A List For Future SB Half Time Entertainment

T master

Before the last couple of Super Bowls when they had some really good talent like Aerosmith, The Who, Paul McCartney, Madonna, i distinctly remember people here saying they need to move on from all the grampa type bands & get some younger newer talent - well how is that working ??

As far as i can see it sucks ! Beyoncey was less than spectacular although she did look great , The Black Eyed Peas SUCKED ! Bruno Mars was EH OK but not great by any means & the Chile Peppers never did like them !

Here are some bands that i haven't seen as of yet, AC/DC would be a great half time show ! Joe Walsh - Eric Clapton - Aerosmith one more time - Garth when he comes back . Has KISS ever done it ? John Mayer - Eagles - Chicago with Peter Cetera - Johnny Lang - Ted Nugent .

Can't think of more but i know there are some so i'll leave it from here for you all to complain about my choices & add some of your own ...

Edited by T master

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the last couple of Super Bowls when they had some really good talent like Aerosmith, The Who, Paul McCartney, Madonna, i distinctly remember people here saying they need to move on from all the grampa type bands & get some younger newer talent - well how is that working ??

As far as i can see it sucks ! Beyoncey was less than spectacular although she did look great , The Black Eyed Peas SUCKED ! Bruno Mars was EH OK but not great by any means & the Chile Peppers never did like them !

Here are some bands that i haven't seen as of yet, AC/DC would be a great half time show ! Joe Walsh - Eric Clapton - Aerosmith one more time - Garth when he comes back . Has KISS ever done it ? John Mayer - Eagles - Chicago with Peter Cetera - Johnny Lang - Ted Nugent .

Can't think of more but i know there are some so i'll leave it from here for you all to complain about my choices & add some of your own ...

as you first mentioned - Antiques and has beens.

the latter group falls in with the first. That is unless the NFL has Geritol as a new sponsor. Plus Nugent wouldn't get past Security (he wouldn't give up his guns).

Its a business and the NFL will pick whomever they think will keep the masses tuned in.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think, in general, the Super Bowl half time concert thing has played out...the only "classic rock" act that might get my attention at this point, would be Led Zeppelin...and I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that Plant would ever do that.. why not cirque du soleil or something like that...

Most of the "grandpa" bands sucked as well. The notable exception being McCartney. I thought Springsteen also did well.

My wife and kids enjoyed Bruno last night. I didn't, but I don't like his music. The peppers were simply sad.

I think last night was trying to do both. Bruno for the younger crowd and the peppers for the not so young crowd.

I thought that Bruno Mars was great. I am 32 so I guess that I am kind of between generations. I do not want to see them go back to the old guys. I don't think that they will either. The NFL does not need to attract more fans in their 40's & 50's. They are looking for the youth demographic. I bet that next year it is Katy Perry, Macklemore or Lady Gaga. My vote would be for Aloe Blacc.

I thought that Bruno Mars was great. I am 32 so I guess that I am kind of between generations. I do not want to see them go back to the old guys. I don't think that they will either. The NFL does not need to attract more fans in their 40's & 50's. They are looking for the youth demographic. I bet that next year it is Katy Perry, Macklemore or Lady Gaga. My vote would be for Aloe Blacc.

Love Aloe Blacc but he's not a big enough name. I can definitely see a Katy Perry halftime and I won't mind it for a second. She has some nice scenary.

I am 60 and this was the first time I really saw Bruno Mars, and I thought he was very good.

I also *really* like the RHCP, but they are one of those bands you like or hate.

Refreshing take.

I don't really watch halftime anyway,

but if I had to bet on who might be next , it would be Taylor Swift (or Katy Perry)

Either way, I wish that they would knock off the hundreds of people on the field crap...........fat chance I know.

Edited by B-Man

Let's just say we disagree and call it that. Well, that, and that the next time I choose to watch Aerosmith will be the first.

As for good acts for this stage, there aren't many. Prince was my favorite. You need someone big and charismatic enough to play to that crowd, and the music industry isn't producing a lot of acts like that these days.

I'd much rather see some local talent in every spot.

Based on the crowd pleaser at the Grammys, Daft Punk with Stevie Wonder and some other classic 70s soul artists could be a good choice.

I liked the ACDC request....but really you cant go wrong with my 2 requests.......

Pearl Jam or

Foo Fighters

In terms of Pop I hate to say it but Taylor Swift would be good.

Finally a long shot but Neil Young would be great with Pearl Jam