Tasteless article about Mr. Wilsons death by Toronto writer

I had posted this in the RIP MR. Wilson thread but out of respect for the purpose of the thread I decided to post my negative thoughts here and keep all the positive posts where they belong in that thread.

http://www.thestar.c...onto_kelly.html

I think the writer was tasteless and disrespectful in this article espeically since it was published 1 day after Mr. Wilsons death

CBF

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had posted this in the RIP MR. Wilson thread but out of respect for the purpose of the thread I decided to post my negative thoughts here and keep all the positive posts where they belong in that thread.

http://www.thestar.c...onto_kelly.html

I think the writer was tasteless and disrespectful in this article espeically since it was published 1 day after Mr. Wilsons death

CBF

Wow...

I expected this article to come eventually...From someone in Toronto...But you're right...

Too soon? Jeez... :angry:

Check out the guy's bio. He doesn't know the first thing about football. He should focus on Toronto basketball and soccer to figure out those losing cultures.

Cathal Kelly is a Toronto Star sports columnist with a focus on basketball, the NBA, Toronto Raptors, soccer, Toronto FC, the MLS and the international game. Reach him at 416-945-8702.

I would get pissed...if the prick wasn't Canadian. Look we all know articles like this are coming and what stings is the measure of truth in them. What sucks about this one is the prick can't even let Mr. Wilson be buried and allow a couple weeks to pass before writing it

I would get pissed...if the prick wasn't Canadian. Look we all know articles like this are coming and what stings is the measure of truth in them. What sucks about this one is the prick can't even let Mr. Wilson be buried and allow a couple weeks to pass before writing it

A few quotes that really made me sick and displayed poor word choice for anournalist covering the death of someone....

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson died Tuesday, aged 95. He was amongst the brightest and curmudgeonly. He went kicking.

Now that he’s gone, they can begin building the next iteration of the NFL, one that could include Toronto.
--This one makes me sick.

Wilson ended his life with a reputation for being stubborn and out of touch

Come to think of it, the entire article is offensive

CBF

Cathal is an infamous 'Buffalo Basher.'

He loves to ruffle the feather's of WNY. He's the guy I'm always tempted to write a review commenting on his articles.

In the sense that it's his Shtick to ruffle WNY feathers and homerize "big time TO" he's awfully good at it. My jaw dropped when I saw this and I think it was the very day Mr. Wilson passed away. I don't have a problem if he's intentionally exaggerating and overstaying as part of his pro TO persona. Every city needs these types.

It's important to note it's a column and not an article. Although I think his opinion is tasteless, ill-timed and faulty, I suppose he got the ok to print the drivel from an editor bad at editing.

A few quotes that really made me sick and displayed poor word choice for anournalist covering the death of someone....

--This one makes me sick.

Come to think of it, the entire article is offensive

CBF

It's one thing if its offensive, classless, but truthful. It's another thing to be totally off-base and offensive. This article managed to do the latter.

Wow...

I expected this article to come eventually...From someone in Toronto...But you're right...

Too soon? Jeez... :angry:

What's funny is, this article was linked on the front page of TBD, the very day Ralph Wilson died.

It has been great to be able to come here and commiserate with other Bills fans. Coverage of Mr Wilson on the national perspective has pretty much centered around "where will they land"... seems like nobody on the national level expects the team to stay in Buffalo beyond 2020. I don't even know if I will be alive in 2020, but pondering the Bills plight is really hard for me. Ever since Toronto became part of the NFL equation, about 10 years ago, I have found mose Canadian sources on the subject to be disrespectful in regards to the Bills, Bills fans, and their owner.

What's funny is, this article was linked on the front page of TBD, the very day Ralph Wilson died.

It has been great to be able to come here and commiserate with other Bills fans. Coverage of Mr Wilson on the national perspective has pretty much centered around "where will they land"... seems like nobody on the national level expects the team to stay in Buffalo beyond 2020. I don't even know if I will be alive in 2020, but pondering the Bills plight is really hard for me. Ever since Toronto became part of the NFL equation, about 10 years ago, I have found mose Canadian sources on the subject to be disrespectful in regards to the Bills, Bills fans, and their owner.

And you expect anything less...Lets face it, the majority of Canadien fans in any sport despise the United States and any chance they get to take a shot at anything in the US they will..Ever been to a Sabres Leafs game at the Arena? they are the rudest most obnoxious fans you will ever be around, they are loud irritating and mostly jerks, they however usually are shut up because they mostly lose here..With that said I usually never listen to anything a Canadien has to say or let them impact any part of my life becasue they just dont matter

!@#$ that parasite. He can put whatever spin he wants to on it and put a pretty little bow on it but what this dickhead is overlooking the whole Art Modell/Cleveland debaticle. We actually owe that franchise a debt of gratitude, reason being that Goodell will never want to put his name on another mess like that. That is the main issue of leaving Paul Tagliabue out of the HOF and Goodell will never want to be the one to repeat that ugly piece of NFL history.

Correct me if I am wrong but Canadian law is different and misinformation is looked at differently for the media in that awful place.

If we took time to correct the wrongs and email the Stars Bureau of Accuracy it would be fun .

Publiced@thestar.ca

In the sense that it's his Shtick to ruffle WNY feathers and homerize "big time TO" he's awfully good at it. My jaw dropped when I saw this and I think it was the very day Mr. Wilson passed away. I don't have a problem if he's intentionally exaggerating and overstaying as part of his pro TO persona. Every city needs these types. Are you !@#$ing kidding me? These so-called types are the problem with the media!! THE BOTTOM LINE IS RALPH WILSON TOOK A RISK HE DIDN'T NO WOULD SUCCEED AND HE BROUGHT FOOTBALL TO BUFFALO!