The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Tell me how the government requiring people with cars to buy auto insurance is the exact same thing as the government requiring everyone to buy health insurance.

Use your own words.

We'll wait.

I honestly do not see your point. The government makes people buy both. No insurance, no driving.

No insurance, no driving.

Unless you're an illegal immigrant in California, in which case, no car insurance, no problem.

Let's see if we can work your noggin' to think slowly and properly. Try this. Simple yes or no questions even you can accomplish if you try.

Ready?

Does the government force you to buy a car?

Unless you're an illegal immigrant in California, in which case, no car insurance, no problem.

Let's see if we can work your noggin' to think slowly and properly. Try this. Simple yes or no questions even you can accomplish if you try.

Ready?

Does the government force you to buy a car?

No.

What does that have to do with the fact most people want one? And to get one you are forced to buy auto insurance?

Forced! Yet no one is complaining.

No.

What does that have to do with the fact most people want one? And to get one you are forced to buy auto insurance?

Forced! Yet no one is complaining.

Okay. Good job. You answered with a yes or no and were even correct.

Next question. Yes or no.

Does the government force you to buy car insurance if you do not own a car?

Take your time. Think it through. You can do it.

Okay. Good job. You answered with a yes or no and were even correct.

Next question. Yes or no.

Does the government force you to buy car insurance if you do not own a car?

Take your time. Think it through. You can do it.

No

But everyone sooner or later needs health care, which is the point. Heck, you are making my argument for me. On something of less importance people are forced to buy insurance, on health care it just makes more sense

No

But everyone sooner or later needs health care, which is the point. Heck, you are making my argument for me. On something of less importance people are forced to buy insurance, on health care it just makes more sense

Now, now. Don't get ahead of yourself. Stay focused.

Yes or no. This one is easy.

Can you can choose to not buy auto insurance by choosing not to own a car?

Because everyone needs it eventually. You against auto insurance, too?

yes. I am against anything the federal government tells me I must do. I do and have always done what they've asked, at least since 2002, so all my adult life.

And no, not everyone needs it. I've not been to a doctor in 5 yrs. The one time a few weeks ago was an ER trip to stitch together my eyelid which I ripped off.

So, prey, tell me... wouldn't I have been better off saving the money I put in to insurance to put toward the $2,000 for the stitches? Because, then I also want to know why it took someone $2,000 to give me stitches... 9 of them and 5 shots of barely any anesthetic. Maybe the gauze was really expensive!

That's why I stitch myself up usually.

Are you seriously so desperately stupid that you're dusting off the auto insurance analogy?

If you don't have a car, are you forced by the federal government to buy auto insurance?

C'mon. Think it through. You can do it.

you forgot the part about even having a drivers license. Which is funny because minorities can't afford or find a government ID

Now, now. Don't get ahead of yourself. Stay focused.

Yes or no. This one is easy.

Can you can choose to not buy auto insurance by choosing not to own a car?

Can I add a clue for this exercise?

Does the government force you to buy car insurance to cover your own property of the property of others?

Does the government force you to buy car insurance to cover your own property of the property of others?

And when you get that auto liability insurance does the government force you to get boaters insurance, whether you have a boat or not?

yes. I am against anything the federal government tells me I must do. I do and have always done what they've asked, at least since 2002, so all my adult life.

And no, not everyone needs it. I've not been to a doctor in 5 yrs. The one time a few weeks ago was an ER trip to stitch together my eyelid which I ripped off.

So, prey, tell me... wouldn't I have been better off saving the money I put in to insurance to put toward the $2,000 for the stitches? Because, then I also want to know why it took someone $2,000 to give me stitches... 9 of them and 5 shots of barely any anesthetic. Maybe the gauze was really expensive!

you forgot the part about even having a drivers license. Which is funny because minorities can't afford or find a government ID

Ya sure, until you need something done that is super expensive and can't afford to pay for, something that might have been cheaply taken care of with preventive care. But you let it go because...because you did not have insurance. I'd say make you get insurance, if you break the law and don't get it, throw you over Trump's wall

The dude is better with "Yes or No" questions. I wouldn't count on much of a response going with multiple choice. :lol:

You think you are smarter than me? :blink:

As long you only get what you can pay for in cash, and don't run a bill that gets passed onto the rest of us through higher costs and premiums, I'm down. When Healthcare reform is passed again, I think they should amend EMTALA to only cover active labor, and allow hospitals to turn anyone who doesn't have verifiable insurance coverage (OR) a credit card balance large enough away.

Just hope that stitched eyelid doesn't require you to be in CICU for a month with no ability to pay...

Smart is a relative thing. This has less to do with smart and more to do with you not understanding why you are wrong when you attempt to justify the forced purchase of health insurance by equating it to the optional purchase of auto insurance. Especially when one of your arguments is "Everyone needs it eventually," which is literally no argument at all.

Forcing a free people to buy something as designed by the government, simply because you were born here, remains one of the biggest frauds of the ACA. When you force free people to do something against their will simply because you think they should based exclusively on your ideology, you get what you deserve, which is eight years of politically losing every nook and cranny of every part of this country except California, Detroit and the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission.

You lose because you stick to your ideology, and your ideology is simply too ridiculous to successfully push on a free people.

No

Yes sooner or later everyone needs health care. But not everyone needs health insurance to pay for that health care. That will likely be one of the options the GOP will put in place.

Ya sure, until you need something done that is super expensive and can't afford to pay for, something that might have been cheaply taken care of with preventive care. But you let it go because...because you did not have insurance. I'd say make you get insurance, if you break the law and don't get it, throw you over Trump's wall

you realize I'm a farmer. And as such get everything I can tax free and such, yes? So... yes as long as I can I'll take it. So, thanks. Because you're a reason I save a ton on taxes.

But more to your point, that's not at all my point. When something highly cost ibhibitive comes up than there would be other options to afford it. Maybe sleep with 1,000 women at $10 a pop to make $35,000. Or maybe some really fat ones, like 10 of those for 1,000 a pop and make $50,000.

As long you only get what you can pay for in cash, and don't run a bill that gets passed onto the rest of us through higher costs and premiums, I'm down. When Healthcare reform is passed again, I think they should amend EMTALA to only cover active labor, and allow hospitals to turn anyone who doesn't have verifiable insurance coverage (OR) a credit card balance large enough away.

Just hope that stitched eyelid doesn't require you to be in CICU for a month with no ability to pay...

I get it. I am a farmer. I'd have Tiberius for brains if I didn't have coverage. But, I'm safe as !@#$, too.

With my insurance I'll pay out of pocket probably close to $300 for it. Combine that with what I'll pay out of pocket and I will spend far more than I'll receive.

I had an option for lower health care. 1/2 the cost but nothing covered until I am over $7,500 for the year. That would have been even more stupider

For the record, the Federal government does not force auto insurance. That is a states decision. And a state has no constitutional restriction to force you to buy insurance. The Federal government's ACA mandate to buy insurance has a very tenuous hold on constitutional grounds (calling the fine a 'tax').

FYI... some states do not require you to buy auto insurance (ala New Hampshire).

No, they don't. You can get by without health care.

You'll probably die young. But you don't need it.

And...you can CHOOSE to die young. You can CHOOSE to not use health care. You can do whatever the hell you want because that is what free people can do...make their own choices.

Unless you're gatorman. Or baskin. Or PastaJoe. Or birdog. Or any other far left crazy who can't wipe their ass without getting toilet paper from the government.

No, they don't. You can get by without health care.

You'll probably die young. But you don't need it.

No everyone will eventually need health care of some sort. Whether they choose to accept that care is another story and 100% their choice.