Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

Please do NOT move up to one, and if we do move up, we MUST retain our 2nd and 3rd rounders this year.

Tim-

Well...It will almost assuredly cost us at least our 3rd this year to move up...Probably our second...

But I completely agree with this take...There is no way I would give up #41 to move up for anybody this year because I believe what you can get at #9 and # 41 this year (in a real deep Draft) will be better than any single prospect you can get with a trade up...

Except maybe Greg Robinson...I love Greg Robinson... ;)

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are way too thin to trade away multiple high level picks for anyone in this draft. We need to hit on rounds 1-3 this year and next year. If EJ turns out to be a bust, we draft a QB number 1 next year. No possible way to justify that we move up.

What if it cost you a 3rd rounder to go to 5 or 6?

We are way too thin to trade away multiple high level picks for anyone in this draft. We need to hit on rounds 1-3 this year and next year. If EJ turns out to be a bust, we draft a QB number 1 next year. No possible way to justify that we move up.

We're not that thin. But I do agree that we are not 1 player away from being dominant. I think the defense is playoff ready, our receiving corps is at worst serviceable and our OL has a couple holes and depth needs, but it all comes down to EJ. Not knowing what EJ will be is reason enough not to trade up.

We didn't succeed getting Spiller in to space, would we succeed getting Watkins in to space? We are a fast team, sure, but I don't know if we need a WR who specializes in screens at this point. We have a RB who specializes in screens, and Goodwin who can run them, too.

Ask yourselves what I asked myself: Which would make the biggest improvement to our team?

All Pro DE

All Pro WR

All Pro RT

All Pro TE

Names don't matter, but I think All Pro TE adds just a little more then an All Pro RT. At least to this team.

There is a legitimate shot that this draft could produce an all pro te AND an all pro rt for us!

no way will it be that cheap. At least a no. 2, which this year is almost = to a first.

It cost Miami a 2nd to go from 12 to 3 last year. Our 3rd and 1st is almost the exact points to get there on the draft value chart. In a draft that is this deep teams want more picks driving down the price. In addition the Raiders are said to love Lewan and are strongly considering him at 5. If they can get him plus a top 75 pick it would make sense.

We're not that thin. But I do agree that we are not 1 player away from being dominant. I think the defense is playoff ready, our receiving corps is at worst serviceable and our OL has a couple holes and depth needs, but it all comes down to EJ. Not knowing what EJ will be is reason enough not to trade up.

I think we really are that thin. We have a lot of servicable starters and not much depth. True for most teams, but not the elite. You can't come up with six positions where we could use an upgrade? My wish list includes upgrades of 3 on the OL, 1 LB, 1 DE, 1TE, 1WR, 1S plus adding depth and maybe, just maybe having to draft a starting QB. And what are the odds of the Bills actually hitting on all 6 picks? We need as many as we can get. Trading down sounds more realistic IMO.

Don't be so sure...in such a deep class teams may be more likely to trade back for less than usual.

maybe, except that everyone seems to agree that there are only 6 or 7 superstuds available this year. It could cost a major premium to get into position to take one of them. And last year there was no consensus regarding who the top 5-7 players were. That's why Miami moved up so cheaply. Edited by mannc

I would also do it for a once-a-decade defensive player.

If you think that's what Clowney is, it would be worth it. Whether or not he is that, is another story.

Even assuming you'd hit on your original 1-2-1 picks, would you give up a Gilmore, Dareus, and Glenn for Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis? I would, even though those three are really solid players.

Sure.... If you knew he was going to be a Ray Lewis. At least 25 teams it seems didn't know Ray Lewis was going to be Ray Lewis, including Baltimore.

Think New Orleans knew LT was going to be LT?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Here's what we have left if we trade up

1........... #1 and nothing and nothing next year and no first in 2016

2........... #2, #73, 5th 7th, LOSE next year’s 1st round pick

3.............#3, 5th, 7th

4.............#4, #73 4th, 7th

5.............#5, #41, 5th 7th

6.............#6, #41, 4th, 5th

7.............#7, #41, #73

8.............#8, #41, #73, 4th

9.............#9, #41, #73, 4th, 5th, 7th

Texans deciding between Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel at No. 1, per report

http://nfl.si.com/20...ziel/?eref=sihp

If at this late of date, you're still not sure about drafting the franchise QB or the stud DE number one overall, that tells me you have no intention of drafting Manziel or Clowney and are looking to trade the pick at all costs.

IMO the Texans don't want Manziel because their head coach doesn't want him and they don't want Clowney because their "Belichick-way" head coach doesn't like the possible "motor" concerns. They have probably fallen in love with Mack and are looking for the best offer to move back a few spots. They probably have no stomach to pick Mack at #1 overall so they would rather risk losing him than to put that kind of pressure on him and the team. Not sure who their fallback players are but they're probably one of the two top tackles.

If at this late of date, you're still not sure about drafting the franchise QB or the stud DE number one overall, that tells me you have no intention of drafting Manziel or Clowney and are looking to trade the pick at all costs.

IMO the Texans don't want Manziel because their head coach doesn't want him and they don't want Clowney because their "Belichick-way" head coach doesn't like the possible "motor" concerns. They have probably fallen in love with Mack and are looking for the best offer to move back a few spots. They probably have no stomach to pick Mack at #1 overall so they would rather risk losing him than to put that kind of pressure on him and the team. Not sure who their fallback players are but they're probably one of the two top tackles.

I think they want Clowney, but are keeping the door open to their #2 or #3 choice in the event that someone blows them away with an offer.