The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Going through my insurance paperwork for last year, for tax prep: doctors billed my insurance about $25k. The insurance paid a negotiated $4500 of that $25k. I paid $3800 out of pocket.

So the doctors got paid about a third of what they billed. And I paid about half of that, with a 90/10 PPO with $30 co-pays and a $1000 out-of-pocket "maximum." Something is not right with those numbers.

Makes you wonder how you can cut health care services' costs of you have no idea what those services cost.

I had a total knee replacement in July 2015. I questioned the PA about one of the charges for his services that the HC Insurer rejected. I didn't want him to not get paid. And we then had a conversation about the "billed" costs, vs. the HC Insurer's "negotiated" discounts, and the balance that would is left to the patient. It seems that Drs routinely charge a fee that is bust-out-MSRP for each procedure. They know the HC Insurers will trim it down - and that's okay with them. The reason they automatically charge the bust-out MSRP prices is because that's the amount that Accident insurances pay, and the amount that Worker's Compensation pay. Those cases are gravy for them. And, because the HC Insurers can show their clients that they "negotiated" much lower rates, their client - the patient is generally happy because they're left paying a nickel on the dollar of those bust-out MSRP charges.

Polls now show that Obamacare is more popular than ever. Given the reality that it may actually be repealed, more people now favor than oppose Obamacare.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/poll-how-popularity-is-obamacare-233700

There are two former Catholic school girls - Notre Dame academy. Toledo, OH whom have this in common. Both appeared topless in a film. Both Katie Holmes and the girl with a nice rack at the hottub scene in eurotrip appeared topless. The one girl I cant remember her name but knew her. She was Nicole Cox arquettes nanny if I remember correctly

Polls now show that Obamacare is more popular than ever. Given the reality that it may actually be repealed, more people now favor than oppose Obamacare.

Not surprised. Since the election dem pols and media have been preaching health care doom for many even without seeing a plan from republicans. Kinda like the supreme court nominee protests last night with people lining up even before Trump's pick was announced. Gotta give the left some points for consistency though.

They own health care now! I've been keeping an eye on my GOP House Rep and when he holds town hall meetings. Can't wait to confront him over how many people in his district will lose their health care.

I love when the terminally stupid cite popularity as the reason to keep something that's terrible.

Funny because the ACA is the old GOP plan......And the GOP plan is......

Edited by baskin

A broken record, apparently.

Talk about broken records...if you don't know that the template of the ACA was the brainchild of the Heritage Foundation and championed by Newt Gingrich in the 90's - I don't know what to say to you...

From what I understand regarding the "GOP plan" in its current progress....they are quickly understanding that health care does not behave by simple "free market" rules...you have to take into account actuarial risk pool theory, preventative coverage and its long term cost curve, buying behavior in high deductible formats....

The health care savings account plan Ryan talked championed doesn't work....

I will give the GOP credit - they are admitting the realities of the daunting task and the parameters that govern health care coverage....