Bucs willing to trade Mike Glennon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way the Bucs are going about this. Spent a mid rounder on a guy, he wasn't great, wasn't bad, but at QB they want to be great so they're not gong to wait on Glennon. They'll continue to seek a great QB, because you're going no where without one. I wish the Bills showed the same urgency at the QB position.

And I will add I think Glennon showed more promise than EJ. Bucs looking to upgrade the position, Bills dead set on not drafting a QB high. Much prefer the Bucs philosophy.

I like the way the Bucs are going about this. Spent a mid rounder on a guy, he wasn't great, wasn't bad, but at QB they want to be great so they're not gong to wait on Glennon. They'll continue to seek a great QB, because you're going no where without one. I wish the Bills showed the same urgency at the QB position.

And I will add I think Glennon showed more promise than EJ. Bucs looking to upgrade the position, Bills dead set on not drafting a QB high. Much prefer the Bucs philosophy.

To counter that:

Lovie knows how valuable a good QB is. He is one Rex Grossman from having a super bowl ring. If he though Glennon had any shot of being good, he'd keep him

To counter that:

Lovie knows how valuable a good QB is. He is one Rex Grossman from having a super bowl ring. If he though Glennon had any shot of being good, he'd keep him

To counter both - it's a new coach and they often want their own guy to live/die with regardless of what's there (unless it's someone very established). Changing schemes, changing expectations, changing faces.... The move, if it happens, only really tells us so much.

To make any judgements on a QB one way or another after one season is dumb. In their history, the Bucs gave up on Steve Young and Doug Williams, 2 SB winning Qbs too early.

Glennon was definitely better than I thought. But he also has a major thing EJ didn't have: a 6'5" top 10 receiver. VJax is a beast and makes any Qb better. Glennon's 2 touchdown game against the Bills might have been the worst 2 td game in the history of the NFL.

To make any judgements on a QB one way or another after one season is dumb. In their history, the Bucs gave up on Steve Young and Doug Williams, 2 SB winning Qbs too early.

Glennon was definitely better than I thought. But he also has a major thing EJ didn't have: a 6'5" top 10 receiver. VJax is a beast and makes any Qb better. Glennon's 2 touchdown game against the Bills might have been the worst 2 td game in the history of the NFL.

Yet, he still looked more polished and effective than EJ in games that I saw.

i feel like i just read this:

"youd be dumb to judge them on one season"

"well i am judging them on less than that"

Edited by NoSaint

That's fair. I think the upside of EJ is considerably higher but he needs to stay healthy. Missing half of your first NFL training camp and a month later in the season hurt EJ, whereas Glennon didn't.

And having a 6'5" beast at wr is such an advantage for a young (or any) Qb. It's the main reason I want Mike Evans (and also the reason I think Johnny Football is overrated).

i feel like i just read this:

"youd be dumb to judge them on one season"

"well i am judging them on less than that"

Haha

Would Glennon be a significant upgrade over Lewis, Dixon, and/or Tuel?

Absolutely! Glennon was not perfect, but all you had to do was watch him to see he can be "pretty good"....he actually reminds me a lot of a young Brady. Tall in the pocket, great arm, and has some command...IS he Brady? Well no, but if you look at them in their Rookie seasons, there are some similarities. I'll go out on a limb, and say if a team like Minnesota were to deal for Glennon, say a 3rd or 4th Rounder, where Glennon is surrounded by a good Defense and a STUD of a RB, he could be successful and have a good career there in Minnesota and potentially end up at a few Pro-Bowls at the height of his career....I know, people are going to char me for that one, but keep in mind what this kid DID do given what was around him and the type of coach he had in Schiano...kid can play.

Give EJ his own Vincent Jackson in the form of Mike Evans and then see who looks better.

Agreed and a full training camp. The Bucs aren't getting anything for Glennon so they should just keep him.

Would Glennon be a significant upgrade over Lewis, Dixon, and/or Tuel?

I guess I'm i nthe minority but I think Lewis is a good backup QB. That said, I'll all for adding a guy like Aaron Murray in the 3rd or later as a developmental guy.