Housekeeping

oman128

With one game to go that has now been Flexed to help the Patriots as the NFL always does to protect Golden Boy Tom Brady, its time we go down the list of remaining Free agents who may or may not be with BUffalo next Season.

Branch was just signed for a multi year extention today.

Moorman - may come to camp but he will have competition, hopefully the Bills dont waste a draft pick on a punter/ kicker and just sign a free agent.

Kolb - On IR, havent heard much about him since he suffer that huge hit, but safe to say the Bills have taken care of him and will release him in the off season.

Hairston - was on the I dont want to play football list , not sure why its been very hush hush, is he in drug/alcohol rehab , does he have a sick mother ? whats the deal ???

Carrington - Bills had big plans for him this year and then he got hurt, I think the Bills try to bring him back, I think he wants to play here and he gives us a good defensive rotation along with the Williams, Darues, Branch.

Stevie- remains with the Bills but Woods becomes the #1

The Bills go looking for a 3rd RB a new LG and a Young athletic TE.

How does flexing the game help the Patriots?

The game was flexed to force the Broncos to play a meaningful game rather then wait and see what Pats do at 1 and rest their players if the game turned out to be meaningless

Moorman and Kolb are gone, thought Hairston was going to end up starting at RT and would like to see them resign Carrington but I could see him getting overpaid by someone

Edited by Max997

With one game to go that has now been Flexed to help the Patriots as the NFL always does to protect Golden Boy Tom Brady, its time we go down the list of remaining Free agents who may or may not be with BUffalo next Season.

Moorman - may come to camp but he will have competition, hopefully the Bills dont waste a draft pick on a punter/ kicker and just sign a free agent.

I think he bows out at the end of the year and retires as a Bill.

Kolb - On IR, havent heard much about him since he suffer that huge hit, but safe to say the Bills have taken care of him and will release him in the off season.

I really want to believe he could offer something to the position in 2014. I am convincing myself that he is still an average to above average QB. The whole concussed thing is an issue. That he has not reached an injury settlement with this team and by all reports not even in contact with the teams pushes the hand. He's gone.

Hairston - was on the I dont want to play football list , not sure why its been very hush hush, is he in drug/alcohol rehab , does he have a sick mother ? whats the deal ???

Marrone knows OL, or so we are lead to believe and we know that we have holes there. Hairston leaving puts another hole in a swiss cheese unit.

Carrington - Bills had big plans for him this year and then he got hurt, I think the Bills try to bring him back, I think he wants to play here and he gives us a good defensive rotation along with the Williams, Darues, Branch.

Carrington could be on the business end of the NFL. The Bills will tender him, or should - but he could gone just as easily as water running out of your hand.

Steve Johnson has no business being mentioned in these types of discussions.

Who's the 2nd RB, since you have elsewhere consigned Fred to the scrap heap? You sounded so confident in that other thread, too.

http://forums.twobil...e-at-the-ralph/

let it go

I can't remember where I saw this but there was a discussion on "surprise cuts/trades" and how Marrone wanted to get rid of guys that aren't team guys.

With that in mind I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiller and Dareus gone before or during the draft. Especially since the report came out that Dareus was benched in the first quarter for being habitually late to team meetings. I hope that this isn't the case, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I also think Stevie remains with the team.

I also think there is no way in hell they're going to draft another QB next year. I think it'll be Manuel, Lewis, and Tuel again.

I can't remember where I saw this but there was a discussion on "surprise cuts/trades" and how Marrone wanted to get rid of guys that aren't team guys.

With that in mind I wouldn't be surprised to see Spiller and Dareus gone before or during the draft. Especially since the report came out that Dareus was benched in the first quarter for being habitually late to team meetings. I hope that this isn't the case, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I also think Stevie remains with the team.

I also think there is no way in hell they're going to draft another QB next year. I think it'll be Manuel, Lewis, and Tuel again.

Dareus has played a pro bowl caliber season. I highly doubt they part ways with him. Chronic tardiness or not.

There is no way they cut Dareus or Spiller.

There is no way they cut Dareus or Spiller.

I don't think/hope they won't cut them either. I was mainly thinking more of a trade situation on or before day 1 of the draft.

I think it was Chris Brown that said there could be some surprise moves this offseason. I'm still trying to dig it up.

Carrington was average before he got hurt. While he was given all the opportunity, he blew it. Hughes has taken over and played extremely well. Good Bye Kyle.

Hairston is also done.

Stevie - I think the Bills need to move on. They can draft a new WR.

Housekeeping? Housekeeping... well, let's see. Things are a bit of a mess right now, but it is the day after Christmas.

We'll be setting about putting things back in order today though.

Housekeeping. Huh. Shouldn't this be an OTW thread?

Right, that's how you build a winner, get rid of two of your best players because they are not choir boys!

Carrington was average before he got hurt. While he was given all the opportunity, he blew it. Hughes has taken over and played extremely well. Good Bye Kyle.

Hairston is also done.

Stevie - I think the Bills need to move on. They can draft a new WR.

??? Seriously? Kyle Williams? ¿por qué?:unsure:

I don't think/hope they won't cut them either. I was mainly thinking more of a trade situation on or before day 1 of the draft.

I think it was Chris Brown that said there could be some surprise moves this offseason. I'm still trying to dig it up.

Surprise moves would be Nigel Bradham, Eric Pears or TJ Graham. Guys that start that could be released.

I would be really surprised to see Spiller traded but admit that there is a slight possibility of it. There is no way however that Dareus gets traded. He is a 22 year old (I think) that was the 3rd pick in the draft that is just now scratching the surface of his potential. It is impossible to think that he may be gone.

Hairston, Kolb and Carrington are as good as gone. Being injury prone and an average player will result in cap saving release. Some starters will be gone. I look to the Offensive line as the most likely spot. The Bills are in need of competition at Punter and a back up RB. Both can be college/street free agents. The O line and LB woes will be addressed thru the draft. Another off season of "what if".

Yeah, I heard the Brown comments, so I have been waiting for something to happen. As I recall, Brown was saying it (whatever the surprise move is) could happen before the season was over...At the time, I immeidately thought it would be Steve Johnson...and possibly, traiding Spiller in the off-season. I am not advocating either move, but, Stevie has had a rough season...and then reading, a few weeks back, that he and Marrone had to have a "air clearing" sit-down kind of gave me the sense that, no matter what they say in public, the fact is "air" needed to be cleared, which is indicitive of some friction, uncertainty, or displeasure on at least one side of the situation. Then, I believe, I heard, that is was the second such meting this season between the two. So, I was kind of waiting for the othe shoe to fall, so to speak. But then, wither it is the holidays, or the death of Steves' mother, who knows?

As for Spiller: personally, I love the kid. I realize he has had a somewhat disappointing season (I beleive the NFLN talking heads named as the most disppointing player of the season, in realtion to all the pre-season buzz on him), but i really think that is as much a function of nagging injuries, and, frankly, poor use by the new coaching staff. Marrone, on a few occaisions this season, in his mid-week press conferences, has sounded mildly frustrated with Spiller. I know he is a good kid, good team-mate, so it isn't a personality issue. Just sounds like Marrone seems to feel that Spiller has some poor tendancies...would hate to see the Bills give up on Spiller, but I guess I wouldn't be shocked.

Even with a "diappointing" season like this one, I can't help but feel he is the most electrifying offensive player the Bills have had in many, many years. However, given his age, "potential" and contract situation, I can't help but wonder if they would consider shopping

Surprise moves would be Nigel Bradham, Eric Pears or TJ Graham. Guys that start that could be released.

I would be really surprised to see Spiller traded but admit that there is a slight possibility of it. There is no way however that Dareus gets traded. He is a 22 year old (I think) that was the 3rd pick in the draft that is just now scratching the surface of his potential. It is impossible to think that he may be gone.

We are assuming that Chris Brown ever has inside information. That is a leap.

Spiller and SJ have been disappointing (although injuries and poor QB play have contributed to both situations) but I don't know of any compelling reason to move on. Neither would command a high pick, nor are their current deals unfriendly. There is no indication that Stevie is actually a malcontent, just a colorful character.

Releasing Nick Barnett would have been termed a "surprise" by Chris Brown. I'm not expecting anything earthshaking.

ha,ha,ha,ha. No.

With one game to go that has now been Flexed to help the Patriots as the NFL always does to protect Golden Boy Tom Brady,

I've boned up on the science of this and by golly, its true !! Once again, the NFL has flexed its schedule to protect the best NFL QB in our lifetimes.

WOW !! Just when you think this place is calming down, the silliness comes right back.

NFL rescheduled for Brady? Laugher.gifLaugher.gifLaugher.gif

Keep em coming, Bro, keep em coming ! eusa_clap.gif

Players that play a lot that should be replaced or moved down the depth chart for an upgrade and depth are pretty obvious.

Legurski

Urbik

Pears

Chandler

Graham

Johnson

Moats

Bradham

I hear all of y'all that think qb should be on there, but ya gotta fix the line and receivers first.

Addressing qb again is like putting new tires on a car every year without getting it aligned first.

Players that play a lot that should be replaced or moved down the depth chart for an upgrade and depth are pretty obvious.

Legurski

Urbik

Pears

Chandler

Graham

Johnson

Moats

Bradham

I hear all of y'all that think qb should be on there, but ya gotta fix the line and receivers first.

Addressing qb again is like putting new tires on a car every year without getting it aligned first.

I think you are on the right track, but having 3 OL, 2 WR and 2 LB on your list seems a little unrealistic. No way all of those positions will be upgraded. I think that 1 OL, 1 TE, 1 WR and 1 LB might be more believable. And might be good enough. Ok, maybe 2 OL.

I think you are on the right track, but having 3 OL, 2 WR and 2 LB on your list seems a little unrealistic. No way all of those positions will be upgraded. I think that 1 OL, 1 TE, 1 WR and 1 LB might be more believable. And might be good enough. Ok, maybe 2 OL.

Yea I was thinkin the same thing. Maybe find a decent lineman in free agency and draft another. Then there's the Hairston mystery.

After the Tampa game I'm convinced something has to be done with that group.

Legurski

Urbik

Pears

Chandler

Graham

Johnson

Moats

Bradham

Dont you have to put the tires on , before you align it ?

I love automotive analogy

You are hired

It was started in this thread.

Thank you Rubes for finding that. I read that original post again and can't help but think that Dareus will be a surprise trade if Marrone views him being late to team meetings detrimental.

Once again, I don't want to see Spiller and Dareus go, and I hope they don't, I'm just saying that with CB's comments I wouldn't be at all surprised. That's all I'm saying.

Lol thanks. It's refreshing when people are friendly in here instead of always going to the ends of the earth to prove everybody else wrong. The 'I'm smarter than you are' stuff gets old sometimes.

That sounds like a bunch of mularkey to me.

We are assuming that Chris Brown ever has inside information. That is a leap.

For better or worse, Brown is the closest thing to a "!@#$" that we have. He is paid by the Bills, and he chooses his words very carefully...he has intimated things in the past that have come to pass, if you listen close enough. He seemed pretty definitive that something was going to happen... I don't think he would say anything like that, unless he knew something we don't... btw, if anybody had listened to Chris Brown, and only Chris Brown prior to the most recent draft, you would have known that EJ Manuel was going to be their first round pick...he was saying that long before anybody even entertained the notion.

Bradham is too good on special teams even thought the unit has sucked as a whole. Anyone who thinks we let go of KW a Captain needs their head examined. The OL as a whole was not that bad this year, we ran the ball at will most of the time, except for when Spiller literally sprints to the sideline like a pee wee player. EJ had a rough year and I really hope he lives at One Bill Drive in the offseason. Will they bring in vet? Yes I think so. But EJ needs t be a leader and get Stevie to pull his head out of his ass and actually take his role seriously.

Dareus suspended for the first half of the game for a violation of another team rule. I'm thinking he's going to be traded prior to or during the draft.

This sucks. I love what Dareus brings but he's got to pull his head out of his ass.