The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Evidently it's Bernie's and his supporters' fault. Does the man ever accept any blame?

President Barack Obama said on Friday that criticism from the left wing of his own Democratic Party helped feed into the unpopularity of Obamacare, his signature healthcare reform law.

But Obama also said Liberals like former Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders had contributed to the program's unpopularity.

Sure. As long as they provided it from the back seat, while Obama and the Democrats drove.

Obama asking Republicans for input is like looking into your rear view mirror and asking your kids if they'd rather go to Disneyland or Disneyworld on the way to the Dentist

Obama asking Republicans for input is like looking into your rear view mirror and asking your kids if they'd rather go to Disneyland or Disneyworld on the way to the Dentist

"Obama cooperated with Republicans! He asked them to give him everything he asked for, and they obstructed him!" - average liberal.

Obama makes a claim that he asked for republican input in the ACA back in 2009.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/obama-to-republicans-if-it-works-im-for-it/vi-BBxYM3r?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

I remember when they sat down with Republicans in a well-televised Obamacare meeting (it was the meeting where Obama reminded McCain that "I won, John,"). Paul Ryan had a copy of the bill, which was massive. Obama chastised Ryan for bringing a prop.

Because, let's be honest, Obama is a lot of things, but smart ain't one of 'em.

it think you will see a lot of these stories once Republican voters who have benefitted from the ACA begin to realize that benefit might be gone.... but lets be honest here, Ryan is no dummy, he and his fellow congressional members are looking at a relabeling effort, not replacement effort.... repass the same bill called the Patriot Health Act and the people that hated the ACA will be falling all over themselves to sign up for this incredible piece of market based, conservative legislation...

just have Trump tweet its praise, people will gobble it up without hesitation.

Edited by B-Large

Interested in how we got to this Obamacare craziness? This is pretty much a Gruber confession video.”

The biggest turkey awaiting President Trump is, of course, Obamacare. The Republicans want to repeal it, but some of its provisions will have to be replaced with something better, given that millions of insurance policies have been issued, and many other actions have been taken, in reliance on its provisions. Some kind of transition will presumably be necessary.

The problem is that enacting any sort of replacement will need to get past a Senate filibuster by the Democrats. As I understand it, all parties agree that the GOP can’t simply use the reconciliation process to repeal the ACA and enact whatever replacement is deemed necessary, the same way the Democrats passed Obamacare in the first place. This is beyond my pay grade: one hopes that Republican parliamentarians can outsmart their Democratic counterparts and achieve the results that their majorities justify, but this rarely seems to happen.

Obamacare is an unpopular program that has become progressively more unpopular as its effects–more expensive health insurance and fewer choices–have become apparent.

Michael Ramirez sums up the situation well: Humpty Dumpty has crumbled, and the task of repairing the Democrats’ failure falls to Republicans:

mrz010717-color_orig.jpg?w=600

It is quite possible that the Democrats have screwed up the health care system so badly that the Republicans won’t be able to repair it. It is also quite possible that if they try, the Republicans will wind up taking much of the blame from voters. But who ever said that politics is fair?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/01/the-boobytrapped-presidency.php

Edited by B-Man

i vote that once Trump takes his office we close this thread and begin another one. let this be archived for the sake of something to do with the way the board works or something because technology and aliens and stuff.

Interested in how we got to this Obamacare craziness? This is pretty much a Gruber confession video.”

The biggest turkey awaiting President Trump is, of course, Obamacare. The Republicans want to repeal it, but some of its provisions will have to be replaced with something better, given that millions of insurance policies have been issued, and many other actions have been taken, in reliance on its provisions. Some kind of transition will presumably be necessary.

The problem is that enacting any sort of replacement will need to get past a Senate filibuster by the Democrats. As I understand it, all parties agree that the GOP can’t simply use the reconciliation process to repeal the ACA and enact whatever replacement is deemed necessary, the same way the Democrats passed Obamacare in the first place. This is beyond my pay grade: one hopes that Republican parliamentarians can outsmart their Democratic counterparts and achieve the results that their majorities justify, but this rarely seems to happen.

Obamacare is an unpopular program that has become progressively more unpopular as its effects–more expensive health insurance and fewer choices–have become apparent.

Michael Ramirez sums up the situation well: Humpty Dumpty has crumbled, and the task of repairing the Democrats’ failure falls to Republicans:

mrz010717-color_orig.jpg?w=600

It is quite possible that the Democrats have screwed up the health care system so badly that the Republicans won’t be able to repair it. It is also quite possible that if they try, the Republicans will wind up taking much of the blame from voters. But who ever said that politics is fair?

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/01/the-boobytrapped-presidency.php

The Gruber video, very interesting. Unfortunately the entire design of Obamacare relies too much on the democrat principles or taxing and spending which is why it's a failure. Until we get more choice, personal responsibility and competition put back into the system, health care costs will be a runaway freight train.

repass the same bill called the Patriot Health Act and the people that hated the ACA will be falling all over themselves to sign up for this incredible piece of market based, conservative legislation...

Do you honestly believe the reason America overwhelmingly hates a law that intentionally drives their health care costs through the roof is exclusively because of who passed it?

That's a level of ridiculous we never see from you. The law was passed on presidential lies and undeniably sucks for a majority of Americans. Period.

Hmmph...So you are saying DT and the GOP is looking for a bipartisan approach now?

What kind of a retard are you that you get support for Republican hyperpartisanship from my criticism of Democratic hyperpartisanship? Are you really this !@#$ing stupid?

I'll bet you're even too retarded to recognize a rhetorical question, aren't you?

yesitis2.gif

Giorgio's a national treasure.

Of course, Greece doesn't have a lot going for it these days...

Do you honestly believe the reason America overwhelmingly hates a law that intentionally drives their health care costs through the roof is exclusively because of who passed it?

That's a level of ridiculous we never see from you. The law was passed on presidential lies and undeniably sucks for a majority of Americans. Period.

Most people don't even know what the law does or does not do. Costs were rising before Obamacare

http://billmoyers.com/2014/09/18/americans-like-obamacare-just-dont-call-it-obamacare/

But when they asked a slightly different question — “Do you think all states should expand Medicaid as encouraged under the Affordable Care Act?” — the response was quite different. Democrats still liked the idea, but with the mention of the ACA, Obama’s signature legislative accomplishment, support among Republicans and independents fell by 15 and 13 points, respectively.

What kind of a retard are you that you get support for Republican hyperpartisanship from my criticism of Democratic hyperpartisanship? Are you really this !@#$ing stupid?

I'll bet you're even too retarded to recognize a rhetorical question, aren't you?

"When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose."

Meryl Streep

One of your minions actually called me a jerk the other day? Go figure!

Most people don't even know what the law does or does not do. Costs were rising before Obamacare

http://billmoyers.com/2014/09/18/americans-like-obamacare-just-dont-call-it-obamacare/

"When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose."

Meryl Streep

One of your minions actually called me a jerk the other day? Go figure!

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.4.