Michael Sam is out.

agardin

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you this one question. If you had a first born child on the way would you want him to be gay?

I'm sure that this has been answered multiple time, but I'll give my perspective.

I want my children, all of them to be the best person they possibly can be. I want them to see the world through open eyes and make decisions on what they see, not what they are told. I want them to be open & honest. I want them to treat others with respect. I want them to find happiness. I want them to be themselves and be proud of who they are. Their sexual preferences don't enter into the equation but how they treat others who look different from them or are different in any way are what is important.

Juronimo - Well at least I didn't spend hours reading posts from years ago from someone I disagreed with on an internet forum. :)

Like I said, carry the torch sunshine if it you makes you feel better, I'm al for therapeutic medicine. :)

See ya..

Tm-

I disagree. It is a real Rubik's Cube puzzle. Take a close look @ all the drama people go through. Playing devil's advocate here, many people believe certain sexual relationships are disrespecting. Just saying.

I am not feeling dramatic about this subject. I do however sense that you are full of drama about this issue.

Or am I all alone?

No, that's bad too.

Oh please, you're image doesn't come up, and I double dog dare ya to post anywhere I said anything like that.

Tim-

What browser do you use? You're an IT professional and yet you can't quote, view images or use any of the handy proof reading tools available to us simple "homophiles".

Hey dude, I’m no homophile.. I deplore homosexuals, and what their agenda is doing to our society, but I’m a stickler for the truth.. Your article although interesting tells me nothing, and sure as hell doesn’t support your claim. I don’t need to see a doctor to answer my question. I already know how HIV is transmitted, and to my knowledge the female sexual system is very adept at fighting off bacteria, and disease from foreign bodies.. I don’t dispute that claim, only the claim that it is male on male anal sex that manifests HIV? If that were the case, we would see it in more women who have anal sex as well, but we don’t, so...

Tim-

You were actually the sensible one in the conversation, to use the term loosely. But you still engaged these nutjobs and entertained the idea that they could support their lunacy with science. You are in no position to judge the ways in which I waste my time.

PS - The image was a fabulous pic of Freddy Mercury sticking his tongue out at you.

Juronimo, so basically you lied.. I never said that HIV can spontaneously generate from male on male anal sex. Gotcha

marginalize yourself much? :)

At least Freddie could sing.

Tim-

I never said you did.

I said you discussed the idea, which is true. You engaged a man who proposed the spontaneous generation of AIDS through anal sex. Even asked for scientific proof. I laughed my head off reading the absurd post that prompted the above response, and you took him seriously. So clearly you're in no position to judge how I waste my time.

You can imply that I'm gay as much as you'd like.

Edited by Jauronimo

Juronimo =

I never said you did. But you engaged a man who did and took him seriously. Even asked for proof. I laughed my head off reading the post that prompted the above response, and you took him seriously. So clearly you're in no position to judge how I spend my time.

You can imply that I'm gay as much as you'd like.

I engage anyone on any topic at face value. I always have, it’s why I’m so likeable. J

I don’t recall the exact interaction but if you say so then I’m inclined to believe you, but I might have been thinking in my head, well “ok that sounds silly but let’s see how he handles a challenge for proof:, or something to that effect. It’s funny that you noted that I was the more sensible one. That must have killed you to say it but thanks none the less, and is why I left that forum years ago. Even people on the right can be obnoxious, I myself have ben guilty of getting caught up in it from time to time, but I try to be reasonable; listening to all points of view.

By the way I wasn’t implying that you were gay.. LOL

Only that Freddie could sing. There was no hidden innuendo on my part.

Tim-

I move to stop this silly thread now. He's gay. Big deal. So are 10% of the population from all sociological reports on population studies. Who cares?

What I care about is how well he plays the run and pass rushing abilities. The only reason not to take him mid round is he could be a distraction on some cause in sports, like the Tebow circus. It's not like he has Mario Williams or Suggs skills. He's a middle of the pack 3rd rounder. If other teams pass on him and he's there in the 4th or 5th round, then take him and see what he can do. The players won't care. I've worked with gay people my whole life in different ways and worked out with guys. I;ve changed clothes in front of gay people and by the way so has anyone else who works out in a gym as you don't know if a person is gay.

Before the middle school in someone comes out, I'm happily a heterosexual married man of three lovely kids.

But we will not have progressed at all as a culture until the reaction to stories like this is "So what?"

Not even a little bit true. That'll be when society has fully progressed to where it should be. If you don't think that the differences in the reactions to this story today compared to what they would've been say ten years ago isn't progress then I don't know what is.

This is a guy who, while not an elite prospect by any means, would normally get drafted.

If he does undrafted and is unsigned as an UDFA only because teams want to avoid the distraction, I wonder whether he can successfully sue the league.

If he can the league office must be concerned with this.

But how do they force a team to pick him up and who exactly do they force assuming they can?

This is a guy who, while not an elite prospect by any means, would normally get drafted.

If he does undrafted and is unsigned as an UDFA only because teams want to avoid the distraction, I wonder whether he can successfully sue the league.

If he can the league office must be concerned with this.

But how do they force a team to pick him up and who exactly do they force assuming they can?

He's getting drafted....was SEC defender of the year 12 sacks.

Interesting hypothetical though, public opinion and espn draft coverage would go nuts. Nfl would get trashed by many.

Interesting hypothetical though, public opinion and espn draft coverage would go nuts. Nfl would get trashed by many.

You're probably right but he may drop and if so I can see it as the elephant in the room as far as the coverage is concerned.

When someone bites you will prolly hear a big sigh of relief coming from the commish.

He's already got his hands full with the concussion controversy.

Juronimo –

Bro seriously, are you reading right out of the gay activist manual or something?

Let’s take it one at a time, although I must add that you have ignored every single question aimed at you, but whatever, you’re a superficial debater, and nowhere near as informed, although, I’m sure you’re quite proud of just how super-duper tolerant you appear to others.

First off, a homophobe is a person who are they themselves uncomfortable with their own homosexual tendencies. The words definition was re-written some 40 years ago to reflect opposing viewpoints on homosexuality as contemptuous. Look it up sparky, the word never meant what it means today as a rhetorical battering ram to attempt to shame those that are all “icky” with homosexuality.

I disagree with you. On a lot more than etymology, but for now, just etymology. I looked it up. Oxford English Dictionary (the one that traces the evolution of a word's meaning) disagrees with you.

Let me ask you this one question. If you had a first born child on the way would you want him to be gay?

I'm a parent. Not a hypothetical for me. When my kids are to the point, not too far away really, where they feel they are ready for sexual activity, I hope the last thing that enters their minds is whether their pleasure makes me happy. Honestly, I can't imagine expecting my kids to run what gets them excited past me first. That's just creepy, frankly.

kj

The public is already going to go crazy, because some in the media keep saying, falsely, that he is a first round prospect. When he goes in the third or fourth, where he belongs, people are going to start foaming at the mouth.