RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

You mean one 1st and a 4th? Unless you would consider the Bills getting the fourth overall pick straight up for the ninth overall pick as giving up a 1st round pick.

No, I would consider it giving up two first round picks (2014 & 2015) and and fourth round pick for one first round pick.

It's costly. I dare anyone to contest that. The hope is that Watkins is so epic that is worth it. We will see. Especially with a WR group which now looks overwhelmed.

No, I would consider it giving up two first round picks (2014 & 2015) and and fourth round pick for one first round pick.

It's costly. I dare anyone to contest that. The hope is that Watkins is so epic that is worth it. We will see. Especially with a WR group which now looks overwhelmed.

So the net compensation is a single first round pick and a 4th round pick given up. Also, the chart value for the trade is just about dead on.

Robert Woods@robertwoods 1h

Let's go @sammywatkins !!! Work time!! #BillsMafia

Cj Spiller@CJSPILLER 1h

WOW that pipeline of Clemson boys run deep in buffalo

Cj Spiller@CJSPILLER 28m

Man I would hate to be coach Hackett with all the talent we have on offense boy boy sleepless nights for him n nightmares for all 16 DC

2 firsts and a 4th. He better be Jerry Fricken' Rice or we just got B'slapped.

To repeat, it's one 1st and a 4th in next year's draft.

High price, but worth it if he produces.

it is definitely costly, but foolish? only time will tell, but i like it. it's on par with "kiko see ball, kiko get ball".

It remains to be seen what happens next.

Better picks in next years draft then in this years, and who knows what will happen this fall. This FO is showing so much confidence in what they are doing it almost gives me hope.

Link?

I don't understand anyone who says this was a bad trade. What, because having a first round pick every year for the past 10 years has translated into a winning team?

If Manuel and Watkins pan out nobody will care. If one, or both, don't, it won't be good.

No one remembers the guy the Falcons gave up to get Julio Jones.

Guys (plural)...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/falcons-trade-up-for-julio-jones-in-draft-shocker-with-browns

"The Falcons really coveted a receiver in the first round because they were eager to move up from the 27th spot. It was a blockbuster deal. In exchange for getting the sixth pick, Atlanta gave the Browns five -- five! -- draft picks: their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012."

Great move. Great trade. Great player.

People, this offense is now ridiculous. Watkins, Stevie, Woodsy, Goodwin, Spiller, FredEx, AND Williams?? Someone will be open every play. Now, get a rt in round 2 or a te and we are talking top five offenses in the league.

(All dependent upon EJ, but that's what you're supposed to do as an organization: support your guy).