RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

No, not really. That aside, I'm happy that they did not give up any other 14 picks.

Now, while I fully support this trade, if Watkins can live up to a #1 WR billing, what kind of delusional world do you live in where a #1 next year is not a #1 pick that was given up? Is this the "new" math I have been hearing about?

I don't understand how next year's 1st round pick keeps being transmuted into being "like a 2nd round pick".

Unless every other team has traded away next year's 1st round pick and due to some unusual coincidence every team somehow misplaces them. In this case I would assume that the first round would be skipped and they start in the second round. That would make next year's 1st round pick like a 2nd round pick......wait this makes absolutely no sense either.

2nd try: No one at any position in the 1st 32 picks next year would benefit our team at all because they will suck so bad, so I will be ever so happy that the Bills won't have one of those losers on the team next year.

I hope the bills turn out to be smarter than I think they are.

Nailed it...... I think...... Nevermind

When you get a chance, the article is linked here on the front page at twobillsdrive.

Just tell that nagging part of you, "Yes. Really!"

GO BILLS!!!

Don't see the link, would really appreciate a repost.

His skills dwarf Williams. Anyone who compares the two is selling you something.

Really? Name for me the things that Sammy Watkins does that Mike Williams cannot. Please. This is a sincere request. I've been looking over Mike Williams tape, and I have been nothing but impressed. I don't mind a 1-2 punch, but I still don't see a clear #1.

Don't see the link, would really appreciate a repost.

Really? Name for me the things that Sammy Watkins does that Mike Williams cannot. Please. This is a sincere request. I've been looking over Mike Williams tape, and I have been nothing but impressed. I don't mind a 1-2 punch, but I still don't see a clear #1.

He blocks better than Williams, he runs better routes, he has a faster first step and arguably better hands. He's also internally motivated which Williams has not shown in his career so far.

Even if they don't, Seattle and San Fran. didn't have a clear #1 and most people think they were the 2 best teams.

Haven't looked at all 400+ posts to see if this has been posted yet, but it is pretty surprising to me:

Q: What was the biggest difference between him and the next receiver on your board?

DW: I wouldn’t say there was that much. Obviously there is a difference and that is why we coveted Sammy. Not to give any particulars, there wasn’t that much of a difference.

To give up a # 1 and # 4 next year for a guy that "wasn't much difference" compared to the next WR is surprising. You'd think Whaley would have promoted Watkins as being head and shoulders above the next WR (pun intended).

[/size]

TBD has really filled up with new articles so this was easy to miss.

http://www.buffalone...atkins-20140508

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you. It was a little dry, but I'm sure it will be fleshed out as time goes on.

The more I see, the more I suspect that this year is playoffs or bust considering our ownership situation.

GO BILLS!!!

Haven't looked at all 400+ posts to see if this has been posted yet, but it is pretty surprising to me:

Q: What was the biggest difference between him and the next receiver on your board?

DW: I wouldn’t say there was that much. Obviously there is a difference and that is why we coveted Sammy. Not to give any particulars, there wasn’t that much of a difference.

To give up a # 1 and # 4 next year for a guy that "wasn't much difference" compared to the next WR is surprising. You'd think Whaley would have promoted Watkins as being head and shoulders above the next WR (pun intended).

Why? What purpose does it serve dw to trash (future free agents) other prospects just to assuage those fans here who feel they gave up too much? Its unnecessary and bad for business.

Next WR went before #9, so the question you have to ask is how much better he is than the #3 guy, and was the trade worth that difference