SB Halftime - Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sucky half time music continues ! A couple years back i can remember when fans were saying to do better than The old Timers like the Who, Aerosmith, McCartney .

Then they did The Black Eyed Peas & now this , whats next Justin Beber ??

If they were complaining about the old guys which just about every one they complained about are music icons they should really be going off about this stuff !!

The sucky half time music continues ! A couple years back i can remember when fans were saying to do better than The old Timers like the Who, Aerosmith, McCartney .

Then they did The Black Eyed Peas & now this , whats next Justin Beber ??

If they were complaining about the old guys which just about every one they complained about are music icons they should really be going off about this stuff !!

Not a Bieber fan, but if he was all wasted and acting a fool, I would watch it. Could be funny.

I have seen many, many concerts on my lifetime- and have to say chilli peppers mothers milk tour is far and away the best concert I have seen! Their energy was incredible. Kiedas was doing back flips and running around on stage doing a handstand, flea was everywhere, they were loud, it was beautigul

I have seen many, many concerts on my lifetime- and have to say chilli peppers mothers milk tour is far and away the best concert I have seen! Their energy was incredible. Kiedas was doing back flips and running around on stage doing a handstand, flea was everywhere, they were loud, it was beautigul

I've seen them several times over these many years, but the 92 Lollapalooza was my favorite show... B-)

At least we don't have to watch Miley Cyrus twerk all over the place.

BSSM was my fave album in high school. Like most bands, they went pop-y and soft. To those vying for Metallica, isn't going to happen. Too small of a listening base, and their music hasn't been enjoyable to most metal heads since the Black Album.

So I guess I can occupy my time during half time doing other things. Perhaps refreshing my beverage cup or grabbing a few more Swedish meatballs and chicken wings.

Thanks NFL.

Yup, just like every year.

Halftime shows are designed to keep the women who don't care about football entertained.

I saw them at the all star race a few years ago. They'll need to improve on the sound from that if they want good audio. It was a lousy presentation.

I cannot wait for the dozen year it will take for Linkin Park, Eminem, Foo Fighters to do this. I have no doubt if Cobain was alive Nirvana would play the SB.

BSSM was my fave album in high school. Like most bands, they went pop-y and soft. To those vying for Metallica, isn't going to happen. Too small of a listening base, and their music hasn't been enjoyable to most metal heads since the Black Album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyu04pqC8lE

Death Magnetic is awesome

Blood Sugar was the beginning of their pop transition though. Sure, a lot of it is similar to their earlier stuff but more polished but songs like Breaking the Girl and Under the Bridge were the types of songs you'd never have heard from them on previous albums.

The same goes for Metallica. Their self titled "black" album was the beginning of the end. Suddenly their 8 minute jam-season like songs were cut to 3-4 minutes so they could get video and radio time. And tunes like "The Unforgiven" and "Nothing Else Matters" were the warning shot fired across the bow. When I heard those songs I knew the Metallica I loved was pretty much over. Even the much loved "Enter Sandman" is more mainstream metal than tracks on their previous albums.

i'll remain whelmed by this unless John Frusciante is part of the act. otherwise ... shrug. they used to be somebody i once knew.

jw

100% on the money. Any post-Slovak RHCP sans Frusciante = crap. I'm more excited to see Bruno Mars.

You ever heard of his biggest hit - Locked out of heaven?

Then listen to any Sting/Police song.

The year that song was popular, Sting came out and sang half of it with BM at one of the award craptaculars. It was a not-so-subtle way for Sting to tell everyone, "you're welcome, Bruno."

No band or artist has/will ever rip off the Police. They are a one of a kind band who, in my opinion, created their own genre that no one else has ever been able to master.

As far as solo Sting goes, none of it ever sounded anything like any Bruno Mars song.

If they don't resurrect Hillel Slovak and bring back Jack Irons to only play songs off of the Uplift Mofo Party Plan, then I will throw my television out the window and move to Russia.

Also, to whoever said Bruno Mars is a ripoff of Sting/The Police, you are a bad person and should feel bad.

im old, i know the stones and the Who were panned as fossils, but jeez, who is bruno mars?? the NFL must be caving to pop culture, why not a mix of chicago and the crue? any way, good time to pee while he is on.. .justin bieber is a lock next year

Edited by dwight in philly