Wilfork asks pats to release him

QB Bills

close your eyes for a moment....

imagine a defensive line of Mario, Wilfork, Kyle and Dareus.

it would be tough to stop smiling.....

I would instantly love our chances of not only the playoffs but much more.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

close your eyes for a moment....

imagine a defensive line of Mario, Wilfork, Kyle and Dareus.

it would be tough to stop smiling.....

are we talking one with VW coming off an achilles and a 330lbs guy at DE? that 4some might actually underwhelm.

Getting Wilfolk in the middle would be a tremendous upgrade. Him and Kyle Williams would leave no room for other teams to run up the middle.

As much as she is associated with Pepper Johnson I would imagine him wanting to play for a winner. But with Spikes and Johnson doubleteaming him I can see him signing a

1 year deal in Buffalo.

Hell, if we sign him, I would be happy if he just stood his ground in the trenches and take up a block or two. We just need a rather large guy to congest the middle running lanes.

that was my line. You dont read through do ya ?

Getting Wilfolk in the middle would be a tremendous upgrade. Him and Kyle Williams would leave no room for other teams to run up the middle.

As much as she is associated with Pepper Johnson I would imagine him wanting to play for a winner. But with Spikes and Johnson doubleteaming him I can see him signing a

1 year deal in Buffalo.

He probably has little interest in a one year deal at his age and proven skill set Edited by 3rdand12

Very premature because I doubt he'll be released, but...Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Honestly, part of me wants for them to keep him now. Keeping him means that they have tied up 11 million in salary cap in the final year of his contract. Very few people come back and have great seasons coming off ACL surgery. In my mind, it is unlikely that they keep him long after the draft, but having him on the Patriots as such a huge question mark is more valuable in my mind than the Bills getting him, even on the cheap.

Honestly, part of me wants for them to keep him now. Keeping him means that they have tied up 11 million in salary cap in the final year of his contract. Very few people come back and have great seasons coming off ACL surgery. In my mind, it is unlikely that they keep him long after the draft, but having him on the Patriots as such a huge question mark is more valuable in my mind than the Bills getting him, even on the cheap.

I thought it was an achilies?

I'd he is released and he came to this team rational and logical thinking asks what we would do with him.

20-25 snaps a game would be about all is want to use him. Rotation as he coming in ti spell Dareus or KWilliams work, or rotations where he lines up as the heavy/strong DT suit me just fine. Slide in Wilfork and bump KW or MD to the 5 and stand Mario up for a hybrid look - interesting thought. We have a lot of versatile talent in the front 7 now and we could do very well if Rivers and Mayo pan out to offer us more then hope.

Wilfork for 20-25 snaps a game would be expensive and therefore not worth it. When we can bring up another guy to play at the line

Most curiously I'd like to see Bradham come up to an OLB/DE position. He doesn't show much dynamic range on lateral movement but he is a forward thumper. If you could get him over a TE to get that knock on him and then have him cover what's in front of him yeah... not much about Wilfork here and for good reason

We have more questions then answers right now with D. Wilfork would add something. But not enough.

Why do I see Wilfork going to the Jets & having an all-pro year?

because that's very likely. However he doesn't fit Rex's style in that he is a plugger not a rusher. If Rex can get his hands on a DE I will raise an eyebrow. I'm surprised they haven't looked at Carrington.