected gilbert), but love Sammy. Overall I'm not exactly thrilled with the king's ransom.

I hope we take offensive line the rest of the draft. EJ is !@#$ED without a new RT and LG.

It remains to be seen what happens next.

Better picks in next years draft then in this years, and who knows what will happen this fall. This FO is showing so much confidence in what they are doing it almost gives me hope.

Agreed. Plus, if this team is a winner, the job of retaining talent becomes easier. Byrd very well could have wanted to stay if he hadn't been endlessly frustrated by all the change here.

hell yeah, let's make a playoff push and then see who wants to go and who wants to stay.

It remains to be seen what happens next.

Better picks in next years draft then in this years, and who knows what will happen this fall. This FO is showing so much confidence in what they are doing it almost gives me hope.

It's funny, where have I heard this before?

Why are people bitching about the 2015 draft, lets worry about the 2014 season. Sammy Watkins is the #1 offense player in the draft, is probably a future Pro Bowler and makes EJ a better QB. When the Bills go 10-6 all the whiners will grow silent.

I would think Whaley is a genius if we are 9-7 next season. I wanted OL in rd 1 and 3 this draft

Pittsburgh doesn't trade up

New England doesn't trade up

Except, you know, when they do.

Like in 2012, when NE traded up twice in the first round:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/04/27/patriots_trade_picks_get_jones_hightower/

or in 2006, when PITT traded up for Santonio Holmes:

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_448709.html#axzz31BANkNoM

2 firsts and a 4th. He better be Jerry Fricken' Rice or we just got B'slapped.

Using more picks on one player raises the bar. Is Watkins is 3 picks worth of player?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 firsts and a 4th. He better be Jerry Fricken' Rice or we just got B'slapped.

You mean one 1st and a 4th? Unless you would consider the Bills getting the fourth overall pick straight up for the ninth overall pick as giving up a 1st round pick.