Movie: Draft Day

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is more of a political statement than football, but the people in charge of NYS just don't understand why they are always broke. They provide too many services and too high of taxes. This is one of the reasons i love living in FL. No state tax.

I'll go see the movie as NYS screwed up and could have showcased the Bills. PTR, I am often with you, but this time place your anger at the politicians.

It would have been fun to have the Bills get this press. Remember the filmakers wanted to go with the Bills first. Cleveland was a second option as Ohio gave them the break.

I will. Probably in 9 months when it's running HBO every other night.

I know this is more of a political statement than football, but the people in charge of NYS just don't understand why they are always broke. They provide too many services and too high of taxes.

And most of the 'services' are little more than patronage jobs to buddies of politicians. It's staggering that any intelligent person still defends government in this country.

I am boycotting the film since they replaced Buffalo with Cleveland. But aside from that snub, this film is getting so much push I get the feeling the studios know they have a dog on their hands. So they are hoping for a huge first week to recoup their investment. Just my uninformed opinion.

PTR

when does the Bluray come out? i rarely go to the movies anymore

it would have been cool to have a movie with the Bills as the theme but it doesnt bother me that they switched...the previews dont make it seem great though

The blame is to be put on New York State, not the filmmakers

New York State made a good decision to not throw money away on this. Movies DO NOT bring money into the state. Only one movie in the last ten years has brought more dollars to an area than tax breaks given. The myth that movies generate revenue for the place giving the tax break needs to die. If you feel that money should have been spent on the movie as a promo for the Bills...ok. I have doubts that it would be brings more dollars to the Bills or NYS in that regard either.

Edited by jeremy2020

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 6m

Complete audio: 'Draft Day' Director Ivan Reitman http://ow.ly/2FxUzj

Hopefully this movie ends with the Browns trading up to grab a punter, and ends with Costner fired, disgraced and alone. I hate Costner.

If Costner can land a QB for the Browns in this movie, Haslam will have Farmer out by the end of the week.

If my wife wins free tickets today my son and I will go tonight.

Otherwise I will watch it at home at some point.

I don't watch movies in theaters very often.

I don't believe it is released until tomorrow. Is there a special preview?

I don't believe it is released until tomorrow. Is there a special preview?

Yeah at least here in Rochester there is. A couple theaters are showing it tonight but you can't buy tickets. A local radio station is giving them away.

Edited by CodeMonkey

More evidence of a dud...

Last two nights on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Jennifer Garner and Dennis Leary are guests. Each spends ZERO time talking about the movie! Mark me down: Draft Day will be a BUST!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

More evidence of a dud...

Last two nights on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Jennifer Garner and Dennis Leary are guests. Each spends ZERO time talking about the movie! Mark me down: Draft Day will be a BUST!

PTR

It's not like a spot on the "Daily Show" costs major marketing money.

Brutal review of the film:

"When you finish seeing a movie like Draft Day—the NFL’s current foray into what might be called failed experimental cinema—you ask yourself a lot of questions, most of which start with why. Why did I just watch this? Why did people think to make this, and why didn’t other people stop them? Draft Day is one of the dumbest movies about sports ever made because it’s one of the dumbest ideas for a movie about sports that anyone has ever had, a fictional film about pro football that isn’t even actually about football."

After reading this review, I'm kind of glad they made the movie in Cleveland rather than Buffalo.

I have no intension of going to the theatre to see it, even prior to reading that. Maybe I'll end up catching it on HBO in a few months.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

IMDB rating is 7.1 which is fairly average ... but only 10 people so far :)

My wife ended up winning tickets to the preview yesterday but had to go herself due to some contest rule.

She went with my daughter who enjoys sports and is a Bills fan. but not a hardcore football fan.

FWIW, my daughter said the movie was "OK". And my wife really enjoyed it.

My wife enjoying it is actually bad news because that means football content is minimal and the relationship stuff probably took the front seat.

IMDB rating is 7.1 which is fairly average ... but only 10 people so far :)

My wife ended up winning tickets to the preview yesterday but had to go herself due to some contest rule.

She went with my daughter who enjoys sports and is a Bills fan. but not a hardcore football fan.

FWIW, my daughter said the movie was "OK". And my wife really enjoyed it.

My wife enjoying it is actually bad news because that means football content is minimal and the relationship stuff probably took the front seat.

LOL.