Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

What if the Faceless Twit has really just been an alternate persona of Arya all along?

I've thought about that too. Faceless Arya must rid herself of her past by killing off the part of herself leftover from before she left Westeros

Another idea, what if The Many Faced God is like Highlander where There Can Be Only One and this is all part of the initiation to see which one is worthy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about that too. Faceless Arya must rid herself of her past by killing off the part of herself leftover from before she left Westeros

Another idea, what if The Many Faced God is like Highlander where There Can Be Only One and this is all part of the initiation to see which one is worthy.

That's funny, because I have the exact opposite opinion on the Arya arc. She had steadily been forgetting who she was when she left Westeros and was reminded when she saw the play depicting the events of her father's death. By refusing to poison the actress and then reclaiming Needle from it's hiding place, the return of Arya Stark was complete, imo.

That's funny, because I have the exact opposite opinion on the Arya arc. She had steadily been forgetting who she was when she left Westeros and was reminded when she saw the play depicting the events of her father's death. By refusing to poison the actress and then reclaiming Needle from it's hiding place, the return of Arya Stark was complete, imo.

When the audience watching the play laughed at Ned Stark depicted as a dumb northern he remembered who she was, I agree.

The Faceless Twit stabbed Jaqen H'ghar masquerading as Arya. It's in the musical cues.

Why Jaqen was masquerading as Arya, I have no idea.

If that is indeed Jaqen's music, then I have a question:

I don't know why I never noticed this before, but isn't that the same music that is playing at the end of an episode in season 1; in the scene when Ned walks in on Arya getting dancing lessons from Syrio?

Yeah, how about that? Had to suspend disbelief a bit with respect to the stomach wounds, but I like the way it turned out.

I agree. They at least showed some help getting Arya patched up, and a long night's rest. I am willing to chalk up amazing actions to a burst of adrenaline, but hope they show a little more help/medicine/magic for those abdominal wounds. Maybe a long boat ride to Westeros with a Maester a red priest?

Yeah, how about that? Had to suspend disbelief a bit with respect to the stomach wounds, but I like the way it turned out.

Whaaaaaat?

Suspend disbelief for a show where a dragon drops off a Queen at the top of a pyramid just in the Nick of time during a siege?

Yeah, right <_<

Whaaaaaat?

Suspend disbelief for a show where a dragon drops off a Queen at the top of a pyramid just in the Nick of time during a siege?

Yeah, right <_<

It's not a matter of suspension of disbelief, it's a matter of consistency. In one episode you can't have the Hound telling Arya they have to kill a guy because he has a stomach wound and it won't heal and in another having Arya getting stabbed 4-5 times in the gut and healing up by the next day because she had some soup. The show can't do anything it wants and expect the audience to accept it because there are dragons and magic.

It also made absolutely no sense why Arya was strolling the town, without her sword, with her hands behind her back like she was walking through a tulip garden when she knew the Waif was going to be looking for her. One episode she's hiding in a dark room with her sword the next it's a walk in the park. WTF?! It makes absolutely no sense in the context that has been presented to us.

Edited by MDH

It's not a matter of suspension of disbelief, it's a matter of consistency. In one episode you can't have the Hound telling Arya they have to kill a guy because he has a stomach wound and it won't heal and in another having Arya getting stabbed 4-5 times in the gut and healing up by the next day because she had some soup. The show can't do anything it wants and expect the audience to accept it because there are dragons and magic.

It also made absolutely no sense why Arya was strolling the town, without her sword, with her hands behind her back like she was walking through a tulip garden when she knew the Waif was going to be looking for her. One episode she's hiding in a dark room with her sword the next it's a walk in the park. WTF?! It makes absolutely no sense in the context that has been presented to us.

Agreed. She took a slash and then was stabbed multiple times with a twisting of the blade on the last one. And how long was it until she was found? She was dripping blood at a good rate walking through the market, it had to be several hours before she was found. Plus the strutting around town thing, just doesn't make sense. You want to suspend belief when watching, but there has to be some form of consistency. The milk of the poppy can knock you out for several days, so it's unclear if it was the very next day, but still very soon after being sewn up. I am glad this part of the story is done with though, that's the best part of this whole ordeal...

Edited by ricojes

I have to admit, I enjoyed the ironic nature of the relationship between Arya and an actress who plays Cersei. They each saved each other's lives.

True, even though Arya was the one who planted the poison in the first place. I thought the actress may have a bigger role, but I guess it's better to wrap up that whole segment completely, no loose ends...

Edited by ricojes

Agreed. She took a slash and then was stabbed multiple times with a twisting of the blade on the last one. And how long was it until she was found? She was dripping blood at a good rate walking through the market, it had to be several hours before she was found. Plus the strutting around town thing, just doesn't make sense. You want to suspend belief when watching, but there has to be some form of consistency. The milk of the poppy can knock you out for several days, so it's unclear if it was the very next day, but still very soon after being sewn up. I am glad this part of the story is done with though, that's the best part of this whole ordeal...

I think GRRM will do a much better job of making it work in the books, though it might take him 200 pages. . . :P

And she fell in to an undoubtedly polluted river.

(I called the "fighting the Faceless Twit in the dark," though. Throw enough **** against the wall, and eventually...)

Party in Winterfell Sunday night, any unexpected guests?

I'm thinking Pod and Brienne make it in time. Who else do you expect to show up?

I'm guessing, now that everyone at Riverrun is positioned correctly, that Brienne and Pod are going to be detoured by Stoneheart, who will send her back to Riverrun to collect Jamie.

In the North, I expect Littlefinger's army to be the saviors, much like the Lannister army coming in to turn the tide at the Blackwater.

I'm guessing, now that everyone at Riverrun is positioned correctly, that Brienne and Pod are going to be detoured by Stoneheart, who will send her back to Riverrun to collect Jamie.

In the North, I expect Littlefinger's army to be the saviors, much like the Lannister army coming in to turn the tide at the Blackwater.

No chance on Arya right?

I also expect Tyrion to get on a dragon by the finale.

No chance on Arya right?

I think she's too far away to get there in time. But I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into Sam on her way back west, considering Sam has a habit of running into Snow's siblings when he's sent away on missions by Jon.