DeSean Jackson released

Thankfully, the Bills don't wan to add a proven wanna-be gang banger who provides locker room distraction and off the field issues. If they start doing that, they might actually consider just moving the team to L.A. already where those thug types will be right at home.

That's just not true

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BB , and excuse my forwardness please both of you. But We dont have the Nix guy. The big wide radiused mismatch who can go up and get it.

We have juke , we have speed we have smooth , we dont have big . Unless Ramses blows us away : )

Wasn't there a poster on here a couple weeks ago who said Ramses is a Hall of Famer waiting to happen?

I have a feeling that Jackson will be anathema to every team in the league. Every team is on high alert after Aaron Hernandez, and signing a gang-affiliated player could be disastrous to the team that gets him.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one signs him.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

I have a sneaky suspicion they are going to get him too...

My sense is that the Bills are going to take a big swing at Jackson. I don't expect much (if any) back and forth. I think that they are quietly going to present a really solid offer and it will either get it done or it won't. That's how the Bills do business.

My sense is that the Bills are going to take a big swing at Jackson. I don't expect much (if any) back and forth. I think that they are quietly going to present a really solid offer and it will either get it done or it won't. That's how the Bills do business.

I agree completely. They'll take one shot and see if he bites. Adding him makes too much sense for the Bills not to at least make an offer, even on a one year deal.

They are going to cut Johnson this year or next. Might as well get it over with. Jackson is a downfield threat and a better player. If we can make it work under the cap why exactly would you care what the hit is. its not your money. 17.2 avg vs. 12.7. Thats a massive improvement. Strengthen that o-line and you have a d-coordinators nightmare. Throw Ebron in the mix. OMG. Wanna play eight in the box to stop the run. Goodwin and Jackson run wild. Play nickel or dime to stop the pass. Then its time to ram the ball down their throat. That's a top ten offense to go along with what should be a top ten defense. Maybe top five both categories. Stevie Johnson is just good enough to get you beat. Hes nothing special.

And another board member gets it! :worthy: all the others are smoking the wacky tabacky like its their money!

They are going to cut Johnson this year or next. Might as well get it over with. Jackson is a downfield threat and a better player. If we can make it work under the cap why exactly would you care what the hit is. its not your money. 17.2 avg vs. 12.7. Thats a massive improvement. Strengthen that o-line and you have a d-coordinators nightmare. Throw Ebron in the mix. OMG. Wanna play eight in the box to stop the run. Goodwin and Jackson run wild. Play nickel or dime to stop the pass. Then its time to ram the ball down their throat. That's a top ten offense to go along with what should be a top ten defense. Maybe top five both categories. Stevie Johnson is just good enough to get you beat. Hes nothing special.

yeah. In Madden it works out perfectly like that.

what a great response...everytime someone disagrees with Mr.Rags he comes up with a great analogy! I agree with him. Does that make us wrong and stupid? I hope you eat crow soon!

Who says? Do you work in the Bills FO?

You have no problems cutting Stevie, our best receiver for whom we have no replacement, and taking a large cap hit- yet, you'd rather moan about Fitzpatricks cap hit?

Honestly unless you have so much talent to compensate you absorb the contract. Stevie had a rough year, but he's had proven production. Dude just lost his mother, are you one of the people who was arguing that we should cut Dareus during his 2nd year? Look where he is now..

I appreciate that you want to improve the team, but there are other ways of doing so. Cutting Johnson and acquiring Jackson could help, but it's risky. We can keep them both around. If we draft a WR in the first we will be paying him pretty decent money anyways.

Edited by Sumin

I hope you eat crow soon!

thats funny I hope you end your profile here and log off for good. Well make a bet. If Stevie gets cut, I'll eat my crow and mail you a six pack. If he stays and produces another 1,000 yard season with another 75+ catches, im you quit.

PFT is now reporting this:

http://profootballta...-to-washington/

"Free agent Kenny Britt will accept the terms of a contract offered to him by the Buffalo Bills. The amount of the contract has yet to be disclosed, but it is expected to be a three year contract."

really freaking annoying....and zero points for originality

They have a place and a use. This point in the offseason is perfect for this type of hypothetical thread.

Other options for discussion right now that are not hypothetical:

A) ______ really sucked last year.

B) ______ 15 years ago

C) ______ 25 years ago.

If ya ask me, I'd rather be optimistic about 2014 then relive the last 25 years. :D

2nded.

Merely adding "If the Skins get Jackson, do the Bills get Britt?"

I've brought this up in multiple threads when appropriate.

Cutting SJ13 is beyond ludicrous. I'm talking woah woah woah stop the clock ludicrous.

If we cut SJ13 we take a hit at $8.5mm for 2014. We could defer some of that to 2015, but that is not worth really mentioning other then presenting every option. Disirregardless that's a big hit. Then we spend what probably comes to $8mm for DeSean Jackson, a wildcard, troubled star just jettisoned by a team that could have used a WR of his calibre.

So far, the math comes to $16.5mm for 2014 for what amounts to 1 WR. One WR that is supposed to upgrade 52 receptions and 597 yards in 100 targets in 12 games. One WR that is supposed to upgrade 289 receptions, 3,720 yards, and 26 TD's over the last 4 seasons. All of this on a team with less then average QB play, 7 starting QB's, and a team that relies upon the run.

I don't see what DJackson could offer this team that is worth $16.5mm.

And just so you can look at DJackson's numbers over the last 4 years:

232 receptions, 4049 yards, 21 TD's.

Career:

DJax: 87 games, 356 catches, 6,117 yds, 17.2 Avg, 70.3 ypg, 32 TD's

SJ13: 76 games, 301 catches, 3,832 yards, 12.7 Avg, 50.4 ypg, 28 TD's

"Disirregardless" .....translation please ?

They are going to cut Johnson this year or next.

Opinion.

Probably not, though. There is not much of a benefit to flat out cutting a guy with such a huge hit and, more importantly, who replaces him?

Jackson is a downfield threat and a better player.

Was a downfield threat, regressed a little.

If we can make it work under the cap why exactly would you care what the hit is. its not your money. 17.2 avg vs. 12.7. Thats a massive improvement.

Over the span of a career, it is. But, we are a run first team - or should be - or trying to be. We need catches, they are important. Avg is nice, flashy and part of the big game.

Strengthen that o-line and you have a d-coordinators nightmare. Throw Ebron in the mix. OMG. Wanna play eight in the box to stop the run. Goodwin and Jackson run wild.

Goodwin is a situational role player and will likely never surpass this position due what is likely going to be consistency issues regarding health and development. He can still be very good, but his ceiling will not be that of Danny Amendola, Wes Welker or DJax. Further, Robert Woods, SJ13, TJ Graham and Scott Chandler are not suitable to the run them wide.

In other words. A team would not stack the box if Goodwin is on the field because he will only be the 3rd WR in his career. A 3rd WR - in your scenario would be DJax, Goodwin and I am guessing Woods @ WR. Ebron at TE. Manuel + 5 OL + 1 RB. No defense would stack the box, and about every defense would rather burn a timeout to change personnel if caught in this position but likely not have to since if you sub an offensive player you must be able to sub a defensive player - per rules. And, being that we are not a spread wide, fun and gun offense we're not likely to run a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB offense for any duration because we do not have the versatility in RB and TE to do so thru an entire drive, let alone 3 down series.

Play nickel or dime to stop the pass. Then its time to ram the ball down their throat.

Fred Jackson is getting up there in years and I love him so much that I would marry him if I could. The man has a heart that could fill Niagara Falls and melt any Nor'easter.

Now that I got that out of the way in 2 years, maybe even this year, I don't know how we would run it down there throat. I have been patient with Spiller and his ankle and I have a lot of hope that it was all mental and the injury that held him back last year. But, he's not running it down anyone teams throat. Not with this line as it is that we know it nor with this coaching staff. They simply can't use what they can't use - meaning they can't get CJ Spiller the space he needs and the ability to make a play when CJ Spiller cannot even make a play himself. We're not going to run it down someones throat just because we have two very good backs. We are going to run hard and run strong but we need help.

That's a top ten offense to go along with what should be a top ten defense. Maybe top five both categories.

A top ten offense in 2014 must involve the FB catching passes. We need to spread the ball across the field, we need to get Manuel looking around, spreading the ball and finding targets.

Stevie Johnson is just good enough to get you beat. Hes nothing special.

He is the best WR on our team. That's special enough for me.

what a great response...everytime someone disagrees with Mr.Rags he comes up with a great analogy! I agree with him. Does that make us wrong and stupid? I hope you eat crow soon!

Well, before I even got to your response, I posted mine above.

See if it suits you. I am ready to go 10 rounds on this subject. It is old, tiresome and someone needs to TKO it.

Bring on all challenges. Jboy gon knock u out.

back to back, man. lets take them on.

bring it chumps. :nana:

Edited by jboyst62

You know me JBoyst. I'm always down for this battle. I'm getting sick of people calling for our best Reciever to be cut or traded just because they have a grudge against him. That's fine. Let's cut all our starters this year to save money for players that aren't available now. And while were at it, let's bring in trouble makers that flash gang signs (oh, he's clearly just fooling around, people in the NFL aren't in gangs because their famous), have run ins with the police, drop balls on the way into the end zone, cause contract holdouts, and get cut from their previous teams even though they were their last teams number 1 WR.

Comical