RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

No clue why people are comparing Watkins to Spiller. Watkins is a physical WR who doesn't shy away from contact. The guy breaks tackles and uses his hands off the line of scrimmage to beat the press. He's not huge but he's not small - he's 6'1". How does he compare to Spiller exactly? Because he's fast? That's the depth of analysis here?

If the draft yield a 50% hit rate! the more chances you get the better off your team will be. We have used a ton of picks on WRs in recent years.

I prefer to think we just traded a bust for a star

I'm going to have to learn to love him in Buffalo. Watching his highlight reel does nothing for me.

Hope like heck he's a good 'un.

If it makes you feel better Beerball the scouts graded him out between AJ Green and Julio Jones coming out. That is pretty good company. His floor is probably Stevie Johnson's career and his ceiling is Larry Fitzgerald. In addition, you will LOVE the way that he plays. He is a physical old school football player.

HOW AND THE HECK IS THIS A GOOD DEAL ?????

WE GOT FLEECED:

Draft Value Chart:

2014 #4 - 1800 POINTS

2014 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 4TH - 100 POINTS

total - 2800 POINTS

you could add Megatron to this team and we wouldn't improve by more than 1 game.

team gave up the 4th most sacks and we draft a WR and give away next years #1....brilliant

At the very least I'd bet next February will be a choice between Stevie and Williams.

I don't know. Stevie, Watkins, Williams, Woods, Goodwin. Pretty big logjam going into the season. Smart money is on Stevie being moved this weekend. Sorry to see him go, but numbers don't look good for him.

WE GOT FLEECED:

Draft Value Chart:

2014 #4 - 1800 POINTS

2014 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 4TH - 100 POINTS

total - 2800 POINTS

you could add Megatron to this team and we wouldn't improve by more than 1 game.

team gave up the 4th most sacks and we draft a WR and give away next years #1....brilliant

Because you don't understand the chart, even if you trust a 25 year old value chart

WE GOT FLEECED:

Draft Value Chart:

2014 #4 - 1800 POINTS

2014 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 #9 - 1350 POINTS

2015 4TH - 100 POINTS

total - 2800 POINTS

Why do you keep posting this? That's not how the trade chart works nor is that the correct point values for the picks. A 2015 first is NOT equivalent in point value to a 2014 one. A 2015 1st is roughly equivalent to a 2014 2nd round pick. Go post your misinformation elsewhere.

Edited by Fingon

Watkins, Williams, Woods and Johnson. EJ has zero excuse to preform poorly this year. Tuel can find one of these guys open.

Other than getting sacked in 0.8 seconds. As long as he doesn't get hurt I guess it's ok.

Gotta love the way he doesn't fall to the ground after contact. We have so many guys who drop to the turf when a defender simply looks at them.

That's the same thing that struck me.

While I was watching that video I was listening to GR and Whaley was talking about how he plays bigger than his size. I think this kid could be the true #1 WR we've been lacking for some time.

It's not what I expected but I do like this move!

Edited by Campy

Draft Value Chart # 4 is 1800 , # 9 is 1350 , difference of 450 pts . 2nd rd pick at 9 is 490 points. Cleveland made out like a bandit on this trade. Whaley gave away the farm on this deal.

http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

Guess what? A 2014 2nd is equivalent in points to a 2015 1st. You shouldn't use the chart if you don't know what you are doing.