Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

Is Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Mack worth trading up for to the Texans spot?

Bills would have to trade 9th, 2014 second, 2015 first, maybe second or third in 2015 and a possible high pick in 2016 Texans received the Bills' first-round pick

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Clowney, Watkins, Robinson, Mack worth trading up for to the Texans spot?

Bills would have to trade 9th, 2014 second, 2015 first, maybe second or third in 2015 and a possible high pick in 2016 Texans received the Bills' first-round pick

Typically I would agree with you, but in the last few years draft day trades have gotten cheaper and cheaper... Didn't the Dolphins just package in a 2nd rounder to go from 12 to 3?

I think Buffalo could go from 9 to 1 or 2 for as cheap as their 9th pick, a 2nd or 3rd and Stevie

I don't want to lose Stevie, but his contractual burden is gonna get silly, quick

Typically I would agree with you, but in the last few years draft day trades have gotten cheaper and cheaper... Didn't the Dolphins just package in a 2nd rounder to go from 12 to 3?

I think Buffalo could go from 9 to 1 or 2 for as cheap as their 9th pick, a 2nd or 3rd and Stevie

I don't want to lose Stevie, but his contractual burden is gonna get silly, quick

We'll see if that holds up this year...The general feeling was that Oakland was desperate to get back into the 2nd round last year...They knew they wanted Hayden, and could get him at #12 no problem...It still cost St Louis a 2nd and a 7th to move up from #16 to #8 with Buffalo...That trade was much closer to the traditional Trade Chart value... B-)

We'll see if that holds up this year...The general feeling was that Oakland was desperate to get back into the 2nd round last year...They knew they wanted Hayden, and could get him at #12 no problem...It still cost St Louis a 2nd and a 7th to move up from #16 to #8 with Buffalo...That trade was much closer to the traditional Trade Chart value... B-)

I agree!! Both of the top two teams want to (or claim to want to) move back... There aren't a lot of teams claiming to want to move up... IF all we hear is true, teams would either be forced to accept whatever they were offered, or draft at their current spot... We all know that nothing is what it seems this time of year, but the news of Buffalo blowing up the phones trying to move to 1 or 2 will have me on the edge of my seat!!!

FWIW, on his show tonight John Murphy is really playing down the notion that the Bills would trade up to 1 or 2. He seems to like Evans. Watkins, Ebron.

He's also over stating the price, particularly when talking about pick 4 or 5. It doesn't take next years first to go to 4 or 5.

John is ultra conservative. Sometimes I want to scream because he is so conservative it's like he doesn't realize that this team has sucked for so long.

Texans asked for an RG3-type deal for first overall pick

Three first-round picks and a second-round pick.

http://profootballta...t-overall-pick/

fat chance....

:w00t:

He's also over stating the price, particularly when talking about pick 4 or 5. It doesn't take next years first to go to 4 or 5.

John is ultra conservative. Sometimes I want to scream because he is so conservative it's like he doesn't realize that this team has sucked for so long.

Yep but he is employed by the team and often toes the company line, so if he is scoffing at moving up to 1 or 2 and acting like that would be stupid for them to do I have to think that he knows they are only sniffing around and it isn't ultimately in their plans.

....and in Chris Brown's mock he has Ebron as choice 1 & Odell Beckham Jr. as choice 2.

I expect that by mid afternoon tomorrow, the rumor will be that they've written off the trade up as too expensive and that Beckham will have emerged as their supposed top choice at 9.

I think its all bull. Its Tavon Austin all over again. I believe they intend to trade down if they can. If they can't, they actually might take Beckham (with Ebron or Martin probably more likely), but given how many teams seem to have a high interest in him, I don't think they'll have any trouble trading out of that spot if that's what they intend to do.

fat chance....

They can ask all they want; if the draft had 2 good qbs...it could happen...Not a snowballs chance in hell maybe they get this years first and second and possibly next years first depending on how back they go.

fat chance....

I doubt they would get that considering there isn't a QB at pick 1 or 2 that is rated anywhere near where RGIII or Andrew Luck when they came out. Trade value is tough to determine, but the position that is going to be picked determines the value. If it's a QB, the price will go up. It's not this year. I think the price this year would be a lot lower and as the draft gets closer by the hour if Houston really wants to trade out, they will take less.

"The Houston Chronicle now says the Texans are asking for a first, second, and third-rounder this year plus a first-rounder in 2015 in exchange for Thursday's No. 1 overall pick."

http://www.rotoworld..._medium=twitter

I'd give them this year's 1st, 3rd, next year's 2nd and Chris Hogan...they love 7-11 down south.

"The Houston Chronicle now says the Texans are asking for a first, second, and third-rounder this year plus a first-rounder in 2015 in exchange for Thursday's No. 1 overall pick."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/287134/Report-HOU-lowers-asking-price-for-top-pick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They can want in one hand and crap in the other, I bet I know which one fills first... I can't see Houston trading the top pick and getting more than 2 picks and a player this year... Certainly not two 1st round picks....