Bucs willing to trade Mike Glennon

Glennon stinks, he is a statue. I would be really surprised if they got more than a 6th for him. Who would want a guy that will never be better than about the 25th best QB in the league? Off the top of my head these are the QBs that I like better than him in this year's draft (in no particular order): Boyd, McCarron, Manziel, Bortles, Garoppolo, Bridgewater, Mettenberger, Murray and Savage (also a statue). I am sure that I am forgetting some (maybe even some obvious ones).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glennon is a decent QB. He was the best rookie last year. I live in Tampa as many of you know so I watched all of his games. He's not fast, but a decent pocket passer. As far as VJax, he drives us Bucs fans crazy as he makes insane catches and then drops the easiest ones right in the bread basket.

I like Glennon. I think he could be a good starter, and definitely a good back up. Why? Because he makes good decisions, and does not take risky chances resulting in a ton of picks. Half of those were due to WR mistakes.

If they drop him as no one wants to trade, I would sign him in a heartbeat, keep Thad, and dump the rest. He'd be fine to come in after one of EJ's mistakes and gets hurt. EJ has to make better decisions. It's funny my old mentor in leadership in medical devices always told me you can't coach judgment. You either know how to make good decisions or you don't. Over the years, I think there is truth to that comment.

It's funny my old mentor in leadership in medical devices always told me you can't coach judgment. You either know how to make good decisions or you don't. Over the years, I think there is truth to that comment.

i think thats a bit crazy... in reality judgement is just the ability to quickly process a set of data, evaluate your goals and make a good choice - were constantly coached in that from the day we are born. Whether its learning to process quicker, more accurately, gaining a better understanding of the inputs or outputs - you have to both be willing and have time to learn.... but judgement is very coachable.

now whether the nfl will afford you that time, or the guy will be able to get it to the elite levels demanded is a different story.

I like the way the Bucs are going about this. Spent a mid rounder on a guy, he wasn't great, wasn't bad, but at QB they want to be great so they're not gong to wait on Glennon. They'll continue to seek a great QB, because you're going no where without one. I wish the Bills showed the same urgency at the QB position.

And I will add I think Glennon showed more promise than EJ. Bucs looking to upgrade the position, Bills dead set on not drafting a QB high. Much prefer the Bucs philosophy.

Ha! Good one. Bucs have been looking for a great QB for their franchise history... Who's the greatest buc QB of all time? Trent Dilfer? Brad Johnson? Steve Deberg?

BTW Lovie named McCown the starter.... That must be the next great QB!

Ha! Good one. Bucs have been looking for a great QB for their franchise history... Who's the greatest buc QB of all time? Trent Dilfer? Brad Johnson? Steve Deberg?

BTW Lovie named McCown the starter.... That must be the next great QB!

I would say the one that got away...Steve Young

I like Glennon. Might have the strongest arm in the league. He is tall. But he`s not a statue. He beat us. Better stats than EJ. They won`t bring him in. We know why.Some of us do at least.

He too was horrible in that game. I am admittedly not an EJ fan but he could develop into a much better player than Glennon ever will be. If they liked him at all as a player they wouldn't be so willing to move on (which they already have). McCown had a great year last year but his career hasn't been all that spectacular. Glennon is what he is, a solid back up. He's a poor man's Byron Leftwich IMO.

I like EJ Manuel as our starter. I like Thad Lewis as a back up. I would be fine if Thad was pushed to 3rd string. I would be fine with acquiring Glennon for the right price. That price being a 6th or 7th rounder. We don't have a 6th this year. So, I would either trade a 7th round pick this year or a 6th round pick next year. We can get a starting player in the 5th round or higher. Starting OGs in the 5th round is very plausible.

Also, if we acquired an upgrade at 2nd string QB we could free up roster spots on the main roster and the practice squad with our 4th and 5th QBs able to be cut. We could cut Tuel and Dixon.

Glennon is a decent QB. He was the best rookie last year. I live in Tampa as many of you know so I watched all of his games. He's not fast, but a decent pocket passer. As far as VJax, he drives us Bucs fans crazy as he makes insane catches and then drops the easiest ones right in the bread basket.

I like Glennon. I think he could be a good starter, and definitely a good back up. Why? Because he makes good decisions, and does not take risky chances resulting in a ton of picks. Half of those were due to WR mistakes.

If they drop him as no one wants to trade, I would sign him in a heartbeat, keep Thad, and dump the rest. He'd be fine to come in after one of EJ's mistakes and gets hurt. EJ has to make better decisions. It's funny my old mentor in leadership in medical devices always told me you can't coach judgment. You either know how to make good decisions or you don't. Over the years, I think there is truth to that comment.

Valedictorian of summer school

Valedictorian of summer school

No argument. He's not Brady or Manning, but would be a very good back up, and could come when needed. For those banging on Glennon, remember we in Tampa had a bad OC who wanted to push the field down in chunks and the O Lone couldn't hold up. Even with that philosophy, he still didn't get picked off a bunch of times.

My only point is he's a decent promising guy, and there were things against him. I'm also not bashing EJ, just that he did not come out with better judgment than Glennon. I still believe EJ has the potential to be a good QB in the NFL. This year is really the test.

I guess I'm i nthe minority but I think Lewis is a good backup QB. That said, I'll all for adding a guy like Aaron Murray in the 3rd or later as a developmental guy.

Maybe but I'll join you. I think Lewis did very well in spot duty last year. He is great as a backup; he knows the system, is incredibly intelligent, is a similar player to EJ athletically, and performed well considering his circumstances. I thought the trade for him was a throwaway of 2 guys that would get cut but I was more than pleasantly surprised by him.

No argument. He's not Brady or Manning, but would be a very good back up, and could come when needed. For those banging on Glennon, remember we in Tampa had a bad OC who wanted to push the field down in chunks and the O Lone couldn't hold up. Even with that philosophy, he still didn't get picked off a bunch of times.

My only point is he's a decent promising guy, and there were things against him. I'm also not bashing EJ, just that he did not come out with better judgment than Glennon. I still believe EJ has the potential to be a good QB in the NFL. This year is really the test.

I know, I was just kidding. I only watched Glennon play once last year and it was the Bills game. He was bad and EJ was worse. That whole game made me want to drink bleach,

i feel like i just read this:

"youd be dumb to judge them on one season"

"well i am judging them on less than that"

Only judging from the games played. Glennon had way more poise and pocket awareness in his eight games than EJ, and seemed to get better as the year went on. I can't say the same about EJ. I know that EJ was more raw and possibly has a higher ceiling than Glennon, but the difference between the two was undeniable last year.

Yet, one team is all ready to move on. All I'm saying is that you have diametrically opposing views by the front offices of guys who had diametrically opposite performances.

Only judging from the games played. Glennon had way more poise and pocket awareness in his eight games than EJ, and seemed to get better as the year went on. I can't say the same about EJ. I know that EJ was more raw and possibly has a higher ceiling than Glennon, but the difference between the two was undeniable last year.

Yet, one team is all ready to move on. All I'm saying is that you have diametrically opposing views by the front offices of guys who had diametrically opposite performances.

I wouldn't go that far. Glennon was a 3rd rd pick by a FO and coaching staff that is no longer there. EJ was a 1st round pick by a FO and coaching staff that hand picked him and is still there. They do not have the same "decision" to make. Glennon may never have started a game there if Josh Freeman didn't circle the drain and get cut. Saying they had diametrically opposing performances is your opinion. Edited by YoloinOhio

Glennon had way more poise and pocket awareness in his eight games than EJ, and seemed to get better as the year went on.

I don't agree with that actually. I thought he took a couple of games to get going, then had a good spell but his performance fell off at the end of the season in the Bills game and beyond. Admittedly I think Tampa's team gave up at the end of the year but Glennon was not good in the last 3-4 games.

EDIT: having said that if he was cut I'd sign him. I wouldn't give up a pick for him.

Edited by GunnerBill

I wouldn't go that far. Glennon was a 3rd rd pick by a FO and coaching staff that is no longer there. EJ was a 1st round pick by a FO and coaching staff that hand picked him and is still there. They do not have the same "decision" to make. Glennon may never have started a game there if Josh Freeman didn't circle the drain and get cut. Saying they had diametrically opposing performances is your opinion.

bingo. its very much apples to oranges.