Lewis to start / Manuel out

26CornerBlitz

how many starting QB's are even first round picks any more. Kaepernic, Wilson, Brees, Brady. The best QB of the last draft wasn't taken in the first. Manuel shouldn't have been taken that high. If draft position directly related NFL production you're point would be valid.

Next year everyone will be using this year as EJ's excuse for under performing. I'm not cool with that. Draft some real competition.

Brees and Kapernic were nearly first round picks. In addition, your odds of hitting on a QB are a lot better in the first round and early second than later in the draft. While it would be nice to get a franchise QB after round #1, it is not likely to happen.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many starting QB's are even first round picks any more. Kaepernic, Wilson, Brees, Brady. The best QB of the last draft wasn't taken in the first. Manuel shouldn't have been taken that high. If draft position directly related NFL production you're point would be valid.

Next year everyone will be using this year as EJ's excuse for under performing. I'm not cool with that. Draft some real competition.

I made this point to a friend yesterday.

A lot of the teams with elite QB's have them out of dumb luck:

1) Brady-- late round lucky pick

2) Rodgers-- spectacular fall in the draft

3) Brees-- nobody wanted him/injured shoulder

4) Russell Wilson-- huge fall in the draft/not expected to be as good as he is

The only real recent sure-fire QB 1st round picks have been Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

The other 1st round QB picks (with maybe the exception of Roethlisberger, and Eli for a few years) haven't been worth 1st rounders.

The bottom line is that Bills need to be lucky, not good, when it comes to finding the next QB.

I made this point to a friend yesterday.

A lot of the teams with elite QB's have them out of dumb luck:

1) Brady-- late round lucky pick

2) Rodgers-- spectacular fall in the draft

3) Brees-- nobody wanted him/injured shoulder

4) Russell Wilson-- huge fall in the draft/not expected to be as good as he is

The only real recent sure-fire QB 1st round picks have been Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.

The other 1st round QB picks (with maybe the exception of Roethlisberger, and Eli for a few years) haven't been worth 1st rounders.

The bottom line is that Bills need to be lucky, not good, when it comes to finding the next QB.

and in order to get lucky, you gotta buy a ticket. keep drafting QB's until you get it right.

I don't see the Bills drafting a QB in the first round. They may pick one up in the middle rounds. EJ is their man for now. As it stands now the Bills will draft 9th. 5 teams drafting higher have QB needs: Houston (1), Oakland (3), Jacksonville (4), Cleveland (6) and Minnesota (7). I think that EJ came back too early from his first knee injury. Give him an off season to heal. It would be wise to sign a veteran QB to be a adequate failsafe if he gets injured next season. Keep one of the young guys as a developmental QB. Fix the offensive line would be the first order of business in the off season. Better line equals a better offense.

I don't see the Bills drafting a QB in the first round. They may pick one up in the middle rounds. EJ is their man for now. As it stands now the Bills will draft 9th. 5 teams drafting higher have QB needs: Houston (1), Oakland (3), Jacksonville (4), Cleveland (6) and Minnesota (7). I think that EJ came back too early from his first knee injury. Give him an off season to heal. It would be wise to sign a veteran QB to be a adequate failsafe if he gets injured next season. Keep one of the young guys as a developmental QB. Fix the offensive line would be the first order of business in the off season. Better line equals a better offense.

OR

EJ is frail. He has a long lengthy frame that can not stand the hits of the NFL.

To me EJ appears to play best when he is able to be mobile, however his body can not take NFL hits. So where does that leave you? trying to turn a mobile QB into a pocket passer? That has trouble written all over it.

Bills blew another first round pick, great!

OR

EJ is frail. He has a long lengthy frame that can not stand the hits of the NFL.

To me EJ appears to play best when he is able to be mobile, however his body can not take NFL hits. So where does that leave you? trying to turn a mobile QB into a pocket passer? That has trouble written all over it.

EJ's a pocket passer who has mobility, not an RGIII clone...

OR

That's a massive misrepresentation. EJ's injuries have come from direct contact with the knee cap on both occasions...a lot of guys get hurt like that (Brady, for instance). It says nothing of his body's ability to take a hit.

He's 240 lbs; he's not frail.

That's a massive misrepresentation. EJ's injuries have come from direct contact with the knee cap on both occasions...a lot of guys get hurt like that (Brady, for instance). It says nothing of his body's ability to take a hit.

He's 240 lbs; he's not frail.

He's had three knee injuries in his first season, and not on the same knee. Is there any point in denying that he is injury prone? How many injuries does EJ sustain before we can all agree that he is injury prone? And, what does his weight have to do with it?

He's had three knee injuries in his first season, and not on the same knee. Is there any point in denying that he is injury prone? How many injuries does EJ sustain before we can all agree that he is injury prone? And, what does his weight have to do with it?

So in your opinion, people should just be fine with direct force contact to their knees, otherwise they are injury prone?

Makes sense.

Would you call him injury prone if he just tore all his ligaments in his knee the first time, therefore ending his season?

So in your opinion, people should just be fine with direct force contact to their knees, otherwise they are injury prone?

Makes sense.

Would you call him injury prone if he just tore all his ligaments in his knee the first time, therefore ending his season?

It's the number of injuries, not the severity that matters. Look at Locker. Hurt for half of last year. Comes in this year, gets hurt. Comes back and gets hurt again. That's injury prone 101, which means you are prone to injury. You get injured. More than usual. Injury prone.

As of right now, EJ looks injury prone. May he never get hurt again? Sure. But no one knows that, all we know is 3 injuries in 1 season is not a good look.

Edited by FireChan

It's the number of injuries, not the severity that matters. Look at Locker. Hurt for half of last year. Comes in this year, gets hurt. Comes back and gets hurt again. That's injury prone 101, which means you are prone to injury. You get injured. More than usual. Injury prone.

As of right now, EJ looks injury prone. May he never get hurt again? Sure. But no one knows that, all we know is 3 injuries in 1 season is not a good look.

RGIII tears his ACL, that's fine cause it's 1 injury? Ok.

RGIII tears his ACL, that's fine cause it's 1 injury? Ok.

That doesn't make him injury prone. I'm not going to quantify a guy who tore his ACL and a guy who can't play 4 games in a row and which is better.

Why do you consider Kolb injury prone? Is it cause he had one bad concussion? Or is he unreliable because he gets hurt every week?

Edited by FireChan

I'm driving up 6 hrs from columbus to sit out in the freezing cold to watch backups on one of the worst teams in the NFL? Why do I do this to myself

it wont be all That cold and Thaddeus is truly fun to watch . Excitable guy who could win this one,

But dress for lotsa rain

incorrect.

the correct answer is "never".

please re read the question carefully Mr House .

that is all.

how many starting QB's are even first round picks any more......

For 2013 season starters....22 of 32 (with another 2 coming from the top 4 in round 2[picks 33-36])

1st rounders:

P. Manning

Brees(pick #32 would be a 1st rounder in today's league)

Stafford

Rivers

Roethisberger

Ryan

Palmer

Tannehill

Flacco

E. Manning

Luck

RG3

Smith

Newton