Congratulations Russ Brandon!!!!

Open Letter to russ brandon,

You have finally made the team so un-watchable that moving the team to another city looks appealing!!! The product on the field has gotten so abysmal that the thought of playing a meaningless game in Jacksonville, where I actually have free tickets to go see, make my stomach hurt. Your plan of fielding a garbage product that forces attendance to drop and making the team's viability in WNY seem overwhelming to a highly populated area has worked to a T. I would applaud you in standing fashion, but it seems you have tried to make the product so crappy that even the Toronto populous, sports writers, and elected officials don't want this pile of hapless crap. Your constant efforts have defied all statistical odds, where it is actually statistically harder to suck for this long, than to occasionally be "sort-of" good. At this point I'm dreaming of a 7-9 season, and you've made that seem like a success.... congrats again on that one. Ohh and another golf clap for bringing back the miserable 70's in Blue Pants fashion. Nothing screams of piss-poor, decades long suffering like the classic, blunder filled 70's digs. Finally, an honorable mention goes to the stadium lease with lots of "out Clauses" and little trap door gems written into it that will make for an easy and clean break... well played, and you thought you could slip that one by the fans.... well you did on most of them.

Signed,

Your biggest fan.

Vent away but the NFL today is about the QB / head coach combination. Nothing else matters. Nothing. The probability of hitting it right is the only statistic that matters and I'd say there are far more examples of failure or sheer unexpected coincidence than a clear selection, marriage and success path.

In fact the only case where I can see a team that selected the head coach who then went and got "his" franchise QB in a draft and rode it to success is Flacco/Harbaugh.

Lucks situation may have a shot at this as well.

Almost ever other case is dumb luck, a surprise in a free agent pick up who outperformed as compared to his pror team, or late pick or a guy drafted as depth who just made it happened.

My point here is this will be the only thing that matters in the end and we won't know until late next season what's there.

Nothing is going to change with this clown in charge. He may be a good guy but doesn't have a clue about how to run an organization. At this point I'd just prefer we had a new owner and they either decided to keep the team in Buffalo and fire Brandon and the rest of the clowns, or moved and then I'd be done with this team.

Your letter is entirely-completely misdirected.

It should go to Russ Brandon's boss, Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson.

Russ Brandon is only doing what Ralph Wilson wants him to do.

Perhaps if the open letter were simply addressed to the Bills front office in general, or even, To Whom It May Concern, we could affect some real change?

Did you even bother to read the original post?

Read every word of it. You're very upset. I'm assuming the game yesterday put you over the proverbial tipping point. You're blaming Russ for everything you perceive to be wrong/bad about the Bills. You seem to infer some conspiracies are afoot. If Russ is responsible for everything, then he probably told EJ to throw all the picks. Right?

Read every word of it. You're very upset. I'm assuming the game yesterday put you over the proverbial tipping point. You're blaming Russ for everything you perceive to be wrong/bad about the Bills. You seem to infer some conspiracies are afoot. If Russ is responsible for everything, then he probably told EJ to throw all the picks. Right?

Had you read every word you wouldn't question the losing, blue pants, Toronto, Russ, lease provision theory. Its water tight.

Your plan of fielding a garbage product that forces attendance to drop and making the team's viability in WNY seem overwhelming to a highly populated area has worked to a T.

Ah, so it's planned failure. How do the Mario, Lawson, Kiko, Carpenter, and Branch additions fit into this plan?

Finally, an honorable mention goes to the stadium lease with lots of "out Clauses" and little trap door gems written into it that will make for an easy and clean break... well played, and you thought you could slip that one by the fans.... well you did on most of them.

Did Russ also slip those by the other signatories, i.e., Erie County and NYS? Or are they in on the plan too?

:doh:

Ah, so it's planned failure. How do the Mario, Lawson, Kiko, Carpenter, and Branch additions fit into this plan?

Yes.

Did Russ also slip those by the other signatories, i.e., Erie County and NYS? Or are they in on the plan too?

And yes. what's so difficult about how I worded it the first time?

:doh:

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Do you really think Ralph has all his faculties to make these decisions?

The results may suck, as usual, but I can honestly say, all in all, I have enjoyed this season more than any season in maybe the last 10 years. It is easy, and understandable, to get disgusted (I was disgusted with yesterdays game as much as anyone) but I still feel like, if nothing else, we are heading into a new era of Bills football, and I am willing to give new regime a little more time...that is all we have at this point. I have seen indications that the new regime is not necessarily one to stand pat and hope everything gets better, as we have seen in the past. I may be completely misguided in my optimism (I have not been accused of being a polly-ana Bills fan in about 10 years or so...Dick Jauron killed that for me), but I stil feel, despite the miderable loss yesterday, this team is starting to get some things right. We have seen them play well, and even beat, a few decent teams this year...is that a better indicator of where they are, or is losing to a lowly team like the Bucs more accurate?

The results may suck, as usual, but I can honestly say, all in all, I have enjoyed this season more than any season in maybe the last 10 years. It is easy, and understandable, to get disgusted (I was disgusted with yesterdays game as much as anyone) but I still feel like, if nothing else, we are heading into a new era of Bills football, and I am willing to give new regime a little more time...that is all we have at this point. I have seen indications that the new regime is not necessarily one to stand pat and hope everything gets better, as we have seen in the past. I may be completely misguided in my optimism (I have not been accused of being a polly-ana Bills fan in about 10 years or so...Dick Jauron killed that for me), but I stil feel, despite the miderable loss yesterday, this team is starting to get some things right. We have seen them play well, and even beat, a few decent teams this year...is that a better indicator of where they are, or is losing to a lowly team like the Bucs more accurate?

^ This...

All is well, Russ has been promoted every year from baseball ticket salesman to ceo of the buffalo Bills while only fielding an above 500 team once....in the last decade. The only two consistent things on this losing franchise has been Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon. Now that Wilson has nothing to do with the operations end of it, it fall on Brandon. Can Jim Kelly finally Buy the team????

All is well, Russ has been promoted every year from baseball ticket salesman to ceo of the buffalo Bills while only fielding an above 500 team once....in the last decade. The only two consistent things on this losing franchise has been Ralph Wilson and Russ Brandon. Now that Wilson has nothing to do with the operations end of it, it fall on Brandon. Can Jim Kelly finally Buy the team????

Brandon's ascent through his current position is directly correlated to the team drifting further and further into irrelevance.

Its amazing, really.

All because he "figured out" that holding training camp at his alma mater in Rochester instead of Dunkirk/Fredonia would be a good idea.

Talk is cheap. Russ & Co. like to talk about "keeping our own players", but when the time comes to step up and make it happen, they fail (Levitre, Byrd). Can't help but think a quality left guard could have helped win one or two of those close games and we might still be talking playoffs today.

Talk is cheap. Russ & Co. like to talk about "keeping our own players", but when the time comes to step up and make it happen, they fail (Levitre, Byrd). Can't help but think a quality left guard could have helped win one or two of those close games and we might still be talking playoffs today.

Quick project: list for us the players re-signed by the team since Nix/Whaly took over; now list the ones that weren't.

I think it will be an eye-opening exercise...

Quick project: list for us the players re-signed by the team since Nix/Whaly took over; now list the ones that weren't.

I think it will be an eye-opening exercise...

Well, I think I know where you're going with this, but not 100% sure. I suspect you are saying that Nix/Whaley have done a better job of keeping players than it may seem. These players are ones I can identify as re-signing:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Fred Jackson

Tashard Choice

David Clowney

Drayton Florence

Terrence McGee

Corey McIntyre

Shawne Merriman

David Nelson

Garrison Sanborn

Brad Smith

Tyler Thigpen

Kyle Williams

George Wilson

Probably several others, too. I just don't think you let a guy like Levitre walk. Not unless you at least have a promising prospect on the squad (which they didn't).

Well, I think I know where you're going with this, but not 100% sure. I suspect you are saying that Nix/Whaley have done a better job of keeping players than it may seem. These players are ones I can identify as re-signing:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Fred Jackson

Tashard Choice

David Clowney

Drayton Florence

Terrence McGee

Corey McIntyre

Shawne Merriman

David Nelson

Garrison Sanborn

Brad Smith

Tyler Thigpen

Kyle Williams

George Wilson

Probably several others, too. I just don't think you let a guy like Levitre walk. Not unless you at least have a promising prospect on the squad (which they didn't).

It appears that your list is missing Pears, Urbik, Wood, and Stevie.

And I agree that the LG plan failed because they overestimated what they'd get out of Colin Brown.

As long as they make a profit, they won't listen to a single thing the fans want. And they certainly won't care about putting a winning product on the field.

Exactly!

There will be some off-season buzz that will excite Bills fans enough to go out and buy Buffalo Bills merchandise as well as tickets for next season.

Then the Bills will go 4-9 before we realize that we have been had again!

Do you really think Ralph has all his faculties to make these decisions?

The decisions were made a long time ago.

1. Make money.

2. Don't spend money.

Exactly!

There will be some off-season buzz that will excite Bills fans enough to go out and buy Buffalo Bills merchandise as well as tickets for next season.

Then the Bills will go 4-9 before we realize that we have been had again!

The decisions were made a long time ago.

1. Make money.

2. Don't spend money.

Statements like this make it hard to take you seriously.

Does "don't spend money" include:

$100M for Mario?

$35M for Stevie?

$39M for Kyle Williams?

$25M for Eric Wood?

$50M for Aaron Schobel (twice)?

$25M for Chris Kelsay (twice)?

$49M for Derrick Dockery?

$59M for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Look, if you want to say that they've spent money poorly, that is a pretty fair case to make. To say that they don't spend money is just wrong.

Go back and look at the %age of the cap that the Bills have spent over the past 15 years...you'll see that some years they've been in the top 5 in spending, some years in the bottom 5, and mostly right in the middle.

And just so you're aware, yes, Ralph is still quite "with it" and knows very well what's going on with the team. He can't get around very well anymore, but mentally, he's still very much there.

Agree and disagree. As I shared after the week 1 disappointing loss to NE, Russ way in over his head on the football side of things. Owning up to what your strengths as well as your weaknesses are very key to everything we do. His biggest weakness is thinking he has any experience on the football side of the business. If he wants to keep the CEO tag, fine, but bring in someone else at the executive level with total autonomy on all football matters. Nothing against Doug Marrone personally, but wasn't really enamored with his hire. I wont even comment again on Hackett, I have beaten that horse to a pulp. Altogether, very, very unfortunate.

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Fred Jackson

Tashard Choice

David Clowney

Drayton Florence

Terrence McGee

Corey McIntyre

Shawne Merriman

David Nelson

Garrison Sanborn

Brad Smith

Tyler Thigpen

Kyle Williams

George Wilson

Seems like about half of those names are no longer here. Maybe that earns someone a second slap on the back though.