The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

I had wondered about the tax implications too, but I imagine that a portion of the demographic these signs were aimed at view their tax status as being reflective of their benefit status. I think it's free for some as part of medicaid, but I don't know. If so, then there wouldn't be a tax penalty for them - unless they have to actually sign up for the free version and then they don't follow through.

But yeah, I know a few people in food service who were really pissed when they were penalized on their 2015 tax return for not having any health coverage. I'm just waiting for the feds to start counting my employer-provided insurance as additional taxable income before I go ballistic.

If the democrats could have it their way your employer provided health insurance would be counted as taxable income, further they would count the 3% also included by your employer as income and any in network gained from using health care, etc.

If the democrats could have it their way your employer provided health insurance would be counted as taxable income, further they would count the 3% also included by your employer as income and any in network gained from using health care, etc.

I think you are 100% correct.

So on what basis are Democrats defending and trying to save the ACA? What is it that they can say to Americans using facts that supports saving it?

They are going to say X millions more people have insurance now. What they won't tell you is with a $5,000 to $8,000 deductible a lot of those newly insured can't afford to use it. I propose starting a health care insurance company. Premiums will be $50 dollars a month with a $1,000,000 deductible. Think of how many more people we could insure!

So on what basis are Democrats defending and trying to save the ACA? What is it that they can say to Americans using facts that supports saving it?

Not a damn thing. That's why all you hear from them is if the GOP repeals it grandma and babies will die.

They are going to say X millions more people have insurance now. What they won't tell you is with a $5,000 to $8,000 deductible a lot of those newly insured can't afford to use it. I propose starting a health care insurance company. Premiums will be $50 dollars a month with a $1,000,000 deductible. Think of how many more people we could insure!

No, they're going to say X millions of people have health care now, which will be taken away.

That's the one thing they've been completely consistent about over the past six years: confusing health insurance with health care, in order to get the American public to accept it. And it works.

That's the one thing they've been completely consistent about over the past six years: confusing health insurance with health care, in order to get the American public to accept it. And it works.

To an extent, I think.

Hillary isn't the only reason the left has been reduced to nothing more than California, Detroit, and the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission. Most people hate ACA, and I think they generally understand what a total cluster!@#$ it was for most people.

More people know someone hurt by ACA then will ever know someone helped by it.

Their style of politics has lost in dramatic fashion. Fortunately, they refuse to admit it.

To an extent, I think.

Hillary isn't the only reason the left has been reduced to nothing more than California, Detroit, and the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission. Most people hate ACA, and I think they generally understand what a total cluster!@#$ it was for most people.

Their style of politics has lost in dramatic fashion. Fortunately, they refuse to admit it.

I think I'm the only person in the country that knows no one hurt by it and someone helped by it.

And I still hate the !@#$ing thing, of course, because one anecdote does not a successful law make.

In many of these states with Republican senators millions of people have health care through Obamacare.

Many of the provisions of the law are popular

Blowing up the program will cause major problems in the health care industry and that means people will be affected by premium increases or loss of care.

Republicans have claimed they will replace the law with something that some had said will be universal in nature, but they don't have anything at all ready to go.

Its a lie that the program is not working. It is working. 20 million people have insurance through it.

And now we are seeing that reconciliation might not work as...yes...Rand Paul of all people has joined several other Republicans as saying they might not vote for repeal. Donald Trump has tweeted he just wants to let the Dems stew in the law--I guess this means just keep it?

To an extent, I think.

This is silly. The propaganda made people think it was horrible and people signed up for it. Was it perfect? Of course not, but the partisan nonsense blew its problems way out of proportion

In many of these states with Republican senators millions of people have health care through Obamacare.

Many of the provisions of the law are popular

Blowing up the program will cause major problems in the health care industry and that means people will be affected by premium increases or loss of care.

Republicans have claimed they will replace the law with something that some had said will be universal in nature, but they don't have anything at all ready to go.

Its a lie that the program is not working. It is working. 20 million people have insurance through it.

And now we are seeing that reconciliation might not work as...yes...Rand Paul of all people has joined several other Republicans as saying they might not vote for repeal. Donald Trump has tweeted he just wants to let the Dems stew in the law--I guess this means just keep it?

This is silly. The propaganda made people think it was horrible and people signed up for it. Was it perfect? Of course not, but the partisan nonsense blew its problems way out of proportion

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.4.

To an extent, I think.

The left was reduced so much the Dems got almost 3 million more votes than the GOP - and has outvoted in aggregate the congressional and senate races....

The left was reduced so much the Dems got almost 3 million more votes than the GOP - and has outvoted in aggregate the congressional and senate races....

And what does that change?

Edited by meazza

And what does that change?

Nothing.

He knows, or at least he should, that majority of those votes that he clings to are from California, both presidential and senate.

We certainly don't need to post again the large # of governorships, state house and senate, and the US congress #'s that the dems have lost in the last eight years.

They are a regional party, representing the left and right coasts.

This is silly. The propaganda made people think it was horrible and people signed up for it.

Because

A: they had a pre-existing condition

B: Didn't want to pay the TAX PENALTY

some real good options there

Seriously? Even gator knows those 3M votes came from California.

But hey...don't feel badly. In addition to California, you still have Detroit and the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission!

Thanks, Hillary!!! :lol:

ANALYSIS: TRUE. Bernie Sanders Says Trump Won Because Democrats Are Out Of Touch.

AND................back at the ObamaCare thread

President Obama actually had the audacity to complain about the media reporting unfairly about his signature legislation during an interview with Vox? Yep, he sure did:

Pres complains about news media: when ObamaCare worked well, it didn't get credit, but when it had problems, it got front-page.headlines.

Ha! Nice try, Mr. President:

Just wonderered where "worked well" is defined here.

C1gRzHUVEAEwSnY.jpg

Edited by B-Man