A List For Future SB Half Time Entertainment

T master

I liked the ACDC request....but really you cant go wrong with my 2 requests.......

Pearl Jam or

Foo Fighters

In terms of Pop I hate to say it but Taylor Swift would be good.

Finally a long shot but Neil Young would be great with Pearl Jam

Love Neil but the league is never going there with his not so photogenic aspects plus his politics.

Foo fighters are fine and appropriate but there is something missing there for me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im over 50 and I think Bruno and the RHCPs did fine, though I thought they should of ended with Higher Ground instead of the slow number. I'll agree with Curitiba above and go with the Pearl Jam or the Foo Fighters. Katy Perry I could watch, Taylor Swift not so much, that would be a beer run excuse. It is a tough gig to find someone appealing to a wide range of people but who can also entertain.

Go regional...try to find someone tied to the region. This one the Boss or Bon Jovi would have been perfect!

but it is such a tight rope to walk as far as pleasing everyone!

Just because the event can be cheesy I would hate to see pearl jam or the foo's do the gig... I Could see Maroon 5 doing one soon, or maybe Carrie Underwood.

Before the last couple of Super Bowls when they had some really good talent like Aerosmith, The Who, Paul McCartney, Madonna, i distinctly remember people here saying they need to move on from all the grampa type bands & get some younger newer talent - well how is that working ??

As far as i can see it sucks ! Beyoncey was less than spectacular although she did look great , The Black Eyed Peas SUCKED ! Bruno Mars was EH OK but not great by any means & the Chile Peppers never did like them !

Here are some bands that i haven't seen as of yet, AC/DC would be a great half time show ! Joe Walsh - Eric Clapton - Aerosmith one more time - Garth when he comes back . Has KISS ever done it ? John Mayer - Eagles - Chicago with Peter Cetera - Johnny Lang - Ted Nugent .

Can't think of more but i know there are some so i'll leave it from here for you all to complain about my choices & add some of your own ...

FYI no one cares what you want for the halftime show.

This country hates old people.

The Who? That was the saddest thing u ever saw. It was depressing to see them out there.

So none of the people you listed are going to perform at halftime. It is very likely not all of then we live to the next Super Bowl.

You better get used to the idea of Katy Perry and Daft Punk as the half time show because it is basically inevitable at this point in time.

If you don't like it just tune it to 97 Rock at halftime.

BTW Bruno Mars did a great job first halftime show I remember watching since Janet Jackson. If you didn't like that then halftime shows aren't for you.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I just don't think these kind of productions can really lead to anything musically satisfying for anybody, really. Trying to cram a bunch of genres of music together, in about 7 minutes, and please all the people, has, essentially, the opposite affect.

40-something here who thought Bruno did quite well. Having a couple teenagers in the house helped w/ recognition. Solid choice this year, even though he wasn't well known. I really don't want to see old bands; ie The Who anymore. I want to remember them for what they were, not the sad shape most are in today. Keep it contemporary; How about Pink? I'd go for Macklemore too.

The Who are my favorite band and even with that bias I thought they did just OK. I thought Bruno Mars was excellent. The 60s rock bands and 80s/90s pop stars super bowls are well past their prime.

I can look at Katy Perry all day so she will do, other than that I can't think of anyone. There isn't a band touring right now that I haven't already seen that I would pay money to see. Sad really.

I think, in general, the Super Bowl half time concert thing has played out...the only "classic rock" act that might get my attention at this point, would be Led Zeppelin...and I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that Plant would ever do that.. why not cirque du soleil or something like that...

That would be cool.

How about having the Battle of the Bands for the Super Bowl halftime. That would be entertaining, not to mention you'd have people with talent.

You gotta think of it from a marketing POV. I love Classic Rock. I love rock in general. I also love football.

Classic Rock is marketed to, and this is just a general statement of course, is marketed towards men between 30-55. That's also the general demographic for the NFL. So classic rock wouldn't bring in many more viewers. If you recall, the whole "Wardrobe Malfunction" happened, right before the slew of Classic Rockers that came.

Pop, and again I'm just speaking generally here, is for females, from like 12-30. This group, and again, just generally, don't care about football. So they want to get as many people as possible to watch.

Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks. tribute us elderly .

followed by NIN and a spooky light show and fireworks

then some hot pop chick for the kids waiting for the nip slip.

I was surprised i almost liked that Bruno Mars. The James Brown moves got me paying attention.

it was not bad at all

I'm 44. Bruno did all right. The bands just have to be relevant & still be good in concert. Rules out most 80's groups. Aerosmith is horrible in concert. The Foo Fighters would be good, but there done. I would be good with Linkin Park, Shine Down, Kid Rock, or even Nickleback. As most 15-50 would be.

I'm 44. Bruno did all right. The bands just have to be relevant & still be good in concert. Rules out most 80's groups. Aerosmith is horrible in concert. The Foo Fighters would be good, but there done. I would be good with Linkin Park, Shine Down, Kid Rock, or even Nickleback. As most 15-50 would be.

Nickelback? Most 15-50 year olds would be good with Nickelback? No, no, no, no, no.