The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Let's all take a moment and remind ourselves that members of both the house and senate exempted themselves from the ACA because they couldn't afford to cover their own staff employees in addition to not wanting to let go of the superior (AKA "Cadillac") plans they already had for themselves.

Baskin, Gator, that's meant for you.

Everyday I think that she can't possibly say anything more ignorant or unaware.........................everyday, I am wrong.

Pelosi on what happens if GOP fumbles with repeal and replacement effort for Obamacare: "I don't think they have any idea"

we-have-to-pass-the-bill-224x300.png

What You Need to Know About the Process Republicans Are Using to Repeal Obamacare

AWKWARD! The Repeal Of Obamacare Has Begun Before Obama Leaves Office

So all this could have been avoided if we had Universal Health Care from the beginning, cool

We already had universal health care before the advent of health insurance.

What you are advocating for is Universal Health Insurance.

We don't need or want that.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Let's all take a moment and remind ourselves that members of both the house and senate exempted themselves from the ACA because they couldn't afford to cover their own staff employees in addition to not wanting to let go of the superior (AKA "Cadillac") plans they already had for themselves.

Baskin, Gator, that's meant for you.

Huh?

I start and end with this: Our economy spends 9000 per person on HC...every other first world country covers their citizens for half that and does it cradle to grave. They dont burden the business community or local and state govt or have 6-8 delivery systems.

That is the bar we should meet. Surely this can be done using free maket methods. I have outlined more that once what inthink would be a structure that can accomplish this in the past...you can look it up.

I dont think the ACA works well

Meanwhile - as you can read below - most of the general public - like B man - are preoccupied with who is right and wrong - do yourselves a favor and do some research

Edited by baskin

5 Big Myths About ObamaCare´s Repeal — Busted

Original Article

Health Reform: Democrats are predicting doom and gloom if Republicans make good on their ObamaCare repeal plans. Aren´t these the same Democrats who promised that ObamaCare would be a huge success? Early Thursday morning, the Senate voted 51-48 for a budget resolution that marks the first step toward the repeal of ObamaCare. Democrats say repealing ObamaCare will strip millions of Americans of insurance, leave people with pre-existing medical conditions unable to find coverage, increase the budget deficit, and be a political nightmare for Republicans.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/1/13/14246260/death-gap-urban-rural-america-worse

Seems that preventable diseases are spreading in rural America. You know, preventable as in if you are smart, do the right things and have the personal responsibility to take care of yourself you are healthier. Rural people smoke more than their more Progressive suburban and city fellow citizens. And fighting expansion of health care resources hurts the conservative country folk more than the other people. And the drugs! :thumbdown:

Additionally, a higher percentage of rural Americans are in poorer health. Generally speaking, rural Americans report higher incidences of preventable conditions like obesity, diabetes, cancer, and injury. They also face higher uninsured rates in addition to fewer health services.

The opioid epidemic is also overwhelmingly concentrated in rural pockets of the US, as are the related overdose deaths.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/1/13/14246260/death-gap-urban-rural-america-worse

Seems that preventable diseases are spreading in rural America. You know, preventable as in if you are smart, do the right things and have the personal responsibility to take care of yourself you are healthier. Rural people smoke more than their more Progressive suburban and city fellow citizens. And fighting expansion of health care resources hurts the conservative country folk more than the other people. And the drugs! :thumbdown:

[This is an automated response.]

I'm not stupid.

Yes, yes you are.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.5.

The Dems took a wrecking ball, backhoe, and road grader to the US Healthcare Insurance industry by passing the ACA. We can't go back to the old "system" - really "systems". The Dems never were interested in entertaining discussion on Republican proposals, even though the Republicans recognized there were significant problems with the former status quo.

Subsidies aren't the answer, or at least the entire answer. That's just taking from some people and spreading the wealth around as B. O. would say. It's short sighted.

The Republicans say they have plans that will address pre-existing conditions, and allow for affordable HC Insurance coverage. They're up at bat. Should be an interesting inning.

And if Trump wants to strong arm American Pharma to lower their prices, perhaps he would do better to apply some pressure of the Canadians, Europeans, Japanese, etc. to pay their fair share of the drug development costs that are borne nearly 100% by the American consumer. THAT's the fundamental reason prescription drugs are so high in the US vis-á-vis their costs in the formularies of foreign countries.

The Dems took a wrecking ball, backhoe, and road grader to the US Healthcare Insurance industry by passing the ACA. We can't go back to the old "system" - really "systems". The Dems never were interested in entertaining discussion on Republican proposals, even though the Republicans recognized there were significant problems with the former status quo.

Subsidies aren't the answer, or at least the entire answer. That's just taking from some people and spreading the wealth around as B. O. would say. It's short sighted.

The Republicans say they have plans that will address pre-existing conditions, and allow for affordable HC Insurance coverage. They're up at bat. Should be an interesting inning.

And if Trump wants to strong arm American Pharma to lower their prices, perhaps he would do better to apply some pressure of the Canadians, Europeans, Japanese, etc. to pay their fair share of the drug development costs that are borne nearly 100% by the American consumer. THAT's the fundamental reason prescription drugs are so high in the US vis-á-vis their costs in the formularies of foreign countries.

Republicans are saying insurance is too expensive already, love to see them lower taxes, lower co-pays, lower premiums and deliver similiar care. Ya right!

Reality

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ryan-obamacare-cancer-survivor-jeff-jeans-2017-1

"Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I'm standing here today alive," Jeans said. "Being both a small-business person and someone with preexisting conditions, I rely on the Affordable Care Act to be able to purchase my own insurance. Why would you repeal the Affordable Care Act without a replacement?"

As Ryan began his answer, saying the GOP planned to replace the law when repealing it, Jeans interrupted to add a message onto his question.

"Can I say one thing?" Jeans said. "I want to thank President Obama from the bottom of my heart because I would be dead if it weren't for him."

Ryan said Republicans planned to replace Obamacare with high-risk pools, which had been used by states before the ACA was passed, so that Jeans and others could continue to get coverage. Health-policy expertshave been wary of this plan because of the low enrollment and prohibitively high costs in previous state-level pools.

Did some Googling on proposed GOP health care structures.....They appear to be all "Fake News"

why do we need the federal government involved in health care? Why do I need anything more than the county health clinic giving me antibiotics for my latest case of whatever I caught from whorin?

We have Medicare and Medicaid already. I'd do away with them if I could, but I dont rule that sword yet...

Seriously. Why does the federal government need to be a health insurance firm?

I am serious, lots of people can't afford health care on their own for many many reasons. Obamacare helped solve some of that problem. Now the GOP wants to take it away

they csn afford a cell phone, rims, or direct TV though!