Alex Carrington.... i don't get it

Webster Guy

I'm having trouble understanding why so many people seem to think Alex Carrington is such a good football player and will command big money on the free agent market.

The guy has 9 starts in FOUR nfl seasons. He has 4 career sacks and just seem very average to me. (i'll give you the fact that he's an awesome field goal blocker)

D line seems so shored up now with the signing of Branch, I don't see where this is going to fit in anymore.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble understanding why so many people seem to think Alex Carrington is such a good football player and will command big money on the free agent market.

The guy has 9 starts in FOUR nfl seasons. He has 4 career sacks and just seem very average to me. (i'll give you the fact that he's an awesome field goal blocker)

D line seems so shored up now with the signing of Branch, I don't see where this is going to fit in anymore.

i dont think anyone really thinks hes going to be a break the bank player, or that hes irreplaceable.

He's got the same agent as Byrd (I forget the guy's name), so it is assumed he will ask for a lot of money, the Bills won't pay, and he will be gone. He is/was a good D-lineman for the rotation, seems like a good guy when interviewed, but not necessarily an outrageously gifted/all-pro caliber player.

He hasn't really excelled in this defense, something many others have. Since he serves no obvious role on defense, he's probably gone at the end of the season.

He played two games in this system.

The coaches love him and if he wasn't injured would have signed for big money. As it is, Bills would love him back but at a reduced rate due to injury. He may not be able to work out for anybody which will hinder his bargaining position.

I assume Parker is going to test the market and try to get him more money than we'll offer, but in reality he's not going to command very much. In fact, they will regret not extending before his injury.

This team, mostly on the strength of its Dline, just set a team record for sacks with a game to play. Who's to say if Carrington was still playing they wouldn't have been even better, but there is no arguing that he's the epitome of a player that wasn't missed at all.

It also takes two to agree on a deal and there is no way in hell Parker was gonna let Carrington take ANY deal unless it was for the inflated number he had in mind. Parker screwed his client by NOT agreeing to the Bills' offer. If anyone regrets not being extended earlier, it will be Carrington. No thanks to his agent who spun the wheel and lost this time.

GO BILLS!!!

This team, mostly on the strength of its Dline, just set a team record for sacks with a game to play. Who's to say if Carrington was still playing they wouldn't have been even better, but there is no arguing that he's the epitome of a player that wasn't missed at all.

What is not stated here is that besides Carrington, we have been injury-free on the front 7. It is easy to point how his absence was not missed but one injury on the front 4 would have been a big problem. I havent seen enough of any backup to feel comfortable . AC is home grown, hard worker while not spectacular.

I would favor signing him to a reasonable contract worthy of a good backup.

its not just bills fans over rating him...the other teams we play mention him a lot too. I think he's a late bloomer asked to have a different role, hope he comes back

What? Really? Four years and 9 games late?

What? Really? Four years and 9 games late?

He, like others, on the D dis not have quality and consistency on coaching. Thi year, past underachievers such as McK played much better than they ever have. We did not get a chance to ee what Pettine could so with AC. again, if he has a relatively good price tag, I say we try to keep him. Do we need to remember the days of Tim Anderson to understand a good value?