Bills acquire WR mike Williams

With Marrone and Rob Moore as his coaches, I have to think they know him extremely well and these parameters are in place. He used up his chances in TB but this is his second chance at a career that he has the talent to prove.

im not complaining, im fine taking a shot, and a 6th is cheap even if he fails - but given his syracuse debacle you might consider this his 3rd chance.... im always gun shy saying "this will be the wakeup call" when a guys getting booted for the second time already.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two observations.

The Bills now lead the league with guys names Williams. Mario, Kyle, Aaron, Chris, Nathan, Duke and Mike.

The Bills seem to be taking more character risky guys. Mike Williams brother just stabbed him in March makes you wonder why.

I am fine with this. If we really want Mike Evans, there is no guaranty that he even would make it to our pick. This provides low cost insurance.

It also gives us added flexibility in he draft to draft the BPA.

Buffalo Bills (Williams)!!!

I think that I like it. It's a low risk, high reward move. He is very talented but has proven to be a bit of a knucklehead. Will being home be good or bad for the Williams? They only invested a 6th round pick and his cap number is low. These are the types of moves that the Patriots used to make. I am not saying that the Bills are the Pats but when you can acquire good talent for low round draft picks it is a good move IMO. I am always surprised that teams don't do that more often.

I'm not a huge fan of this move at all. Too big a risk for too much money, especially if we are keeping Stevie. If we keep this guy over Stevie, and then don't draft Evans, I will like it less. I also hate the idea of OT at #9 because we will lose Glenn, IMO.

That said...

If the thinking is to go after Ebron, and keep Stevie... then the line-up of Stevie. Mike Williams. Woods. Goodwin. Ebron. Chandler. Spiller. Jackson. could really do some damage is they came together at all.

I just don't think they are going to do that.

I think that I like it. It's a low risk, high reward move. He is very talented but has proven to be a bit of a knucklehead. Will being home be good or bad for the Williams? They only invested a 6th round pick and his cap number is low. These are the types of moves that the Patriots used to make. I am not saying that the Bills are the Pats but when you can acquire good talent for low round draft picks it is a good move IMO. I am always surprised that teams don't do that more often.

yea, essentially its a cheap 1 year deal to see if he can prove worthy of the 4 years 30m on the other side of this season. almost no risk, but i dont know if he will be here for the long haul either.