Wide Receivers?

Someone please tell me there's a Calvin Johnson type receiver out there in college waiting to be drafted by us. Or, barring that, another Julio Jones type. We need WRs badly. Any college fans out there know of anyone that's coming available this year?

The big 3 names at the top of most draftboards are Mike Evans from TAMU, Sammy Watkins from Clem, & Marquise Lee from USC. Evans is a big 6'5" 225lb guy. He's not as athletic as Calvin Johnson, but he's got good hands. Watkins is around 6' 205lb and has kind of a RB build. He can go deep but YAC is his bread & butter. Lee is around 6' 200lb and is a great all around receiver who excels at intermediate & deep routes.

Someone please tell me there's a Calvin Johnson type receiver out there in college waiting to be drafted by us. Or, barring that, another Julio Jones type. We need WRs badly. Any college fans out there know of anyone that's coming available this year?

no worries, we wouldnt be drafting high enough to get them anyway

One guy who I'd really like to draft IF he declares is Kelvin Benjamin. He may need a year or so to develop but this kid will be a beast. He's 6'4 230 and runs in the 4.4/4.5 range. He comes from Glades Central HS right up the road from me which breeds NFL players. Just to name a few off the top of my head:

Fred Taylor

Santonio Holmes

Anquan Boldin

Reidel Anthony

Louis Oliver

Travis Benjamin

I played against Belle Glade all 4 years in HS. I've watched Fred Taylor up close and personally and I've seen Boldin from the stands when he was a QB(he was a year or two behimd me). I've gone to games from time to time since those days and I can tell you that this kid Benjamin took over a game like no one else that school has had since either of those guys.

One guy who I'd really like to draft IF he declares is Kelvin Benjamin. He may need a year or so to develop but this kid will be a beast. He's 6'4 230 and runs in the 4.4/4.5 range. He comes from Glades Central HS right up the road from me which breeds NFL players. Just to name a few off the top of my head:

Fred Taylor

Santonio Holmes

Anquan Boldin

Reidel Anthony

Louis Oliver

Travis Benjamin

I played against Belle Glade all 4 years in HS. I've watched Fred Taylor up close and personally and I've seen Boldin from the stands when he was a QB(he was a year or two behimd me). I've gone to games from time to time since those days and I can tell you that this kid Benjamin took over a game like no one else that school has had since either of those guys.

I may be in the minority but I think that he is going to be not just a good player but a star. Late in the season he was consistently the best player on the field (and his team is loaded). He is a little raw but unbelievably gifted. I really like all 4 of those guys and I think that Benjamin would probably be the 4th one of them off the board at this point. I think that he will end up as the best which is saying something.

He wasn't very good vs LSU. Of the WR who look to be going in the 1st rd, he's the guy i'd want for the Bills. Watkins is 6'1 and I think Lee is around 6'. Evans is listed at 6'5. If they want to help Manuel and because he's a 1st rd guy I think they do he makes the most sense. Unfortunately the best WR prospect in Beckham-Green isn't eligible to 2015. So it goes for the Bills.

You want someone who would help EJ, Mike Evans is the guy. Praying the Bills spend there 1st round pick on him this offseason. This is a must watch video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE2dcmtpgAw

I know it won't happen because It is the no brainer thing for this clown organization to do. Mike Evans should be the pick for the Buffalo Bills.

I'm no scout so it's tough to say. Love the idea of having a big WR. In fact I think it's a primary need for Buffalo.

My concern from this video is that he seems really slow to me. How's he going to stack up against studs week in a week out.

The vid isn't a great representation of Evan's talent. Based on the original vid, I'd say he was a tall, but fairly mediocre WR. If you watch other vids it's obvious the kid has talent, but I'm not necessarily sold on him early in the first.

I'm no scout so it's tough to say. Love the idea of having a big WR. In fact I think it's a primary need for Buffalo.

My concern from this video is that he seems really slow to me. How's he going to stack up against studs week in a week out.

If his 4.52 40 time at A&M is true (which is always dubious) then he is not slow. Sometimes when a dude that size runs fast it doesn't look fast. Or he actually not fast.

His combine 40 Time is going to be interesting.

FYI Robert Woods ran a 4.51.

If his 4.52 40 time at A&M is true (which is always dubious) then he is not slow. Sometimes when a dude that size runs fast it doesn't look fast. Or he actually not fast.

His combine 40 Time is going to be interesting.

FYI Robert Woods ran a 4.51.

Definitely going to be interesting. He's got to be on the radar for Buffalo. In theory it sounds awesome. He's been uber productive on a great team. Fits a huge need for Buffalo. Probably value around our draft slot.

If the kid put on some more muscle maybe he'd be the next JGraham.

Fred Taylor

Santonio Holmes

Anquan Boldin

Reidel Anthony

Louis Oliver

Travis Benjamin

Yeah I'm interested in that dude. I'm going to be watching him closely in the National Championship game.

For Some Reason I thought he was a true sophomore. He is a redshirt Sophomore and will be 23 on draft day 2014. So he is probably going to come out. Especially if he has a good BCS Championship game.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You want someone who would help EJ, Mike Evans is the guy. Praying the Bills spend there 1st round pick on him this offseason. This is a must watch video.

Is that video a good indication of his play? If it is it doesn't show him in a very good light IMO.

In that whole 14mins of virtually continuous Evans plays he manages just one contested catch and one high pressure catch(with many, many contested and high pressure balls being dropped). He also dropped a large number(at least to my eyes) of uncontested balls.

He may be big and athletic......and be able to break away from his college level CBs.......but his hand skills were on poor display in that video.

Woods or Goodwin seem to be able to get open enough to make all of the sort of catches Evans made in that video......if we draft a big physical WR, I want him to be able to go up and get the contested balls, not drop 95% of them.

Edited by Dibs

The big 3 names at the top of most draftboards are Mike Evans from TAMU, Sammy Watkins from Clem, & Marquise Lee from USC. Evans is a big 6'5" 225lb guy. He's not as athletic as Calvin Johnson, but he's got good hands. Watkins is around 6' 205lb and has kind of a RB build. He can go deep but YAC is his bread & butter. Lee is around 6' 200lb and is a great all around receiver who excels at intermediate & deep routes.

Allen Robinson is a big good hands WR that makes alot of tough catches.

Also Devon Cajuste 6'4" 228 from stanford is another big athletic WR if he comes out.

Definitely going to be interesting. He's got to be on the radar for Buffalo. In theory it sounds awesome. He's been uber productive on a great team. Fits a huge need for Buffalo. Probably value around our draft slot.

If the kid put on some more muscle maybe he'd be the next JGraham.

Graham? don't curse the poor kid.

Evans is interesting but might have some trouble getting separation in the NFL. A guy like Seferian Jenkins at TE out of Washington could be the go up and get it guy in the red zone and could be a force over the middle.

Another guy is Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers, who just declared. He's a big guy who can go up and get it. Could be there in the middle rounds with some big upside.

He looks slow, and doesn't move very well. It's like he has poor body control, and is overexerting himself, flailing around with wasted body motion.

Evans is the guy who has made Manziel better than he is. Manziel runs around, tosses up a jump ball, and Evans highpoints it. Evans is not fast, but think of him as a tight end with good catching skills. He'll be there at our pick in RD1. In RD2, Brandon Coleman of Rutgers is the big guy. If you don't get one of them, Moncrief or Martavis Bryant should be there on Day 3, but they've been less than stellar at times...inconsistent. http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2014-Draft.asp

Is that video a good indication of his play? If it is it doesn't show him in a very good light IMO.

In that whole 14mins of virtually continuous Evans plays he manages just one contested catch and one high pressure catch(with many, many contested and high pressure balls being dropped). He also dropped a large number(at least to my eyes) of uncontested balls.

He may be big and athletic......and be able to break away from his college level CBs.......but his hand skills were on poor display in that video.

Woods or Goodwin seem to be able to get open enough to make all of the sort of catches Evans made in that video......if we draft a big physical WR, I want him to be able to go up and get the contested balls, not drop 95% of them.

Can you give me 3 time stamps that show drops.

I don't see one.

Allen Robinson is a big good hands WR that makes alot of tough catches.

Also Devon Cajuste 6'4" 228 from stanford is another big athletic WR if he comes out.

Robinson has a Woods body type and is 6'3". He'd be a good RD2 alternative if coleman's been picked.

Forgot about Cajuste. Wonder if he'd declare, I wouldn't if I were him.

DJ Coles of VaTech is zooming up our board, he's a solid guy who may end up in the 3rd or 4th round.

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-WRs-2014-Draft.asp