REDSKINS!!!! Open to Trading Cousins

boyst

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4th ? They are floating his name to get an Alex Smith type haul . 2 and something no sense to give him away for anything less then a 2 or multiple picks 3,4,5, even that sounds light. I am not saying he is worth it but I believe that will be the cost

Could make sense for the Browns with Shanny Jr in town....if Cousins is any good, he would know.

that makes a lost of sense and the Browns have a bunch of top 100 picks

4th ? They are floating his name to get an Alex Smith type haul . 2 and something no sense to give him away for anything less then a 2 or multiple picks 3,4,5, even that sounds light. I am not saying he is worth it but I believe that will be the cost

that makes a lost of sense and the Browns have a bunch of top 100 picks

Except they aren't floating his name. He is floating his name.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I'm never comfortable giving an unproven guy like this a look, see Rob Johnson and Matt Flynn.

He did not look great this year at all. He had better value after 2012. If anyone give up more then a 3rd for him they are blind fools.

There is no reason to think Cousins is not the next Ryan Fitzpoopstick!

The Bills had Matt Flynn on the team and he never saw a down, and the same with Tarvaris Jackson.

At this point I highly doubt that they will trade for another maybe player. Besides this coaching staff is very enamored with Tuel and Lewis, and perhaps even Kolb.

I can live with Lewis as he showed promise. Tuel and Kolb need to go. What about McGown from Chicago. He's a nice back up that lit it up with the Bears when Cutler was down. My reasoning is he won't threaten Manuel, can come in at the drop of a hat, can teach Manuel the NFL, and we don't waste a draft pic on a QB in the third round.

I want offensive talent loaded up in the first three rounds. We have to do something about ranking 29th in the pass.

He is naturally being linked to Shanny Jr and interesting that he floated his name the day after he was named OC for the Browns. It would be perfect for them too - go get the DC off 6-10 team as your HC, the LB coach off the same team as your DC, the OC off a 3-13 team as your OC, and the (backup) QB off of a 3-13 as your QB. And give up draft picks.

I can live with Lewis as he showed promise. Tuel and Kolb need to go. What about McGown from Chicago. He's a nice back up that lit it up with the Bears when Cutler was down. My reasoning is he won't threaten Manuel, can come in at the drop of a hat, can teach Manuel the NFL, and we don't waste a draft pic on a QB in the third round.

I want offensive talent loaded up in the first three rounds. We have to do something about ranking 29th in the pass.

Lewis looked better than Cousins THIS year. Enough said. Just because Cousins LOOKS(size) the part does not mean he is a qb.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

He is naturally being linked to Shanny Jr and interesting that he floated his name the day after he was named OC for the Browns. It would be perfect for them too - go get the DC off 6-10 team as your HC, the LB coach off the same team as your DC, the OC off a 3-13 team as your OC, and the (backup) QB off of a 3-13 as your QB. And give up draft picks.

Is this "The Cleveland Way"? Unfortunately, I don't think Pettine's first HC gig will end well or last very long. He's already behind the eight ball with late coaching hires and a questionable front office and owner. His worst move has been hiring Kyle Shanahan, a bad choice as OC, IMHO. Shanny was a flop in both New Jersey and DC and I don't see that changing in Cleveland. Kirk Cousins certainly won't help. At this point, Hoyer is a better option than he is. The Brownies need to find their franchise QB via the draft. Anybody willing to surrender more than a late 3rd or 4th for Cousins is crazy but some GM will think that he's the one to make chicken salad out of chicken shite. That's "The NFL Way".

I guess we could find out what Shanahan thinks about him.

Cleveland could trade their second round pick for him and use those first picks to fix other areas. If I were in their shoes I'd think long and hard about this. Nobody knows him better than Shanahan.

Other than the Shanny hire why would Cleveland trade for him? They've already got a very similar talent in Hoyer on their roster. In fact I like Hoyer a little bit better.

Sad but true :(

Would be comical if Cousins turned out better than RG3

Well now Cousins has the official BB stink on him. :nana:

Seriously, the myth of Cousins is amazing. He was a 4th round pick and somehow became thought of as good. He's a backup at best. Thad Lewis is a better QB than him. But trading for backup QBs always works out really well!!! :bag:

I really think the Browns are going to do everything possible to get Manziel, especially after a "short" Houdini-like QB just won the SB. JFF was better than RW in college, his personality/character questions could not be more different than RW but that is something he can change, or at least create the perception he has grown up by draft time. I think Houston will take him #1 unless the Browns trade up and I have a feeling it would take a chunk of their picks.

Edited by YoloinOhio