Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that somewhere in this thread this was mentioned, but I couldn't read through the whole thing to find out.

How ironic would it be if the Bills lost Pettine to the Browns. The most likely reason Chud was fired was because the Buffalo defense knocked out Hoyer for the season and the team pretty much collapsed after that.

Yeah...what the heck?

Except it wasn't, in retrospect. Edwards was a bit over his head, but he wasn't fully oblivious to what was happening on the field. Give Edwards last year's defense and I bet you be has a better year than Wanny.

"Asked if Pettine is simply going through the motions to gain interview experience, Tim Graham of The Buffalo News tweeted that a source close to the coach said that he wants the job "badly." http://www.nfl.com/n...dan-quinn-again

Posted a little earlier in the thread.

Why would Pettine want any part of this circus?

Which circus?

I bet if you polled most fans on this website about if they'd prefer Marrone or Pettine as Head Coach of the Bills - they'd take Pettine by a huge margin.

And truthfully, I'd go with Pettine too.

Absolutely!

You guys can make jokes..

The leading candidate Broncos OC Adam Gase turned down a chance to interview with the Browns. While they are still interested in interviewing Seahawks OC Dan Quinn after the super bowl. They are also interested in current Falcons OC Dirk Koetter.

The simple fact that Pettine was given a second interview petty much means that he blew them away with the first interview. JMO

"And Pettine had a strong interview last week."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24416253/browns-schedule-two-more-interviews-seattles-quinn-still-in-mix

Edited by FeartheLosing

Cause people have heard of him! That automatically makes him a great choice. I'd be shocked if they brought Peppers in for anything more than a position coach. Likely he'd want to replace most of defensive staff which agai nto do now would hurt the Bill's much more than promoting one of their existing coaches to DC. The only way they look outside would be if they felt none of the position coaches were qualified at all.

If Pettine leaves, why do you all want Pepper Johnson as our DC? He has never been a DC and we do not need a rookie coordinator. It would be great if we brought him in as a coach for the linebackers.

I bet if you polled most fans on this website about if they'd prefer Marrone or Pettine as Head Coach of the Bills - they'd take Pettine by a huge margin.

And truthfully, I'd go with Pettine too.

(-)1

Cause people have heard of him! That automatically makes him a great choice. I'd be shocked if they brought Peppers in for anything more than a position coach. Likely he'd want to replace most of defensive staff which agai nto do now would hurt the Bill's much more than promoting one of their existing coaches to DC. The only way they look outside would be if they felt none of the position coaches were qualified at all.

I don't care.. he has 5 SB rings (2 as a player and 3 as a coach)...He has been on a defensive staff that wins this very division every single year for over a decade. I'll take the system he installs any day over Pettine's. Edited by YoloinOhio

"Asked if Pettine is simply going through the motions to gain interview experience, Tim Graham of The Buffalo News tweeted that a source close to the coach said that he wants the job "badly." http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316219/article/browns-to-interview-mike-pettine-dan-quinn-again

Posted a little earlier in the thread.

Meh. Tim Graham lives to make Bills fans squirm.