The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Oh great, Doctors work for free now :doh:

So you are completely unaware of how you can get health care without health insurance?

It's amazing you're able to breathe on your own. If you are unable to understand something a 6-year-old can explain, I'll leave you to the Tom bot.

Oh great, Doctors work for free now :doh:

So the ACA just did nothing then?

A pointless poster backing up a pointless point, how surprising. You are so worthless

What an amazing life you have :lol:

You have no idea how downright pleasant it is to let a computer deal with you while I go do something else.

By they way, I pay my doctors, cash up front. Health care sans health insurance. I can do that, because health care and health insurance are not the same thing, dumbass.

Edited by DC Tom

You have no idea how downright pleasant it is to let a computer deal with you while I go do something else.

By they way, I pay my doctors, cash up front. Health care sans health insurance. I can do that, because health care and health insurance are not the same thing, dumbass.

:blink:

You don't read my posts except for when you do?

So you are completely unaware of how you can get health care without health insurance?

It's amazing you're able to breathe on your own. If you are unable to understand something a 6-year-old can explain, I'll leave you to the Tom bot.

What if you can't afford the health care?

What is their income? Full time or part time? How long have they been at their job? What kind of health care do they need that they are unable to afford?

Why? You think there are not millions of people out there that cannot afford insurance? What is your point?

I knew right from the start your argument of insurance/care was bunk, and here you are proving it by trying to drag the argument down the rabbit hole

Why? You think there are not millions of people out there that cannot afford insurance? What is your point?

I knew right from the start your argument of insurance/care was bunk, and here you are proving it by trying to drag the argument down the rabbit hole

I didn't ask why they can't afford insurance. I asked specifics as to why they could not afford to pay for their care. Remember: care and insurance are two different things.

How can we determine how to help someone if we don't know what is specifically keeping them from helping themselves? If we don't know why they are unable to pay for their care, and if we don't know how much the care costs, how are we supposed to determine a solution?

Are you unable to have this discussion?

I didn't ask why they can't afford insurance. I asked specifics as to why they could not afford to pay for their care. Remember: care and insurance are two different things.

How can we determine how to help someone if we don't know what is specifically keeping them from helping themselves? If we don't know why they are unable to pay for their care, and if we don't know how much the care costs, how are we supposed to determine a solution?

Are you unable to have this discussion?

They just don't have the cash, like lots of Americans can. Sad, but a fact of life

Why? You think there are not millions of people out there that cannot afford insurance care? What is your point?

fixed again

I just modified the DC-Tom-bot last night to pick from a random list of insults when insulting gatorman. Would you mind if I added "You're not trying to make a point, you're just a jerk." to it?

I just commented on that in a different thread.

[This is an automated response.]

You're not trying to make a point, you're just a jerk.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.5.

Touché!

At least that's a new one.

I pay less attention to the Republicans than just about anyone. And even I've seen their plans for health care reform.

Did some Googling on proposed GOP health care structures.....They appear to be all "Fake News"

They just don't have the cash, like lots of Americans can. Sad, but a fact of life

But "they don't have the cash" is a ridiculously relative term.

Do they not have cash because they're poor or because they spend their money on the wrong things? How poor are they? What state do they live in? Do they qualify for Medicaid? What hospital is near them and what plan does their hospital have?

Saying you're going to destroy health care for millions of people when you can't even answer these very, very simple questions means you are not serious about the topic.

Get serious, would you? Stop looking for blame and start looking for answers.

Or are you incapable of that?

At this point, I have a fairly decent handle on what the Rs plan to do with health care. This comes from my own work on the topic, as well as what I've been hearing from others. It's not definitive. But the notion that "Republicans have no plan"? That is definitively false.

In general it is what I've been saying, in general, since 2008: HSA to cover day to day, huge pools of catastrophic sold over state lines. Pharma business done with the lowest bidder. Any of you investor types might want to consider online pharma wholesalers as a nice play to lay some cash. In fact, I wouldn't put it past Amazon to get into that business or Wal Mart, anybody who already has a huge online/shipping presence could make big bucks as a re-seller on economies of scale alone. If somebody were to apply for and get the necessary FDA docs, or already has them, Amazon would buy that startup just to avoid that process. The current pharmacies(companies who hospitals/nursing communities outsource their pharmacies, this includes pharmacists) will be in even more serious competition than they already are. Amazon may buy them. One thing is certain: the will be major disruptive change in the pharmacy business.

Much depends on how the Health Care Savings Accounts(HSAs) will work. Understand HSAs aren't a silver bullet. IF they aren't structured properly, THEN, they can fail just as bad as Obamacare. Also, the entire "consumer choices in a market of options" is touch and go. Due to the consolidation of health care systems that was the provider's pain response to Obamacare...there may not be as much choice as is thought. If the hospital system a doctor works for sets a uniform price/hr or service for her and the other 6 doctors she works with that do the same thing, and, there's only 1 system in the area?

So much for market competition. However, depending again on how the HSAs/reimbursement works...the new plan may cause doctors to leave the systems they now work for because they can make more on their own. Or, there may be some sort of hybridization, where the doctors half-leave the system, do their own practice, but pay a monthly fee to the system for admin. What is known as a service bureau approach. A lot of small banks in the Midwest do this. Where the nurses end up in this is anyone's guess.

Does the doctor rent them too? This is a big deal, because nursing activity represents a lot more of your fee for service, from start to finish, than doctoring does. This is especially true for chronic illness treatment.

So, nothing is cut and dried here. However, if this is done right? Trump may have a serious win on his hands, one that will guarantee a 2nd term.

EDIT: there's another investment opportunity here as well. But? That is for me to know, and hopefully few others to figure out.

Edited by OCinBuffalo