Movie: Draft Day

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor point: Russ is the team president - Doug Whaley is the GM. Did they have Russ playing the GM? (and that's Doug Whaley, not Frank Whaley, thank you NFLN imbeciles who've been calling him "Frank" in their crawler since yesterday)

Thanks for the review! I'm pretty picky about my rare trips to the theater to see something, but I'll make a point of catching it on cable at least.

Correct you are. DW is our GM!

Not sure what role Russ was playing. He only had 1 line and it was in response to something Costner said. I get the feeling that he was one of the GM's high-up assistants because one of the other guys in Buffalo's office did most of the talking (I think his name was Alec or Alex)... But then again, it was Russ was the one seated behind the desk which I assume would be the GM's office... I guess it's not really important!

It was OK. The whole premise of trading before scouting was just silly.

Not quite... They did mention that they DID scout him but just didn't do a 100% thorough job since they didn't think he'd be in a position to draft him.

Wasn't it tax incentives, not fandom, that had it relocated to Cleveland?

Ivan Reitman was interviewed by Murph. He is from Toronto area, likes Buffalo, and wanted to do the movie featuring the Bills rather than Browns. Because the movie was done on a tight budget, the additional money that Ohio (I think) came up with made a huge difference in being able to do the movie.

Not quite... They did mention that they DID scout him but just didn't do a 100% thorough job since they didn't think he'd be in a position to draft him.

Which any NFL team would have done before giving up 3 1st rounders.