Michael Sam is out.

agardin

wow, this thread is something.

There are already gay players in NFL locker rooms, and there hasn't been any problems that I know of. Now, it would all be in the "straight" player's head. It's really a silly, simpleminded complaint, but then football players are often simpleminded.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of sexual orientation, has no one else thought of how confusig it will be for opposing qb's trying to read our defense if we have a guy named Mike Sam on the field lined up as the Will?

Especially if that QB is bi-curious.

Is Mike Sam the Mike or the Sam, is he bringing pressure, and if he is, do I want to take the sack, and if I do, does that make me gay??? Try figuring that out pre-snap.

Edited by Jauronimo

I think that you missed the point. They have had ample opportunities to check you out before. Michael Sam wants to play in the NFL because he is a good football player not so that he has access to a room full of athletes showering. But to answer your question -both (a lathered up woman peeing in the shower).

I never said, nor believe, Sams reason for playing in the NFL is to stare at guys in the shower. That said, since he's sexually attracted to men it's only natural for him to be well aware of his surroundings in the shower. A lot more so than if he was heterosexual.

I never said, nor believe, Sams reason for playing in the NFL is to stare at guys in the shower. That said, since he's sexually attracted to men it's only natural for him to be well aware of his surroundings in the shower. A lot more so than if he was heterosexual.

Even if true.... So what?

I think he will be even more aware of his surroundings than if he were heterosexual.... to the extent that I'm sure he will be looking anywhere but at his team mates gentiles, because he will be anxious to act even more sensitively than he needs to. The idea that he will be thinking "hey tough loss today.... but now it's shower time.... every cloud..." is ludicrous.

Edited by GunnerBill

Even if true.... So what?

I love these types of concerns. This is pretty much how I see it playing out:

Q: What if theres a homosexual in the locker room?

A: There probably is.

Q: What if hes in the shower with me?

A: What's the problem?

Q: What if he stares at my junk?

A: I don't know. So what if he does?

Q: Well what if he tries to kiss me and I don't stop him!?!?!

I love these types of concerns. This is pretty much how I see it playing out:

Q: What if theres a homosexual in the locker room?

A: There probably is.

Q: What if hes in the shower with me?

A: What's the problem?

Q: What if he stares at my junk?

A: Unless he has a magnifying glass, you needn't worry.

Regardless of sexual orientation, has no one else thought of how confusig it will be for opposing qb's trying to read our defense if we have a guy named Mike Sam on the field lined up as the Will?

"Okay, Mike Sam, you're the Will. Watch that tight end, if he comes out I want you on him man-on-man..."

Foot meet mouth. Check out the last sentence from MS's father.

“My son did the right thing, and I am not against him at all,” Sam Sr. said. “He has made a great statement in coming out, and that he should be able to play in the NFL. I love him unconditionally. … Once he gets on the field and hits [someone] once, they won’t think he’s gay.”

Especially if that QB is bi-curious.

Is Mike Sam the Mike or the Sam, is he bringing pressure, and if he is, do I want to take the sack, and if I do, does that make me gay??? Try figuring that out pre-snap.

All the more reason to draft Sam, since we face tom brady twice a year.

wow, this thread is something.

There are already gay players in NFL locker rooms, and there hasn't been any problems that I know of. Now, it would all be in the "straight" player's head. It's really a silly, simpleminded complaint, but then football players are often simpleminded.

I think it's high time that the NFL stopped paying so much attention to red herrings like wife beating, drug abuse and steroids and focused on what is the gravest threat to football-as-we-know it: gay players and their eye-movements while in the shower. Where are their priorities?

According to the ESPN NFL division beat writers, the Bills are the only team with a 'High' likelihood of drafting Sam.

http://m.espn.go.com...ation&id=116406

I don't know how anyone could be said to have a "high" likelihood of going after a second/third day pick. The players going in those rounds are projects, long-term prospects, depth role players, STers, and lottery tickets. So, basically, to say "Team X has so-and-so, and doesn't have a need for Sam" kind of ignores some critical realities of the NFL. 53 guys make a roster, and some of those guys are going to be players like Sam who probably won't be starting on day one -- or if they are, are playing situationally.

I guess I understand making these evaluations based both on system and the kinds of player-sizes a team has a history of going after, but that's just educated guess -- not valuable prediction.