Tasteless article about Mr. Wilsons death by Toronto writer

I had posted this in the RIP MR. Wilson thread but out of respect for the purpose of the thread I decided to post my negative thoughts here and keep all the positive posts where they belong in that thread.

http://www.thestar.c...onto_kelly.html

I think the writer was tasteless and disrespectful in this article espeically since it was published 1 day after Mr. Wilsons death

CBF

was his name Rob Ford?

or one of his drinking buddies?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this article when it came out and I got really fired up. Extremely disrespectful in the wake of Mr. Wilson's passing. If they try and take our team I consider that an act of war and I'll be the first in the parking lot at OBD blocking the moving the trucks. Who's with me?

I find it hypocritical that people are up in arms about things being said about Ralph Wilson that were being said on this board the days before his death.

I think what upset a lot of us is the lack of compassion for someone who had just passed away.

While people may joke a lot about Ralph being cheap there is not one person who didnt respect him and it showed when it was announced that he had passed away.

The writer showed no respect for someone who certainly spent his life earning it.

CBF

I think what upset a lot of us is the lack of compassion for someone who had just passed away.

While people may joke a lot about Ralph being cheap there is not one person who didnt respect him and it showed when it was announced that he had passed away.

The writer showed no respect for someone who certainly spent his life earning it.

+1.

Also, I read this article the day Ralph passed. I got fired up, then realized that the writer was a classless POS. So that made me feel better to just disregard his drivel.

This writer is a symptom. Analogy combined with hyperbole and egocentricity insidiously permeates the news media as an entity. It's flat out disgusting. I wish that I didn't read the article as it exemplifies the oral/ fecal fixation that fiction writers/ pundits ascribe to under the guise of being a news source. :sick: For once, just the damn facts if tact is not a consideration. :beer:

I think the writer was tasteless and disrespectful in this article espeically since it was published 1 day after Mr. Wilsons death

CBF

Maybe you can point out the tasteless parts because I didn't see them in the article. Too many Bills fans thin skinned

And really, how does that article differ from the TBD thread "so what happens now"

I'm not going to read it because I have no interest in the article, but I'll just say that some attention seeking ass-hat always has to play the role of contrarian. It's just the way it is.

Agree, and I also did not read. I'm sure he'd love to have as many people read it as possible, but I am not going to be one of them.

Not saying we should boycott, or that those who want to read it shouldn't. However, I am just not in the mood for it, nor do I want to give him the hits to the article.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Maybe you can point out the tasteless parts because I didn't see them in the article. Too many Bills fans thin skinned

And really, how does that article differ from the TBD thread "so what happens now"

I posted a few quotes as an example earlier in this thread.

CBF

Wilson ended his life with a reputation for being stubborn and out of touch

I quit reading after this statement. So horribly wrong and disrespectful. The only time I can remember anyone claiming Mr. Wilson was out of touch was when he was 1 of 2 owners who voted against the CBA. Well, anyone who pays any attention knows how that turned out.

I've watched a ton of videos and read a lot of peoples reactions to Ralph's passing. He is described as humble by almost everyone and a very caring person who took it upon himself to know everyone in the organization and make the Bills a family.

It's pathetic what gets passed as journalism these days.

I find it hypocritical that people are up in arms about things being said about Ralph Wilson that were being said on this board the days before his death.

It's that age-old adage, jeremy2020...I can say my father is an !@#$...but you say it, you'll be sorry! :lol:

What's funny is, this article was linked on the front page of TBD, the very day Ralph Wilson died.

It has been great to be able to come here and commiserate with other Bills fans. Coverage of Mr Wilson on the national perspective has pretty much centered around "where will they land"... seems like nobody on the national level expects the team to stay in Buffalo beyond 2020. I don't even know if I will be alive in 2020, but pondering the Bills plight is really hard for me. Ever since Toronto became part of the NFL equation, about 10 years ago, I have found mose Canadian sources on the subject to be disrespectful in regards to the Bills, Bills fans, and their owner.

I would agree this is mostly true. Don't really know why, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact we have an NFL team and they want an NFL team.

Also, Bills and Sabres fans have a tendency to rip on TO and especially the Leafs. Many of these fans are what you would characterize as "loud" fans. I suppose it irks these writers sometimes and this is their way of taking it out on Buffalo.

I would agree this is mostly true. Don't really know why, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact we have an NFL team and they want an NFL team.

Also, Bills and Sabres fans have a tendency to rip on TO and especially the Leafs. Many of these fans are what you would characterize as "loud" fans. I suppose it irks these writers sometimes and this is their way of taking it out on Buffalo.

I agree. It feels like all their articles are writen like they are sulking

CBF

He mentions Wilson as out of touch, this guy has no freaking idea. As one of two people who were against signing the CBA that ultimately backfired and put the NFL in a lockout. Even at his "old out of touch age" knew what was and is good for the league. Id love to sit down with this guy, F&%KING Jerk

He mentions Wilson as out of touch, this guy has no freaking idea. As one of two people who were against signing the CBA that ultimately backfired and put the NFL in a lockout. Even at his "old out of touch age" knew what was and is good for the league. Id love to sit down with this guy, F&%KING Jerk

Well put!

CBF

Well put!

CBF

Just drives me nuts. If it was Kraft of the Rooneys saying NO, it would be all over the air about how great and smart they are. Ralph was one of the greatest owners of all time in all sports. You cannot judge the man for the fact that not all of his teams weren't successful. He is not the one out there playing, he gave power to the people he trusted to get the job done. He put out a product that his fans wanted to see and kept that product where he wanted it, where his fan base was.