Movie: Draft Day

Wait just a GD minute... Ramses is in it?? How did I not know.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 39m

#Bills WR Ramses Barden (@RamsesSHINES) makes acting debut in Draft Day http://ow.ly/vH4zN pic.twitter.com/1YfgshWblz

You can count the number of movies I've seen in a theater over the past five years on three fingers. This won't be the fourth; I'll wait a couple of months weeks for it to show up on NetFlix.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

Plus I hear its awful

CBF

no offense. But when you posted this, the movie hadn't even touched down in theaters yet. So who are you hearing that from? Just curious.

Fwiw, those of you who think this is going to be packed with football scenes on the field. Think again. Which is probably why that review was horrible. Idiots think this is going to be action packed with non stop football action should think again. It's the die hards that love every aspect of football and the draft and free agency that will truly appreciate what it is.

I'll be seeing it today or tomorrow I think.

Fwiw, those of you who think this is going to be packed with football scenes on the field. Think again. Which is probably why that review was horrible. Idiots think this is going to be action packed with non stop football action should think again. It's the die hards that love every aspect of football and the draft and free agency that will truly appreciate what it is.

Did you even read the review?

Did you even read the review?

i read the quite from the review.

I don't need to read reviews of people for something I plan on doing, or buying anyway. It's pointless. I decided a long time ago that I would enjoy this movie because it's about football. About the draft. And it has actors in it that I enjoy watching. So I don't need someone telling me why I should or shouldn't like it. I already made up my mind. Now when I see it and I don't think it's that good, I'll be disappointed, but I was going to watch regardless.

i read the quite from the review.

I don't need to read reviews of people for something I plan on doing, or buying anyway. It's pointless. I decided a long time ago that I would enjoy this movie because it's about football. About the draft. And it has actors in it that I enjoy watching. So I don't need someone telling me why I should or shouldn't like it. I already made up my mind. Now when I see it and I don't think it's that good, I'll be disappointed, but I was going to watch regardless.

Sure, I get that, but that's a little different than drawing conclusions about why a reviewer didn't like a film.

Sure, I get that, but that's a little different than drawing conclusions about why a reviewer didn't like a film.

based on the quite I read here that someone posted was that the reviewer thought this would be a football movie. It's not. It's a draft movie in the sport of football.

Yep Bills are in there and sitting behind the desk is none other than Russ 'Hard ass' Brandon. Its not a huge part about the Bills but they portray us as the toughest, no BS team to deal with in this movie.

oh god I gotta see this movie.

Just walked out of the theatre now. I laughed at his small part. Thought he was hilarious. I wanted to stand up and cheer when they had the flyover the field house to view the Ralph.

Overall, I thought the movie was pretty good. I think the outcome of the moves was a little ridiculous, but entertaining regardless.

Just walked out of the theatre as we speak. Overall I was decently impressed. Of course I thought some of the trades were ridiculous, and I couldn't see it happening in real life, but possible and overall not bad.

I have no doubt that some of the things that go on when debating players and picks is taken I to account in this movie.

And I liked it when Costner was about to tell Shefter to stick it.

Just walked out of the theatre now. I laughed at his small part. Thought he was hilarious. I wanted to stand up and cheer when they had the flyover the field house to view the Ralph.

Overall, I thought the movie was pretty good. I think the outcome of the moves was a little ridiculous, but entertaining regardless.

does the climax of the film involve the browns desperately trying to reach buddy nix only to realize he's at home, in bed, asleep?

The man can't help what God gave him, mrags. Still, I can't imagine that he consented to full frontal nudity in a movie like this and climaxed over Cleveland to boot. 0:)

mr rags but you can actually see how it went down possibly happening in real life. I mean we have seen some strange crap. I thought the did very well. And Russ being 'Stone cold Russ Austin' Essentially was hilarious. I think you can 2nd the fact they didn't disrespect the Bills at all.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

mr rags but you can actually see how it went down possibly happening in real life. I mean we have seen some strange crap. I thought the did very well. And Russ being 'Stone cold Russ Austin' Essentially was hilarious. I think you can 2nd the fact they didn't disrespect the Bills at all.

100% correct on all of that. I thought the 2nd deal at the end was a bit exaggerated but the initial deal and how all the other teams were trying to make trades throughout the whole movie was most likely dead balls accurate in how things go down in the NFL.

Yep Bills are in there and sitting behind the desk is none other than Russ 'Hard ass' Brandon. Its not a huge part about the Bills but they portray us as the toughest, no BS team to deal with in this movie.

Were the Bills the team the Browns traded into the number 1 pick with?

Were the Bills the team the Browns traded into the number 1 pick with?

Ill save you the suspense, No. Of all the teams they show talking trade with Sonny (aka Coster) The Bills and Russ Brandon were the toughest. They really showed Buffalo to be strong. Bills fans, Go see the movie. It is a good solid movie about a team and happenings in the draft. YES I wish they had kept it the Bills, but they didn't. What they did to was represent us well I thought for a short segment. Overall as a football fan I think you will enjoy it if you take it for what it is, a movie

So are you guys trying to ruin the movie for the rest of us?

I actually want to see as it might be interesting. I promise not to add to this thread for at least a couple of weeks for us football nuts who want to see it.

Not busting anyone's chops as it was pretty nice most of you tried to hide the plot in your comments.

i appreciate that.

So are you guys trying to ruin the movie for the rest of us?

I actually want to see as it might be interesting. I promise not to add to this thread for at least a couple of weeks for us football nuts who want to see it.

Not busting anyone's chops as it was pretty nice most of you tried to hide the plot in your comments.

i appreciate that.

Nothing said will ruin the movie.

Nothing said will ruin the movie.

here's a hint:

The movie is called draft day. And considering it would be really boring if they stood where they drafted it would be really boring. So yeah, there's some big blockbuster types of trades. If you couldn't figure that out, I don't know what to say. lol

here's a hint:

The movie is called draft day. And considering it would be really boring if they stood where they drafted it would be really boring. So yeah, there's some big blockbuster types of trades. If you couldn't figure that out, I don't know what to say. lol

Shhh..... or you'll give away everything that was already seen in the commercials and trailers for the movie.

Wow the movie snubbed Buffalo? How about NYS screwed up but hey who cares about the truth as long as we can all blame some unknown entity for a perceived slight. I'll be seeing it for sure.

Yep, because it wasn't greedy producers who compromised the entire script for a kickback from the state. Oh wait. It was

Shhh..... or you'll give away everything that was already seen in the commercials and trailers for the movie.

lol

I spoke to my 72 yr old Mom tonight and she doesn't even watch football, and for a reason I can't explain she went to see this movie.

she prolly wants to bone Kevin Costner.

Yep, because it wasn't greedy producers who compromised the entire script for a kickback from the state. Oh wait. It was

Man those producers looking to maximize profit sure are dirtballs, would you take a pay cut to see the movie feature Buffalo? No you wouldn't so why should they?

Saw it last night. I love the NFL draft, just love it. That would be the ONLY reason I would recommend watching it as I'm getting more and more excited for the actual draft.

Overall, entertaining but not worth it if you don't absolutely love the draft.